Introduction (Name, State, Goals, how achieve it)

Options

Replies

• KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Kristy and I am from Wisconsin.

I played roller derby and as a result put my body through hell and at the age of 29 I had 4 knee surgeries (2 acl replacements on the same knee) and just got totally out of shape (not that I was thin before). My husband and I are ready to start a family so both of us are on a journey to get in shape and lead a healthy live style. I want to lose a total of 100.3lbs and so far am down 38.1

I am going to continue using MFP to count calories as well as walking. I havent been cleared for anything else yet as I am only 4 months post op from my last surgery. But I would love to try zumba once cleared.

Best of luck to all! :flowerforyou:
  • noodlebanana
    noodlebanana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mollie from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada.

My goal is to lose 25lbs by the end of the year.

My plan is to:
    *track my calories with MFP and keep it under my daily limit before factoring in exercise
    *drink 8 cups of water / day
    *exercise:
    - start with walking 1.2 km before & after work, after work includes .5km on a very steep incline
    - work up to walking 2.5km before & after work - before work is easy but somehow going home after is so hard
    - I need to work in some strength trainin/core work but I haven't figured out how yet
  • clgrdjunkimonki
    Options
    hey im emily from new jersey

my sw:280 cw:262 goal weight:160
    i plan on logging my food everyday and trying to stay under goal. i also want to walk everyday building up the length of time until i can walk for an hour at a time :) also want to do some cardio strength training to build muscle
  • tanek747
    tanek747 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in the UK and doing this challenge with my fiancé. Lost 27kg previously by swapping to cooking plant based meals at home. Recently started with MFP logging all calorie intake and tracking exercise via jawbone UP 24 for steps and manually logging things like swimming.

Aiming for the challenge to lose 32 ish pounds, 14kg to put me within 10kg of my goal weight. Getting harder as I get lighter :)
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi! Diane, Montreal, get to final goal of 165 and maintain it! (5 lbs from my lowest - 8 lbs from today)...
    Keep on logging, eating healthy, lots of water, 10,000 steps a day - and not blowing it big time while on vacation and cruise in October!!!
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the invite!!! My Name is Jess and I started this challenge then got this horrible cold before I could even log-on to post anything. But better late then never. I'm from North Dakota.

I decided to set the bar high and try to lose 23 lbs before the end of the year. Really hoping to stick to my goals: counting everything accurately, weighing and measuring when able, preplanning meals and start to workout 3 days a week.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jo, I live in Alberta, Canada. My goal is to get down to 130 lbs by the end of this challenge. I plan to achieve this goal by continue logging my calories and staying with in my calories goal, going to the gym and strength training, and doing 5 to 6 days of cardio being running, biking or the elliptical.
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    Name: Jennifer

Goal: 26 pounds

How to achieve it: eating healthy, exercising and drinking lots of water
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    -Doug
    By the end of the year,
    1. lose a total of 50 lbs
    2. Be at the gym every weekday at 6 am
    3. do 5 pushups
    4. cycle 30 miles without feeling beat the rest of the day
    5. Get stronger via Stronglifts 5x5, final goal is unknown, I am just starting. I'll fill this in.
    6. Have Stryker the Lab certified as a Therapy Dog
  • lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My name is Louise. I live in Georgia. My goal is to clean up my diet. I have lots of weight to lose but want to concentrate more on clean eating and less on weight loss right now. By the end of the year I would like to be at least 80/20 Paleo. No gluten, no added sugars, no processed foods.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Tatajana. I currently live in Missouri but I am from Colorado! My goal is to lose 14 pounds by the end of the year! I'm going to be active (I have an 100 mile walked goal for October) and eat healthy! In November I plan to start and finish 30 day shred (I got it and it's little too intense for me right now, since I just got back into things) and in December I will do another challenge. I want to be 200 pounds by the end of the year, making my total weight loss 75 pounds for the year!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Lori from California. I would like to lose 15 lbs by 2015. I am counting calories and walking, at home exercises
  • madusm
    madusm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!
    I am Madhu from India. I weighed 77.5 kgs when i started my weight loss journey. I have lost a total of 13 Kgs. But the last couple of months have been really hard for me to stay on the right track. I find myself binging on a regular basis and I am slowly putting on weight.
    My goals:
    1. Do not binge for the rest of this year (<---this is the hardest part for me)
    2. My current weight: 64.5 Kgs.
    Goal weight for 31/12/2014 (which is also my birthday :)) is 59.5 Kgs (<-- This will be my birthday gift)
    3. Log into MFP everyday (<-- This has really helped me with my weight loss)
    4. Workout 5 days/week
  • Book_lover92
    Book_lover92 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Rebecca I am from England. I currently weigh 210.6lbs and aiming to weigh 198lbs by 31/12/2014.
    I am going to achieve this by logging in everyday so I can keep track of my calories, exercising for a minimum of 20 mins on the exercise bike a day and horse riding once a week.
  • JoKessho
    JoKessho Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! Name's Jodi, but usually just Jo. I'm pretty much from all over the world (seriously, never really settle down).

I'm 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) and 145 lbs (66 kg). My goal is to be 127 lbs by the end of the year and, ultimately, 120 lbs.

I will achieve this by being very active; cycling everywhere, going swimming, running, horseback riding, and strength training. I'm doing keto at the moment and it seems to be working for me, so I'm going to stick with it :)
  • laf0026
    laf0026 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is kind of late. I have been posting my daily goals and decided to go back and write done my overall goal for the end of 2014.
    My name is Leah.
    I live in North Texas
    By the first day of 2015, I would like to weigh 20 pound less than my current weight.
    I will achieve this by working out, strength training, walking 10000 steps a day, and eating within my calories.
  • knmurray02
    knmurray02 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello All. My name is Kay and as you might of guessed, I'm from Ohio. My weight loss goal is to lose 15lbs, but my ultimate goal is to eat balanced meals everyday and to stay active. I am what scientist call sedentary active. I am sedentary most of the day and then I hit the gym for an hour (who knew there was a name for it).

I am going to try and not get held up by the number on the scale and focus more on moving more (10,000 steps a day) and my eating habits are horrid. I can do well on workdays but any day that I am off I lose all control. If I could do these two things, I would not mind if I don't hit my weight loss goal.

Good Luck to everyone!
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    Hi! My name is April from Texas, and i just turned 31 on Saturday. I have struggled with my weight for a long time and I'm ready to get rid of it once and for all. My goal is to lose 40 pounds by Dec 31st. I know that it is manageable because I have done it before, I think my problem is just doing it! I am going to try to reach my goal by doing Herbalife, I have now became a distributor after losing 18 pounds in 30 days while doing it. I feel so much better and its good to finally be under 200 pounds. I will also be walking 1 hour everyday, and swimming or doing water aerobics until it gets chilly here....which I will need more ideas when that time comes as i don't have a gym membership. I also have a heel injury, so finding things to do is a little difficult right now. Feel free to add me for extra motivation!!
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    Hi Leah, good luck!! I live in North Texas as well..what part are you in?
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    Hi Jo! That is exactly what I was prepregnancy and so happy with that weight! You can do it!! Best of luck! that is also my goal weight again.