Beginner Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well I am a new member (1 day too late) - so I'm part of the Zombie Herd.

My name is Brandy and I am 33 years old. My plan for cardio includes daily walks/jogs with my husky. My plan for strength include bodyweight workouts. I look forward to kicking butt with everyone!
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    To all my Team Daryl's out there... here is a list of team Carols to save you a trip to the signup sheet...

tj1376 Carol Advanced
    tinkermommc Carol Advanced
    sawjan Carol Advanced
    teresastr51 Carol Beginner
    jdecossas Carol Beginner
    jeccalou Carol Beginner
    independant2406 Carol Beginner
    Lainey5051 Carol Beginner
    Onoiam50 Carol Beginner
    Harlows Carol Beginner
    knitapeace Carol Intermediate
    Skittles2183 Carol Intermediate
    hajenkatt Carol Intermediate
    Gambrell104 Carol Intermediate
    jchrisman717 Carol Intermediate
    larsensue Carol Intermediate
    SaraAlexandre Carol Intermediate
    metanoia0116 Carol Intermediate
    kawookie Carol Intermediate
    coruscate7 Carol Intermediate
    strive4more11 Carol Intermediate
    sbrookes9 Carol Intermediate
    weightliftingdiva Carol Intermediate
    26minus60 Carol Intermediate
    tracyskeens Carol Intermediate
  • orangeboo
    orangeboo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi team! Being on team Carl, I am charged with encouraging my team AND others (which I already enjoy doing!) So my encouragement comes to you today from 1 Corinthians 10:23 - Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial. How is this encouraging? Well, this verse encourages me to make wise choices. Yes, a cheeseburger MAY be under my calories, but it may not be beneficial to my reaching my goals.
    - Hopefully my using the Word doesn't offend, but it is MY greatest source of encouragement :smile: Happy Monday!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Question: The kickboxing challenge for Team Daryl...could that be considered cardio and strength training?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    MsTiffamee wrote: »
    Question: The kickboxing challenge for Team Daryl...could that be considered cardio and strength training?
    Yes. Just choose one or the other, whichever you felt it was the most... or split it 50/50.

• AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Lets go Beginner Team! We can do this! :D
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Beginners!!!! I hope everyone is excited after last nights episode to get out there and kick some zombie butt!!!!

If you need me for anything, I try to get in here at least once a day, but message me if you have a question and I havent popped in.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I HAVE 53 MEMBERS OF THE BEGINNERS TEAM - MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON HERE, LET ME KNOW IF I MISSED YOU.

AnutChelle Carl
    jen7eleven Carl
    julebg79 Carl
    LouLouBeans Carl
    orangeboo Carl
    ShandiLuvsTWD Carl
    Harlows Carol
    independant2406 Carol
    jdecossas Carol
    jeccalou Carol
    Lainey5051 Carol
    Onoiam50 Carol
    teresastr51 Carol
    Bmercy21 Daryl
    brightsideofpink Daryl
    dwarfiegodsmack Daryl
    fourstamps Daryl
    k8161819 Daryl
    KristyMayhem331 Daryl
    MsTiffamee Daryl
    r_jen Daryl
    LadyHobbledehoy Glen
    Tbaby1514 Glen
    tiffany011191 Glen
    xMissMariex Glen
    Emwalker3406 Judith
    Kimberlee3090 Judith
    ashleigh315 Maggie
    Bhcb1 Maggie
    Celticsnowflake Maggie
    dallaslawgirl Maggie
    hummerjl Maggie
    naanaamoreno Maggie
    shreddin_mama Maggie
    thump419 Maggie
    ANewCrystal4Life Michonne
    CindyB97 Michonne
    jennhen Michonne
    lhmcarthur Michonne
    moniqueluv Michonne
    siratlas Michonne
    tracymayo1 Michonne
    ygniliem Michonne
    Gottafitthedress Rick
    karicatastrophic Rick
    smileyng Rick
    tamatisk Rick
    ashleybreanna13 Beth
    DucMouse Beth
    jamielynnmobile Beth
    maphammonds Beth
    mistertripps Walker Horde
    zombiebrandy0112 Walker Horde
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    Now that's a good looking bunch right there! Looks like a bunch of WINNERS to me!!! :)
  • LouLouBeans
    Options
    As a fellow Carl, let me just say to you all that you are awesome and amazing, and that you can do this! Go, team, go!

Also, CARL, STAY IN THE HOUSE!

<3
  • orangeboo
    orangeboo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So, i am at work and have decided to go on youtube and listen to the video for Carl's challenge this week. I think i might be giggling right along with the kiddos in this video :smile: #teamcarl
  • ashleigh315
    ashleigh315 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    Just remember that strength training doesn't have to involve weights. Its can be as simple as pushups, crunches, chair dips, shadow boxing, yoga, fire hydrants - all great strength exercises that do not have to have weights. I find cleaning my bathtub to be great strength training, I wake up the next day sore in places I didn't know I could be sore. :o

Be creative and find things you will like doing...repeatedly!!!!! :D

Thank you!! Great suggestions!

Have an awesome week beginner team!!
  • zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well I am a new member (1 day too late) - so I'm part of the Zombie Herd.

My name is Brandy and I am 33 years old. My plan for cardio includes daily walks/jogs with my husky. My plan for strength include bodyweight workouts. I look forward to kicking butt with everyone!

Just FYI - I moved myself to the Advanced group - good luck everyone!!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wv73g5jwipr3.jpg
    I thought I would share some theme-appropriate motivation. My cardio got started for the week with a 90 minute hike yesterday with my 2 year old on my back. Look close- my carrier is called Zombie Apocalypse :grin:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    that's awesome
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Just read through the weekly challenge post. Its awesome. :)

I'm on team Carl and have a kids workout to do. So I'm planning to do it when my daughters can join in. I'm sure they will only focus long enough to do bits and pieces (they are 2 and 4), but I love sharing my fitness goals with them. I feel like I'm setting a really good example when they do.
  • MsTiffamee
    Options
    I killed my cardio on Sunday and killed my character challenge and strength training yesterday. I had to do my character challenge and strength training in one day because I knew I wouldn't be able to walk to finish it later in the week sooo.........LOL! Strength training is so hard for me...it's a definite challenge!!! I don't want anyone to worry though. I am dedicated to the team and I won't let you down! I do plan on trying to get some more cardio in later in the week! I really don't want to lose because the other team is already discussing burpees for punishment...and well....I don't want to do burpees so lets make sure we win LOL!

If anyone is having struggles please don't give up ...let your team members know! I think we are allowed to loan cardio time and strength training time to each other if need be. We are all in this together so lets help each other! We can do this if we all work together!

Anyone that wants can add me if they like!

Let's get to exercising!!!! :)
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello Beginners!
    The 1st episode was great! Too bad Beth isn't back yet, I miss her! How are my fellow Beth's? Make sure to add me as a friend!

I woke up this morning and weighed myself for giggles, and went from 161 to 169. I eat a lot of pickles so it could be water weight, but it's probably lack of exercise, so this challenge came at the best time!

Beginners - ADD me if you like!! Let's motivate each other.

Whoo!
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow begininers! I'm completely new to this challenge and just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right. So when I do my cardio and strenght training do I need to post everything I have done here to get the credit or is it already established on my diary?
  • MsTiffamee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DucMouse wrote: »
    Hello fellow begininers! I'm completely new to this challenge and just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right. So when I do my cardio and strenght training do I need to post everything I have done here to get the credit or is it already established on my diary?

You will need to post all of that information on the SCOREBOARD thread by Saturday night! If you click on the scoreboard thread she gave a very good example of how we should list everything! Hope this helps!