Do you have a running goal??

Options

Replies

• KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Did my first half marathon in 2hrs 7.34 last month. Goals going forward are to do the same 1/2 next year but sub 2hrs and also to run a full marathon. London 2016... I'm coming for you!!
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I started to do C25K 3 weeks ago and when I've finished that I want to do C210K. My goal is to be able to do a 5k in 30mins.
  • heathergetshealthier
    heathergetshealthier Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Being able to run a 5K. Basic goal, but I'll be proud to meet. I'm never going to be able to be a heavy runner due to some health issues, but I think I can shoot for 5K if I am careful.
  • rlaymon2127
    rlaymon2127 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've just gotten started so my goal would be to run a 5k under 50 mins.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I set a Fall 2015 goal of either doing 2 HM's in a weekend (Sat. and Sun.) or doing my first full marathon. Or maybe even both! We'll see. I suspect I am in for quite the challenge.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    I've started running less than 2 weeks ago.
    My immediate goal is to build up a good base. I can run 5k in 33 minutes and would like to get that to less than 30 soon.
    Second goal is to complete a 10k by the end of the summer (I have tentatively planned on one in mid July)
    Third goal is to run a half marathon in 2016.
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    First allow me to explain the benefits of slowly building up a good aerobic base and why this is important, even when your goal is to increase speed. Then I will explain the concept of how you can incorporate speedwork into your regimine without sacrificing the distance.

I'm glad I decided to go back and read the previous responses. @Stoshew71 , this is VERY helpful! I had read about many of these concepts but to me they were only fragmented bits of information. You've helped me piece the puzzle together to the point I feel I now know what I need to do at this point.

I've only been running for less than 2 weeks now and have really gotten the bug. Reading about tempo runs, fartleks, etc, made me want to start incorporating those in my running, even before I really knew what I was doing. I'm going to forget all that for now and just focus on running at a conversational pace while increasing my weekly mileage and increasing my weekly long run.

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just started running consistently and completed my first 5k. I finished in 42:18 so one of my short term goals is to complete a sub 30 5k. Next is to complete a sub 60 10k. Long term goal is to run the Marine Corps half in 2-3 years hopefully under 2 hours. I love to run but was diagnosed with RAD (reactive airway disorder ) last year and I am learning how to deal with it so progress is slower than I want but I am world's away from where I was last year.
  • Aresende90
    Aresende90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My goal this year was to run a 10k, I accomplished this yesterday in under and hour. It was just around my neighborhood, so next is to run a 10k race coming up in July. Then on to 8miles, 10miles, and Ill stop at a half I think. I also have a goal of a 5K under 27 minutes.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am going to sign up for a 10-mile race this month. I would like to finish in under 90 minutes, or a sub 9:00 pace. i set my half marathon PR at 1:53 last fall and I would like to get another PR this upcoming fall. I came close to it at a half marathon in April, but it came to 1:57:49.

Ultimately I would like to get a 1:49 half marathon. And a 3:58 marathon. The 3:58 marathon won;t happen in 2015, but I think aiming for 1:50-something HM or even sub 1:50 is a possibility for me. If I do another marathon this year my goal is in between 4:05-4:10.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Right now, I would like to make it a month without an injury! I've been so prone to injury and illness lately that I've struggled to run regularly for more than a couple of weeks since November. Ultimately, I have three half marathons in mind for this year, hoping to run sub 2:10 this year with a view to doing a sub 2:00 next year. Fingers crossed!
  • KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sub-2 hr half marathon.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey I am new to the group and have literally only been running a month.. Have been into my gym stuff and active with my job.. Okay confession time I was a smoker!! I took myself off on my 1st 5k Park run still smoking 25 a day a cigarette on the way up in my car.. And I didn't do that badly.. Apart from I couldn't breathe very well near the end.. I thought do you know what I am not that bad at this!! I didn't even know I could run!! The day after I signed up for the cancer research pretty muddy 5k.. 1st I cut down each week my parkrun time improved.. I stopped smoking 3 weeks ago my last 5k was under 25 I have my 1st 10k on Sunday morning.. I can now easily run that distance now without my breathing giving up at home training in a little under 55.. I have entered the Reading half marathon in April joined a running club.. Goal to train for that get a few more 10ks under my belt after my 1st 1 on Sunday increase distance gradually and preferably complete my 1st half marathon in April running not crawling over the line!!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    My goals were to run 5k under 30 min, 10k under 1 hour, and HM this year. My 5k was done in under 30 min in May. I also did 10k, but in 1:02, so plan to redoing it later this year. Also plan on running HM in September.... :)
  • summer21forever
    summer21forever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    my goal is to run a 1/2 marathon by the end of the year.
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    My big goal right now is to complete a half marathon on October 31st of this year. I've just got a training plan worked out and I'm ready to hit it!

Sub goals are:
    Complete my first 10K (this Saturday)
    Sub 9:00 pace in a 5K by the end of the year
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My goal is steps and miles, while walking or fast pace walk. I completed my last goal of 35,000 steps, next goal 60,000 and 5 miles.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    To run for 30 minutes nonstop. By the end of July would be ideal, but I usually have to walk at 7 right now.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I crushed my goals for the first half of 2015 (new marathon PR by 39 mins and a new HM PR by 5 mins), so my goals for the fall races are PRs across the board: 10k, 13.1 and 26.2. I really want to go sub-4 for my marathon, because I did a 4:04 in May -- so close! I also want to increase my mileage, topping out around 55-60 mpw. That's my big summer goal before real marathon training starts in September.
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I want reduce my 5km time to below 30 minutes and I would like to run a Half-Marathon this year still. I am at 32m for the 5km - and up to 8km a run on my half training - so I am hoping to be 'up to speed' by 13 October when my half is targetted for.