What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The Witcher book series the one the video game is based off of. It is a really good series so far.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Book three of the Sword of Truth series. Really good so far
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    The Witcher book series the one the video game is based off of. It is a really good series so far.

Eh I should really finish the game, lol.
  • BetterDad08
    BetterDad08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Fireflight by Brandon Sanderson. I am really enjoying this series. Took a chance on the first book, Steelheart, for $1.99. I have really enjoyed his Stormlight Archive books as well.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Currently reading Fireflight by Brandon Sanderson. I am really enjoying this series. Took a chance on the first book, Steelheart, for $1.99. I have really enjoyed his Stormlight Archive books as well.

The last one comes next Tuesday! So thrilled.

Reading Bands of Mourning right now from Sanderson as well.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    The Sanctuary Series by Robert J.Crane.
    http://www.robertjcrane.com/p/sanctuary-series.html

Read Volume 1 on the weekend, started Volume 2 yesterday.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Just started the _Becoming Steve Jobs_ audiobook, it's really good so far.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N6PCWY8/

I've never read a Sanderson novel; what would you guys suggest as a starter?
  • Francl27
    edited February 2016
    Options

http://www.tor.com/2015/05/11/where-to-start-reading-brandon-sanderson/

I don't care much for the Alcatraz series but otherwise I really love all his stuff. And the Way of King/Words of Radiance is definitely my favorite series, but you might want to think twice before investing your time in the beginning of a very long series with only two 1200 pages books released so far, lol.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I like reading hardcover books from the library, but am on vacation ....... brought my Nook & reading a bunch of free stuff ..... some good mysteries & fantasy .... currently reading "Played to Death" by B V Lawson, which is pretty good. SO MANY BOOKS, SO LITTLE TIME !
  • katkiv22
    katkiv22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm rereading Reamde by Neal Stephenson. I love everything of his that I've read, Anathem is my favorite book and I read it at least once a year.

Cheers to all the fellow Sanderson fans! I just finished Elantris and The Emperor's Soul. Both are highly recommended. I also recently devoured Ready Player One. It's a really fun read for any geeks and fans of the 80s.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

http://www.tor.com/2015/05/11/where-to-start-reading-brandon-sanderson/

Excellent, thanks for the link. I'll put it to good use!
    katkiv22 wrote: »
    I'm rereading Reamde by Neal Stephenson. I love everything of his that I've read, Anathem is my favorite book and I read it at least once a year.

Really like both of those.
  • modestashegets
    modestashegets Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Rosie Project. Fantastic.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Just got done with House of Hades, now on to Blood of Olypmus, the last Percy Jackson Heroes of Olympus book. To be honest, I have a lot of books I picked up at Goodwill/Habitat for Humanity I have yet to read.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
  • Francl27
    Options
    The Bloodline Star Wars book. Slowly...
  • jessiwithaneye
    jessiwithaneye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Currently on the third book of the Raven Cycle (Blue Lily, Lily Blue) by Maggie Stiefvater. Nearly finished, and I've got the last book checked out from the library, ready and waiting!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. It's a sci-fi twist on classic fairy tales(cinderella, red riding hood, rapunzel, snow white). I've read 2 out of 4 so far. Very quick reads as it's a juvenile series. Lots of fun and a good story.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    katkiv22 wrote: »
    . I also recently devoured Ready Player One. It's a really fun read for any geeks and fans of the 80s.

I love that book!!!! I randomly picked it up at lending library at my work. I'm excited for the movie adaptation. It'll be fun to see the visuals from the book, like the RV towers.

• shinycrazy
    Options
    Any Dark Tower fans? I've read through the series twice. Once I finish the Lunar Chronicles and Assassination Classroom, I think I'm going to pick it up again.
  • Francl27
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Any Dark Tower fans? I've read through the series twice. Once I finish the Lunar Chronicles and Assassination Classroom, I think I'm going to pick it up again.

I read the first 4 twice.. then rushed through the last ones when they all came out so close together... I didn't enjoy them as much. And wanted to throw out the last book when I was done (hated the ending).

Looking forward to the movies though!