What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    bmele0 wrote: »
    I love Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, and now I'm diving into her less supernatural (but still somewhat) thriller Cainesville series. That show Bitten on Syfy is based off her books, but naturally the books are better and aren't solely focused on werewolves. I know the writer didn't want to be pegged as a werewolf writer, so the series delves into many different kinds of supernatural creatures. She touches on vamps, but has a different take on them and doesn't really focus on them which was sort of refreshing. She has a young-adult series on a necromancer and that was good fun!

I loved Women of the Otherworld! Have you read Kresley Cole's Immortals after Dark series? It starts off a bit slow, but her characters are hilarious. Less mystery more relationship-driven than Otherworld too.

I will definitely take a look! Thanks :smiley:
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    A book on writing video games by one of the guys who worked on the original Transformers and GI Joe cartoons.
  • topheravila24
    Options
    Working through The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    RPG Maker for teens since there's no RPG maker for dummies lol
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Reading Mockingjay, the 3rd Hunger Games book.

Want to finish it before I see the film since I find it hard to enjoy a book if I know what's going to happen. A film, on the other hand, isn't diminished for me if its based on a book I've already read. In fact it seems to add something to seeing it on the screen.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those who have read The Kingkiller Chronicle series by Patrick Rothfuss. Did you like it and would you recommend it?
    It keeps popping up on Fantasy lists and I've read mixed reviews from readers on Goodreads and Amazon. Putting out feelers before I dive into the series.
  • jessiwithaneye
    jessiwithaneye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Gaiman's Stardust, but a friend handed me the first two books of the Outlander series the other day and told me to let her know when I'm ready for the next ones, so it looks like that's next on the agenda.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm reading A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin.

8830689.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Asheea wrote: »
    I have a question for those who have read The Kingkiller Chronicle series by Patrick Rothfuss. Did you like it and would you recommend it?
    It keeps popping up on Fantasy lists and I've read mixed reviews from readers on Goodreads and Amazon. Putting out feelers before I dive into the series.

Yes! It's fantastic (although I liked the first one more than the second one). Just taking way too long for the last one to be released. He just released another one that's in the same universe though, I just haven't got to read it yet.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Japanese Rose - Theresa Lorella. I've just started it actually. There is also a Star Trek: Titan novel I've been trying to get into, but have not succeeded so far.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yes! It's fantastic (although I liked the first one more than the second one). Just taking way too long for the last one to be released. He just released another one that's in the same universe though, I just haven't got to read it yet.

thanks_a_bunch_banana_monkeys.gif
    I'll grab the first book then. :smile:
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Currently, Westmark by Lloyd Alexander. I will follow that up with Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind finally.... I am also listening to Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan to get in my complete reread/relisten of the Wheel of Time before finally reading A Memory of Light for the first time to bring it all to a close.
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just crammed Odd Thomas by Koontz into my bag. But seeing so many of you mention Kingkiller makes me curious, might have to look that one up.
  • Ericsawicki
    Ericsawicki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am reading A Dance with Dragons. I am almost (70%) done with it but i'm taking my time because I don't know when the next one is coming out. of course I have the new World of Ice and Fire waiting for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The slow regard of silent things by Patrick Rothfuss. Just started really, hard to find some quiet time to read lately.
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The Vampire Lestat, because I was feeling a little goth
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones. Haven't seen any of the HBO series yet but I will.
  • spellmannn
    spellmannn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started and already about 1/3 of the way through How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe. For anyone who enjoyed Hitchhiker's Guide or similar, it's a great read.
  • mleslngterp
    mleslngterp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just got the second Maze Runner book off of hold at the library and looking forward to it. Haven't seen the movie yet...waiting on RedBox lol.
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "The Scorch Trials" (Maze Runner book 2), "Four to Score" (Stephanie Plum #4) by Janet Evanovich. Not Sci-Fi or Fantasy, but really funny. Also reading Book 2 of the Mage Wind series by Mercedes Lackey. I have been in the middle of the Wheel of Time series for ages, just haven't gotten back to it. And I have started "Game of Thrones", but my daughter stole it and I have to wait till she gives it back.

I am waiting to read "The Giver" until I watch the movie. I don't like to read the books first in most cases because I like to live in ignorance. If I don't know what I'm missing, it doesn't bother me as much. Except for "The Host" by Stephenie Meyers. My mom said the movie was confusing. She hadn't read the book and found the movie hard to follow.