Do you have a running goal??

Options
1235»

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    5 km Minimum Run distance
    140 km per month. More when ramping up Km's for 10k or HM races.
    Feb 7, 2015 Chilly Willy HM.
    Feb 21, 2015 Hypothermic HM.
    Long Term HM's Iceland, Scotland and Norway.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    my goal is to run a whole half marathon-long run
    short run-completely run my 8k in under an hour because i'm slow
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'd love to complete 10k well under an hour with minutes to spare. And I'd love to be able to say "Half marathon? Sign me up" and mean it.
  • jenrunsinTX
    jenrunsinTX Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Current goal is to BQ in Houston this coming January.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Current goal is to BQ in Houston this coming January.

Good luck! I am hoping to BQ in a few weeks at Rocket City (Huntsville, AL).
  • sirsuggs
    sirsuggs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to run a sub 19-minute 5k and qualify for the Boston Marathon.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My goals are to run a 5K per month thru 2015, transition to 10K per month 2016 working my way to my first half marathon in June 2016. My one year anniversary after bone marrow transplant.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    dharwood68 wrote: »
    My goals are to run a 5K per month thru 2015, transition to 10K per month 2016 working my way to my first half marathon in June 2016. My one year anniversary after bone marrow transplant.

Good luck! That's a great goal....
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I have done 6 5K's in 2015 but I have yet to run an entire 5K. I am signing up for a running clinic - starting February 2016, so let's hope this pseudo winter continues on into 2016 for us in SW Ontario - with the goal to run an entire 5K without any walk breaks, and progress into the 10K running clinic for summer 2016. Some big goals I know, but I need to push myself otherwise I really will give up.

That's what I love about running - there's always a way to better yourself and another goal to reach for. It's a long way to a place where you can't progress any further . . . if you ever even get there at all. Great goals everyone! I love reading these and knowing there's runners who are at a much more elite level than I am, and that there are those out there on the same level as me. I love the running community and how we are all so welcoming . . . all the time.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I've achieved most of my 2015 running goals; the one that's still pending is to make it through the year without injury, as defined by being able to run at least 20 minutes, at least 3 times per week. I expect to achieve this.

2015 was wildly successful for me. My top goal was to remain uninjured. My next goal at the beginning of 2015 was to run the Four Seasons Challenge, a local series of 4 half marathons in January, April, July, and September, while building a base toward an eventual full marathon, probably Rochester in September 2016. I did run those 4 halfs, plus another one on November 1; but my pace group kind of shoved me into doing the Buffalo Marathon in May 2015 and now I think of myself as a marathon runner. In that November 1 half I achieved a goal that I hadn't formally stated in advance, to run a half marathon under 1:30. It was net downhill, and I won't be surprised if that PR stands for quite a while, possibly the rest of my life.

Goals for 2016 are still somewhat in flux. The top 2 are pretty solid, but priorities below that are subject to change:

1. Remain uninjured, as measured by the ability to run at least 20 minutes, at least 3 times per week.
    2. Run the Boston Marathon on April 18, 2016. Stretch target is 3:15, but I'd be content matching my Buffalo time of 3:21.
    3. Run the 2016 Four Seasons Challenge with the new 3+1 option (3 half marathons in January, April, and July plus the full Rochester Marathon in September.) Be content with running Flower City slow in April, as I expect to have post-Boston legs at that point.
    4. Be competitive in my new age group (60-64) in the Rochester Runner of the Year series.
    5. Compete for the Genesee Valley Harriers in some USATF Niagara Region championships and national championships, races TBD. (There will be some people upset with me if I don't do this one. I may be under pressure to do more traveling than I really want to. Club Nationals in December may be a scheduling challenge.)
    6. Learn to run Cross Country (related to #5).
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I've got quite a few running goals for 2016, hoping to continue the upward trajectory that I kicked off this August/September. This fall I PR'd by about 2:20 in the 5k, several minutes in the 10k, 9.5 minutes in the HM (1:53:40 to 1:43:10), but then a mere 2 minutes in the marathon due to a hamstring strain. My main goal for the spring is #4, which would be redemption from my injured fall marathon.

1. Run a sub-22 minute/sub-7 minute pace 5k in the spring
    2. PR in a 10k, preferably in an official 10k but not necessary (my current 10k PR is from a half marathon)
    3. Run a sub-1:40 HM in the spring (pre-May or in June)
    4. BQ at New Jersey Marathon on May 1 (3:30 or better, to get into the 2017 race realistically)

Most of these are spring goals. I expect big things from my spring training cycle, and I'll come up with new goals for the fall depending on how these are met or not.
  • psalm23strong
    psalm23strong Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal for the first half of 2016 is to run consistently at least 2-3 times a week. I've taken about a year off from running regularly and am ready to get back into it gradually! My goal for the 2nd half of 2016 is to complete a long obstacle race and be running at least 3-4 times a week.
  • kevin_bvbfan
    kevin_bvbfan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm new to running and am currently recovering from an injury. That being said, once I'm off and running again I want to run a 5k, 10k, and log at least 200 miles for the year