Fall Feast Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Well, I love cinnamon so I'll appreciate it for you. ;)

Here's my apple pecan bread. It turned out awesome. Although full of cinnamon, because I always double the amount in the recipe.

c04a0fa5-523c-4c5c-9c4b-53a33c1f235b_zpsf665c4c5.jpg

I found that chocolate bar at Walgreen's, Jen.

I don't like pecans but that still looks amazing. I might have to try making it (without pecans).

Also... I love this thread. It's giving me so many great ideas for the fall. I love you guys :blush:
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Wow - lot's of yummy stuff. So far I have visited 1 Lucky's, 2 Targets, and 3 Safeways but haven't yet found Pumpkin Pie gelato :'( I consoled myself with some Talenti Hazelnut (says it is exclusive to Target?) but that's not particularly Fall Feasty.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Well, I love cinnamon so I'll appreciate it for you. ;)

Here's my apple pecan bread. It turned out awesome. Although full of cinnamon, because I always double the amount in the recipe.

I found that chocolate bar at Walgreen's, Jen.

I don't like pecans but that still looks amazing. I might have to try making it (without pecans).

Also... I love this thread. It's giving me so many great ideas for the fall. I love you guys :blush:

I might try it with walnuts, as pecans aren't really my favorite. I also think I might add more apple next time.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    10/1/14-a caramel apple. With nuts...and some choc chip cookies.
    10/2/14-Three Pumpkin Spice Creme Oreos and some Talenti (a blend of Caramel Apple Pie & sea salt caramel).
    10/3/14-a caramel apple. With nuts...and some choc chip cookies.
    10/4/14- Four Pumpkin Spice Creme Oreos.
    10/5/14-pumpkin spice oreos again.
    10/6/14-Talenti Pumpkin Pie Gelato and a few pumpkin spice oreos.

So we've heard from Jen that it is marvelous -- what say you, Marvybells? Pumpkin pie is one of the desserts I enjoy so very curious about this gelato!

sorry, it took me a while to figure out how to find the thread....

well i have to say that i prefer the caramel apple pie flavor (which is perhaps my favorite non-chocolate flavor) but the pumpkin pie is good. i'm definitely glad i picked some up. and i'm not even sorry that it wasn't on sale. :)
  • lncgurley
    lncgurley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ya'll put me to shame, I am excited to put my creative juices in gear...so far just a cupcake a day from Kroger, and I did have one pumpkin cookie from Starbucks. Thank you for bringing back the fun in eating, while still reaching goal...LOVE IT! Now...what to create???
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day One: Pumpkin Spice Coffee mate Creamer
    Day Two: Pumpkin spice and toasted almond gelato
    Day Three: Reese's Miniatures
    Day Four: Pioneer Woman Halloween Bark
    Day Five: Dairy Queen Oreo Ice Cream Cake and more Halloween Bark
    Day Six: Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake I also had a piece of pumpkin bread from the same bakery.
    Day Seven: Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake, Pumpkin Spice Creamer in my coffee

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Finished pumpkin pie ice cream, came out very good I think I might have added a little too much pie crust but flavor is good
    ssxnrkyvy3nu.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Options
    jwhited71 wrote: »
    Finished pumpkin pie ice cream, came out very good I think I might have added a little too much pie crust but flavor is good
    ssxnrkyvy3nu.jpg

Uhhmmmm . . . . so if I can't find any Talenti (or I just deny finding any), I guess you can ship some my way in dry ice, yes? Looks fantastic!

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Yes I can ship you some or teach you how to make it :)
  • Cortelli
    Options

So we've heard from Jen that it is marvelous -- what say you, Marvybells? Pumpkin pie is one of the desserts I enjoy so very curious about this gelato!

well i have to say that i prefer the caramel apple pie flavor (which is perhaps my favorite non-chocolate flavor) but the pumpkin pie is good. i'm definitely glad i picked some up. and i'm not even sorry that it wasn't on sale. :)

Thanks!

I tried the caramel apple pie flavor the other night and really liked it! There were a few spots with a concentration of cinnamon sufficient to make my mouth feel like I was eating pop rocks, but all in all I didn't find it too sweet and enjoyed the flavor!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    YUM that ice cream looks delish.

I improvised some pumpkin snack for today... just 1/3 cup of part skim ricotta with pumpkin pie spice, a tablespoon of pumpkin and some stevia. Turned out pretty delicious for how easy it was, and only 150 calories with 10g of protein. Will make again. Maybe for breakfast tomorrow... maybe between two slices of French toast made with the Pepperidge Farm pumpkin spice swirl bread...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Guess I'll have to give the caramel apple pie another try.
  • marvybells
    Options
    10/1/14-a caramel apple. With nuts...and some choc chip cookies.
    10/2/14-Three Pumpkin Spice Creme Oreos and some Talenti (a blend of Caramel Apple Pie & sea salt caramel).
    10/3/14-a caramel apple. With nuts...and some choc chip cookies.
    10/4/14- Four Pumpkin Spice Creme Oreos.
    10/5/14-pumpkin spice oreos again.
    10/6/14-Talenti Pumpkin Pie Gelato and a few pumpkin spice oreos.
    10/7/14-A serving of Talenti Caramel Apple Pie Gelato
    10/8/14- A slice of apple pie with a some Haagen Daz Vanilla Bean ice cream. also made some baked apple slices drizzled with agave & sprinkled with cinnamon.
  • marvybells
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Thanks!

I tried the caramel apple pie flavor the other night and really liked it! There were a few spots with a concentration of cinnamon sufficient to make my mouth feel like I was eating pop rocks, but all in all I didn't find it too sweet and enjoyed the flavor!

pop rocks? really? i never experienced that and have bought several pints of it. I like a lot of cinnamon though. i guess it comes down to personal preference.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I have this bookmarked (starred) but when I go to the bookmarks it isn't showing up. Anyone know an easier way to get to this thread and other group threads short of going to the Groups page, finding our group, and then looking through the discussions?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    No such thing as too much pie crust.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I have this bookmarked (starred) but when I go to the bookmarks it isn't showing up. Anyone know an easier way to get to this thread and other group threads short of going to the Groups page, finding our group, and then looking through the discussions?

No. I hope they get the group bookmarks fixed soon.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I found a workaround and that's to "Search" and then put your username under "Author". Not exactly easy, but at least I can find my topics I replied to.

BUT, it doesn't show by recently replied to or anything like that.... just the topics you've replied to.

EDIT: I also just came across http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/ click on Replies and that gives you a list too. I haven't tested it to see if it updates with new posts though... and I suspect it probably won't.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Candy Corn
    Day 2: Fall colored M&Ms
    Day 3: Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses
    Day 4: Fresh made Bierwagen's apple fritters with cider cinnamon glaze, washed down with the cider that's only available during October. One of the fall flavors I look forward to the most every year!
    Day 5: Entenmann's (sp?) classic cake style pumpkin doughnut. Also, butternut squash risotto made with turkey stock I had in the freezer from last year. Didn't use the right kind of rice (just used what was on hand) and it was my first attempt, but I'm in love; it was delicious.
    Day 6: 1/2 each pumpkin chocolate chip and cranberry orange muffins. $6 for a dozen @ Safeway/Vons. They have fantastic seasonal baked goods there for really cheap. Apple turnovers, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, spice cookies and muffins...yum.
    Day 7: Repeat days 5 and 6
    Day 8: Repeat day 7 and add in cider from day 4

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Hey now, where do you find the color codes? I cheated with the copy/paste this time. :)