Do you have a running goal??

Options

Replies

• bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am half way there, I am at 50,000 steps, need 10,000 more. B)
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    vogonite wrote: »
    I want reduce my 5km time to below 30 minutes and I would like to run a Half-Marathon this year still. I am at 32m for the 5km - and up to 8km a run on my half training - so I am hoping to be 'up to speed' by 13 October when my half is targetted for.

Happy to report that this past week included a 10.2km run!

I want to keep Saturday's for the 5km park run - and hope to do the 'long runs' on Tuesdays (as I did this week.) Target long run next week is 11.5-12km.

• tanyajensen75
    tanyajensen75 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I still can't "run" yet. I walk briskly for at least 3 Miles a day and run as much as I can! My goal is to be able to run my first 5k this year!
  • CurvesCreations22
    CurvesCreations22 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    My goal is 30 miles. I started yesterday and have 27 miles left till the end of the month. We got this.
  • jsgosa
    jsgosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie! My current goal is to run 10 miles a week. Slowly working on averaging a 10 min. mile on a 3 mile run (5K). Right now I'm averaging about 11.28-11.5 per mile. So far I've only ran 7 miles this month. Had to sit out last week because of blisters on my right toe (ouch!!!).
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've been a runner for less than 3 months. My first thought was that my main goal is to finish the Monster Dash HM on Halloween, but that's really not it...

I had to think about it a bit, but I think I've figured it out. My goal is to run until I'm dead. Not continuously until then, obviously, but be able to run nearly every day for the rest of my life. The races and PR's between now and then will be fun and exciting, no doubt, but really, I just want to keep doing this as long as possible.

At a recent 10K I ran, there was an 89 year old man (a World War II vet) who finished. He was quite an inspiration. To be able to run a 10K at the age of 89, to me, would be a much greater accomplishment than finishing a HM this fall at the age of 48, or a full the next year.

Yep, I want be tying up my Glycerin 54's when I'm 89, getting ready for another race, whatever the distance may be, at what ever pace it may be.

ETA: It appears I had already answered the question earlier. My latest response supersedes my earlier one.

• bellesb169
    bellesb169 Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    1. Run the Navy 5miler on 9/20/15 in under 00:59:59.
    2. Run the Army 10miler on 10/11/15 in under 02:00:00. (1st 10 miler)
    3. Run the Miami half marathon on 1/24/16 in under 02:35:00. (1st half marathon)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have yet to figure out how to replace my weight ticker with a running ticker, step by step would be helpfull.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    MindyG150 wrote: »
    I have yet to figure out how to replace my weight ticker with a running ticker, step by step would be helpfull.

@MindyG150 MFP won't do that. You have to keep your weight ticker. You can however manually post your running ticker into any of your forum posts.

• aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't have a particular race picked out yet, but I've put it into my head that I want to run a 5k race at least once in my life. I don't want to win, just to survive and not come in last. I'm not anywhere near being able to run an untimed 5k yet, so I'd better get some more practice ;)
  • Nettiejb
    Nettiejb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goal is to run my first half marathon in September :-)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    MindyG150 wrote: »

@MindyG150 MFP won't do that. You have to keep your weight ticker. You can however manually post your running ticker into any of your forum posts.
    @Stosshew71...Thank You! I have spent far too much time on it and now I can just give up :) LOL
    Now onto running! Mindy from Oregon
  • Jennifer8348683
    Jennifer8348683 Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My goal is to run a half marathon September 27th. :smiley: I completed the Tely10 in July with my best time yet so I want to try something harder.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My goal is to run 5k race, "Zoo Run Run", on 9/27. I ran it with what was amazing time for me three years ago--first time 5k was 24:29. It's not gonna happen this time. I'd like it to be under 30 minutes though.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @Jennifer8348683 @snha how did your races turn out on Sunday?
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My goal for October is to run 150 miles throughout the month.
  • carleeyuill
    carleeyuill Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My big goal is a half marathon, my October goal is 75kms, October will be my first month training in a long, long while, wish me luck!
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Running goals -

Race 5K's (1per mth) Oct - Dec
    Race 10K's (1per mth) Jan-Mar
    Train for my 1st half June
    Throw in a few 5K and/or 10K races while training.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Happy to see i am not the only beginning runner here! I do consider myself a runner even though I do mostly run/walks.

So running goal: Being able to run 10K at all.

Right now I am mostly walking with around 5k 3 times a week on hills (lots of killer hills where I live), I'll usually do run (where it's flat)/walk(uphill). Stationary bike as cross-training 2 to 3 times a week + just started strength training. I am already able to run for 40 mins but I don't check the distance. I'll soon switch to mostly running and build up from there to 10K

• JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I always try to set short - medium and long term goals.
    Short - 40 miles a week. 2 marathons in November.
    Medium - 10 marathons a year.
    Long Term- Qualify for Boston.