Crock pot Recipes

Options

Replies

• ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Here's a great site for any kind of low calorie recipes: http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    thanks for this thread!
  • cbrewer904
    Options
    BUMP
  • strela32
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! I love MFP and I will make that chicken with taco seasoning in the crockpot!
  • Mickey3923
    Mickey3923 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mickey3923
    Options
    bump
  • Mickey3923
    Options
    bump
  • raedlewis
    raedlewis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for more crock pot ideas! Yay!
  • goal2belean
    Options
    :happy: I'm making this tomorrow! It sounds very healthy and Yummy too! Thanks.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Cream Cheese Chicken Chili - this was easy and I loved it, it was even better the next day
    http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-cream-cheese-chicken-chili.html

Changes to original: I used only 1/2 of the cream cheese (added at the end), I only used 2tsp of the the ranch mix, I cut down on the cumin and chili powder slightly (since I knew cutting down on the cream cheese would make the spices more potent, go for it all if you like it spicy)

What I would change next time: I love everything about this recipe except the sodium. I'm definitely going to look for low sodium beans and rotel (or cook my own beans). I will probably use frozen corn and a little extra water, since I always have frozen vegetables on hand. I also used frozen chicken breast, which has a much higher sodium content, so fresh would be a better option.

6 servings
    calories 215
    fat 6
    carbs 26
    sodium 960
    sat fat 3
    fiber 5
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Honey Chicken - another easy recipe that even pleased my picky eaters
    http://ctworkingmoms.com/2012/02/02/tasty-thursday-crock-pot-honey-chicken/

Changes to original: I used about 1/2 of the sauce while cooking the chicken, when it was done, I poured off the liquid in the crock pot and added the rest of the sauce. That way I didn't have all of the fat, and watered down sauce, and I still had enough sauce for serving.

What I would change next time: not necessarily a change, but I use chicken thighs (personal preference). Next time I am going to try split chicken breast ( think bone in would work much better for this recipe than boneless skinless).
  • tradingfoods
    tradingfoods Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mexican crock pot chicken

Ingredients
    2-3 chicken breasts
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans
    1 can mexican chili beans
    (Do not drain tomatoes or beans)
    1 Package Taco Seasoning
    1 can black olives
    1 can chopped green chiles

Directions
    Layer chicken in bottom of crock pot. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order written. Do not stir. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Take out chicken and shred. Return chicken to crock pot and stir well. Serve with tortilla chips or on a flour tortilla. Serve with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese if desired. Extra ingredients are not included in nutritional facts.

Number of Servings: 6

Nutrition Info
    Calories: 220.5 this sounds great i have some cooking in the crock pot right now thanks
    Fat: 5.0g
    Carbohydrates: 29.4g
    Protein: 13.0g
  • texastumbleweed1
    Options
    BUMP
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We do the Crockpot Mexican chicken with

chicken tenders
    1 jar salsa - we like Frontier brand
    1 can low salt black beans, drained

cook in crockpot on high, after about 2 hours remove the chicken and shred with forks, return and continue cooking so the chicken soaks up all those flavors.

I usually eat it on a flour tortilla, my daughter and SIL make nachos out of if.

Top as you like and as you have the calories/carbs/fats.

Yummy
  • bozkitty
    bozkitty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i do this just with salsa, seasoning, and chicken and it is still delicious! the soup isn't necessary.
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many calories are in each serving and how much is a serving? for example: 4oz = 160 calories...
  • mommamorris
    Options
    Do you know how many calories are in each serving and how much is a serving? for example: 4oz = 160 calories...
  • mommamorris
    Options
    I dont know how to remove that post. i was trying to ask how many calories were in each serving of that sticky chicken recipe... sorry. i am still very new to this website. sorry again for the inconvenience...
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    do you have the nutritional info on this I am making this right now
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    do you have the nutritional info?? making this right now
    SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
    4- Boneless,skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Cup of Salsa
    1 Package Taco Seasoning reduced sodium
    1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup - reduced fat
    1/2 Cup - Sour Crean- Fat free

DIRECTIONS:
    Add chicken to slow cooker - Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken - Pour Salsa and Soup over chicken
    Cook on low for 8 hrs - or High for 4 hrs
    Once cooked remove from heat and stir in sour cream

Serves 6-8 people depending on the size of the chicken breasts