Beginner Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    That's
    I seen the additional clip at the end of the credits, but I don't recognize the man! Anyone? I feel like I should re-watch last season on Netflix for a refresher...

I vote burpees for the punishment!

That's Morgan. He saved Rick's life in the very first episode of Season 1. He and his son brought Rick into their home when Rick escaped the hospital and was wandering the streets on a daze. Morgan told Rick about the Walkers. Rick was looking for Lori and Carl so they went their separate ways. They promised to keep on touch via walkie talkie, but we didn't see Morgan again until Season 4. He had lost his son and his mind and was surrounded by weapons and boobie traps.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work team!!!!

I have my strength in but need to do my cardio. How's this for punishment? Found it on pinterest they have loads of workouts
    jqh00q86ku8k.jpg
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That seems like a torturous punishment, yes. Looking at that, I'm seriously hoping we are never punished. ;) Beginners for the winners!!!!

This rainy week is messing up my usual jog routine, and I'm in a love/hate relationship with my elliptical, but I'm putting my time in little by little! I've been much better with not going over my calorie alottment this week than in previous weeks, and I know that the accountability here is the reason.

My "using household objects" assignment is doing russian twists with a large can of beans. LOL!

Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Should we be posting our daily stats in the thread? I know we don't have to, but I didn't know if maybe we should. Thoughts?
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ShreddinMama, that's great!! Yikes, 80 jumping jacks? Three times? That is an awesome assignment (I hate to call it punishment, I don't like thinking of exercise as punishment, but jumping jacks.... yeah, it's punishment, all right!).

Ms Tiffamee: If we all did it daily it would get out of hand, but I think some people are posting updates occasionally to keep us all motivated. I like that.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    That's
    I seen the additional clip at the end of the credits, but I don't recognize the man! Anyone? I feel like I should re-watch last season on Netflix for a refresher...

I vote burpees for the punishment!

That's Morgan. He saved Rick's life in the very first episode of Season 1. He and his son brought Rick into their home when Rick escaped the hospital and was wandering the streets on a daze. Morgan told Rick about the Walkers. Rick was looking for Lori and Carl so they went their separate ways. They promised to keep on touch via walkie talkie, but we didn't see Morgan again until Season 4. He had lost his son and his mind and was surrounded by weapons and boobie traps.

OH YES! That guy! I remember now. Interesting!
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Okay, I lurked in some of the other threads and those teams eat burpees for breakfast. :neutral_face:

If we really wanna make 'em sweat, I vote Turkish Getups. Those suuuuuuuuuuck.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    What is a Turkish Getup and should I be afraid?
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    What is a Turkish Getup and should I be afraid?

Be very afraid. :smiling_imp:

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/turkish-getup
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I thought we were supposed to talk about a punishment for the losing team too.

If it was up to me burpies are the worst so that's where I'd start. They kill after only a few. I LOVE BURPIES SAID NO PERSON EVER!!! >:)
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    Btw I already killed my Cardio requirement. 45 minutes C25K Sunday, 35 Minutes of C25K Tuesday, Today should be at least that and Saturday again (hopefully) so I can spare 30 minutes of cardio. I'm 10 minutes short on strength right now.... not my strong point! LOL

Please just let me know if you fell short on your cardio requirement, I'll donate some of mine!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ^^that's awesome! Good job!

...strength isn't my strong point either! Lol.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    sweat heavens....if we assigned Turkish GetUps as punishments, we better not ever lose again....cuz ya know what they say about paybacks!

I'd probably drop the bar/kettle bell on my face while trying to lay back down.
  • ashleigh315
    ashleigh315 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Everyone's punishment ideas sound wonderfully torturous! I found this on Pinterest and thought it may also be a good punishment! ZombiePunishment_zpsc7ebc4db.jpg
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Everyone's punishment ideas sound wonderfully torturous! I found this on Pinterest and thought it may also be a good punishment! ZombiePunishment_zpsc7ebc4db.jpg

YES! This!! I think this would be perfect and very easy to follow. Plus it is broken up into skill levels which is even more perfect! This gets my vote! Great find!
  • Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I love this!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I like it too!!!
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The Turkish Getup sounds awesome! And so does the Zombie Survival workout. We obviously will need to come up with lots of punishment ideas, since we will be victorious each week. I do the You Are Your Own Gym workout app, and for fun I looked at the toughest exercise they had, and it was handstand pushups (not sure what they are actually called). And there is a video of a guy doing them, so they can be done. Can you imagine if they had to do even just one of those?

My vote for next week, if we get to dole out the punishment, is the zombie workout. Then the Turkish thing another week. Does punishment always have to be exercise? Can we do something food-related?
  • julebg79
    Options
    Zombie workout sounds good to me! And later, Turkish Get Ups and BURPEES. Also, shreddinmama's workout image!
  • julebg79
    Options
    This week, I've done well with my cardio so far, and have 123 minutes (and still a workout scheduled for tomorrow, so I will have some I can donate, if needed). Strength training is where I struggle more, the same as some others mention upthread, but I met my 40 min requirement today--hope to go a bit beyond before Saturday!

This week, I'm finishing up a 30 day abs challenge that I started almost a month ago (only 3 days left!), and it takes me about 10 min/night, so I could get up 60 min if i do it both tomorrow and Saturday. I need to find something to do after it ends, though! I'm thinking of looking for a lower body (legs and butt) 30 day challenge sort of thing. Anyone have any good ones to recommend, or care to join me?! I"d be starting on Monday, I think.