What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks. Not sure what's next. Might re-read Words of Radiance when I get to it.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I just finished Dark Triumph (book 2 in the YA series, His Fair Assassin). Now moving on to the 3rd book, Mortal Heart.
  • baenling
    baenling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started on Mistborn. A friend described it to me as 'Fantasy Oceans Eleven' so I was super keen to get it, lol
  • OhNoABee
    OhNoABee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm actively reading The Martian and The Word Without Us. (I have about six others in my currently reading pile that I chip away at periodically.) Waiting on a digital copy of Seveneves from the library, since I didn't quite finish it the first time around.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Reading the big batch of Star Wars books that came out last month. Aftermath, Lost Stars (YA), and the three others. Liking them all so far. My goal is to stay current on the new-canon stuff and so far it's been a fun project.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    baenling wrote: »
    I'm just getting started on Mistborn. A friend described it to me as 'Fantasy Oceans Eleven' so I was super keen to get it, lol

They're ace! I was introuduced to Sanderson through WoT & picked up quite a few of his since, Mistborn & Warbreaker I really liked.

Currently reading Kushiel's Justice for the 4/5 time! Comics in pile has vol 2 of Velvet, Decender vol 1 & a lovely hardback collection of Uzumaki :)
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Dragon Age: Last Flight. Next up is more Drizzt books. Lots to look forward to :smile:
  • Francl27
    Options
    baenling wrote: »

Love them. Although I need to re-read the Alloy of Law as the new one is coming out and I can't remember at all what it was about... but the first trilogy was great!

I'm not reading anything right now, to be honest... too busy watching Netflix when I have some alone time...
  • WildGing
    WildGing Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    krexfoster wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of Dragon Age: Last Flight. Next up is more Drizzt books. Lots to look forward to :smile:

YESSSSS! I love the DA books. Well, the first three - I haven't gotten to A Masked Empire or Last Flight yet. Thanks for the reminder to get on that!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Finally became motivated enough to start reading "Game of Thrones". Normally, I don't like mega novels, but this is holding my interest so far.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Just finished the original Mistborn trilogy. I loved the Stormlight Archive books and am dying for the third one out next year because I have to know what Kaladin finds. Thinking about a new Stephen King book, but I just can't get into his newer stuff. I have the DA books.... or my hubby does. Might give them a go next. :)

(I've given up on GRR Martin ever finishing GOTR, sigh. He better not leave us all hanging.)
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Star Wars novel, Tarkin. Deciding on what to read next.
  • on_the_other_side
    Options
    Mind's Eye by Douglas E. Richards. Fun so far!

Update: First 1/4 of the book was fun, after that it became progressively unbearable. I have never read a book that started off so strong and then crashed so hard. Now reading Slaughterhouse-Five for the first time...awesome.
  • dgrommet
    dgrommet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Five Equations that Changed the World, by Michael Guillen

The story of the Bernoullis is so twisted it should be a soap opera!
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Reading part three of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Life, the Universe and Everything. I have the collected volume, it is heavy, does that count as weight lifting? Also whenever I refer to it I will say something like "Oh, man I almost forgot Douglas Adams"
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman
    Divine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman
    Divine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez

ANYTHING NEIL GAIMAN! The man is a genius. You should check out the Sandman graphic novels, they are amazing!
  • chanzillaa
    chanzillaa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting the Harry Potter series! I never read the final book, so I don't know what happens at the end. I've managed to avoid major spoilers somehow. Man it's one helluva nostalgia trip.
  • ottok89
    ottok89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im struggling to finish the game of thrones books right now. Hallway through the fourth book. Spoilers are almost impossible to avoid but i still enjoy them. In just such a slow reader.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Re-reading The Alloy of Law by Sanderson before I read the new one, because I completely forgot what it was about.