Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member

Replies

• Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    First let me say, I'm new to joining groups and accepting challenges, so I may have a lot of questions along the way!

So....now the real introduction. I'm married, 27 years old, and currently live in Alabama. I love TWD and can't wait to start this challenge. I have lost 24lbs so far. I am on MFP daily logging, supporting, and motivating. I love to win and hate to lose....so let's do this! :)
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just getting back into the fitness after having a baby. I'll try not to slow you down. This challenge sounds fun and a nice kick in the butt that i need.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    uTYn0mS.jpg
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    is level based on fitness level or if we have been in one of your groups before?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    is level based on fitness level or if we have been in one of your groups before?
    It is based on your fitness level. ????
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    36yo mother of 2 boys, 6 and 9 started this site in order to drop the 28lbs gained after I quit smoking.
    Have been bouncing around the 8-9 lbs lost.. trying to get into and stay in the double digits!

First time doing one of these challenges, so I apologize in advance if I have lots of questions, and such!
    Looking forward to this!
  • karicatastrophic
    karicatastrophic Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kari! I just started a few days ago. I am 24 and trying to lose around 60 lbs. I am totally looking forward to this challenge. I am obsessed with the walking dead and this seems like a really great way to stay motivated since I am just starting out. I am excited! GO TEAM!
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Beka. I'm 28 and this is my first MFP challenge. I've lost about 20lbs so far and I have another 80 to go.

Looking forward to kicking some zombie walker butts with you!
  • k8161819
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm Kate. This is my first MFP challenge, and looks like it should be fun! I'm 24 years old and looking to lose around 60 pounds. Hopefully this is give me a little more motivation, and make it fun at the same time :happy:
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Beginners will be the Winners (sorry, bad rhyme, but couldn't resist!).

I'm Julie, a 35 year old mom of two girls (4yo and almost 2yo). In my late 20s, after a childhood and early adulthood of being obese, I lost about 85 lbs and reached my weight goal. Then I put about 65 of it back on over the course of 2 pregnancies. Worth it, since I love my girls dearly, but I definitely wish I'd been more diligent in my weight maintenance! I have yoyo'd back and forth from about 190-215 in the last 5 years, depending on pregnancies and motivational levels, but this time I'm committed to kicking butt and getting back to the goal I'd worked so hard to attain before. I want to be a positive fitness and body-image role model for my girls, and there is no time like the present. (I also don't plan to have more kids, so the PG issue shouldn't be a factor anymore!).

My husband will be doing the challenges with me for extra moral support, though he's not on MFP. He and I are currently working our way through a couch-to-5K running program.
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Kristy and I am 29yrs old, married with 2 fur-children only, no human babies just yet. This is not my first MFP challenge but the first time in the particular challenge which I am glad to have stumbled across since I am a HUGE Walking Dead fan.

I have lost 41.5lbs so far but would like to lose a total of 100.3lbs. So I have come far but still have a long way to go.

I am normally a very active person but am currently on injury restriction when it comes to fitness. I played roller derby for 4 years and as a result I destroyed my knee (my doctors words not mine) so needless to say I was forced to retire from the sport. I had my fourth knee surgery which was also my second ACL replacements all in my left knee in May 2014. This time they used a hamstring tendon as the graph so it is a lot harder on the healing process. Right now I cannot do much but I will do what I can. About 30lbs has been lost since my last surgery so i am hard working and not letting the limitations stop me; I will not disappoint!

Best of luck and lets kick some booty! :drinker:
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle and I am 42 yrs old. This is my first MFP challenge but I couldn't pass it up since I love TWD. I was also already trying to up my exercise. I am married and have a 19 yr old son who just recently moved out on his own, but that's okay, because I have two dogs - 50 lbs (a black lab) and 75 lbs (a golden dale) - who don't ever want to be away from me.
  • ashleigh315
    ashleigh315 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! I LOVE TWD and am so excited for this challenge!

I'm married to a handsome sailor and we just moved to Hawaii! We're original from Michigan so it's a nice (and warmer) change :) I've lost about 10lbs so far and have another 40 to go.

Feel free to send me a friend request! Let's kick butt!!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Beginners will be the Winners (sorry, bad rhyme, but couldn't resist!).

I'm Julie, a 35 year old mom of two girls (4yo and almost 2yo). In my late 20s, after a childhood and early adulthood of being obese, I lost about 85 lbs and reached my weight goal. Then I put about 65 of it back on over the course of 2 pregnancies. Worth it, since I love my girls dearly, but I definitely wish I'd been more diligent in my weight maintenance! I have yoyo'd back and forth from about 190-215 in the last 5 years, depending on pregnancies and motivational levels, but this time I'm committed to kicking butt and getting back to the goal I'd worked so hard to attain before. I want to be a positive fitness and body-image role model for my girls, and there is no time like the present. (I also don't plan to have more kids, so the PG issue shouldn't be a factor anymore!).

My husband will be doing the challenges with me for extra moral support, though he's not on MFP. He and I are currently working our way through a couch-to-5K running program.

what week are you on couck to 5k. i just finished week 3
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I'm going beginner just because of how many challenges I signed up for starting this month. There other pnes you do on your own. So I'm glad to have found one where there will be fitness challenges.
    I'm 34 from Long Island NY. I'm here for my health and to look great in my wedding dress.
  • LouLouBeans
    Options
    Hello~ this is my first TWD challenge, when I saw this posted I got so excited!

I'm 26, and in the span of three years went from a 130lbs runner and dancer to reaching my heaviest sometime last year at around 196, and have been bouncing around in the 190s since then. I made some significant lifestyle changes over a month ago, and weighed in at 189.5lbs this morning :bigsmile: So things are looking up! Long term goal is to keep being healthy and get back down to 130lbs, since I remember how awesome it felt.

Also, planning on counting how many times this season Rick will yell "CARL" :glasses:
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

what week are you on couck to 5k. i just finished week 3

Week 7, for me. Due to do Day 3 tomorrow! I got off schedule when I was on a long weekend last week, so my day 1 no longer coincides with Monday. Annoying. ;)

How are you liking it so far? My husband's doing it with me, and we had done it before, maybe 5-6 years ago. We had a really good experience with it actually working (I confess, as a non-runner before that, I was seriously shocked). I lost the magic with pregnancies/new mom scheduling, but at it again. Seems to be doing its magic this time, too! Though this time round I have more creaky joints and other signs of age setting in. ;)

Just want to say that I'm proud of us all for making the commitment. I look forward to working hard along side all of you.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who has not done a challenge at all before, and is quite nervous about what it will be like/entail?
    I really have NO clue what to expect... and then I worry I may forget to check something, or do something.....