Beginner Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm in on the squat challenge, but I'll be a week behind (no pun intended), I'm going to need a day off to recover after Planksgiving.
    julebg79 wrote: »
    I literally have wounds on my elbows, though--plank induced rug burn gone scabby. :(
    Haha, me too. Hubs says I have rug burns on my elbows for all the wrong reasons!

• julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm in for squat challenge! I'll be behind with maphammonds.

lol-definitely the wrong reasons for rug burn!

Beginners--a call for help. This week I've only managed 64 min of strength and 99 of cardio. I know it's a hard week for every one, but if you have any minutes to spare, I'd really appreciate it. I'm traveling today and won't be able to make up the last bit.
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Jule: I might be able to help a little, at least get you to goal on Strength. I will post again later this morning after my workout and let you know. Cardio, not so much, lol.

I didn't get anywhere close to finishing Planksgiving, though I would love to try again. No squat challenge for me. I love squats but doing them even just two days in a row kills my knees. :-(
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Jule - I've got you covered on the cardio, when I post, I'll give you 31 minutes.
  • CindyB97
    Options
    I ended up with a little more cardio than I expected after adding up all my numbers. Since maphammonds gave you enough to hit your cardio goal, I'll give you 10 minutes of strength (I don't feel like doing maths this morning, lol). You're covered, jule!
  • julebg79
    Options
    Thanks maphammonds and cindyb97!!!! I'll credit you both when reporting tonight. :)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Squat and lunge challenges are good.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Double checking all the checkins. I know Ive been out a couple weeks but some of the ppl that are no shows seem a bit unusual. If you forgot to check in - let me know.

ashleybreanna13 Beth
    brightsideofpink Daryl
    hummerjl Maggie
    Lainey5051 Carol
    MsTiffamee Daryl
    naanaamoreno Maggie
    Onoiam50 Carol
    orangeboo Carl
    shreddin_mama Maggie
    thump419 Maggie
  • CindyB97
    Options
    MsTiffamee wrote: »
    I just wanted to let the team know that I have been excused from the challenge this week. I will be out of town for the holidays. I have messaged Cindyinpg to let her know. I hope you guys kick tail this week. I'll be returning next week!! :)

tj: MsTiffamee posted this a page earlier. I don't know about any of the others.
  • Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    Double checking all the checkins. I know Ive been out a couple weeks but some of the ppl that are no shows seem a bit unusual. If you forgot to check in - let me know.

ashleybreanna13 Beth
    brightsideofpink Daryl
    hummerjl Maggie
    Lainey5051 Carol
    MsTiffamee Daryl
    naanaamoreno Maggie
    Onoiam50 Carol
    orangeboo Carl
    shreddin_mama Maggie
    thump419 Maggie

I did miss posting have done it now.

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Weekly challenge is up. Results will be posted this evening. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1464792/weekly-challenge/p3
  • tj1376
    Options
    Scores have been turned in. You actually only had 3 people not report in.

This is the last week - try to make it a great one!! Go all out!!!! I know its the holidays, but incorporating exercise is a great way not to backslide during this month.

Challenge each other!!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry guys. I did great with my numbers last week, but as expected had zero way to report in from where we traveled. Its shocking that there are still places in the US without internet access or cell connectivity. I plan to double down this week though and hopefully my shared minutes will make up for things a little bit.
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Since this is our last week, I assume we take a break until the season comes back in feb?
  • CindyB97
    Options
    I thought there were 2 more weeks. I know last night was the mid-season finale, but the description of this group says it's 9 weeks. Maybe I counted wrong.

Can't wait to see how we did! Go Beginners!!!
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    :# I don't like Denise Austin! But I did it in honor of Beth :'(
  • julebg79
    Options
    Hooray, Planksgiving is OVER, and I surprised myself by doing it all the way through (though with some modifications to make plank walks an on-knee exercise)! I did take until today to finish (instead of Nov 30), because I was lazy during my Thanksgiving travels. But I still call it a win.

So, does anyone want to join me in trying a new challenge this week? You do each exercise for 30 seconds at high intensity, then have 10 seconds to get in position for the next, then 30 seconds on the next exercise, rinse and repeat. My husband and I plan to do it 5/7 days a week for the entire month of December. More info here: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/?_r=0

12well_physed-tmagArticle.jpg
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I made it back! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

BTW...its really hard catching up on a weeks worth of forum conversations. LOL!

Glad to be back!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »

ashleybreanna13 Beth
    brightsideofpink Daryl
    hummerjl Maggie
    Lainey5051 Carol
    MsTiffamee Daryl
    naanaamoreno Maggie
    Onoiam50 Carol
    orangeboo Carl
    shreddin_mama Maggie
    thump419 Maggie

I was excused from last week! I was out of town for the holidays!
  • tj1376
    Options
    julebg79 wrote: »
    Hooray, Planksgiving is OVER, and I surprised myself by doing it all the way through (though with some modifications to make plank walks an on-knee exercise)! I did take until today to finish (instead of Nov 30), because I was lazy during my Thanksgiving travels. But I still call it a win.

So, does anyone want to join me in trying a new challenge this week? You do each exercise for 30 seconds at high intensity, then have 10 seconds to get in position for the next, then 30 seconds on the next exercise, rinse and repeat. My husband and I plan to do it 5/7 days a week for the entire month of December. More info here: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/?_r=0

12well_physed-tmagArticle.jpg
    I think I will try this. I have been considering my next challenge during the break and this looks like its a little of everything.

This is the last week - no more zombie challenge until February.