Crock pot Recipes

Options

Replies

• natnurse2012
    Options
    stupid question but what does bump mean?
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    Beef and Cabbage Soup

1 lb ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
    6 C beef broth
    1 (15 oz) diced tomatos
    4 C chopped cabbage
    1 lg onion, diced
    4 stalks celery, finely chopped
    1 1/2 t paprika
    1 t garlic, minced
    3/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 t salt

Cook beef, onion and celery in skillet. Drain. Put all ingredients in slow cooker and cook.

10 cups: Nutrition per cup
    Calories 107 Protein: 11 Carbs: 7 Fat: 4 Fiber: 2 Sodium: 429

I used 6 cups of water and 3 bouillion cubes in place of stock. That is the sodium count here. I don't know what the count would be if you used stock.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Got this in an e-mail this morning...haven't tried it yet. It looked yummy so I thought I would share it.

Crock-Pot Roast Sticky Chicken

• 4 tsp salt
    • 2 tsp paprika
    • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
    • 1 tsp onion powder
    • 1 tsp thyme
    • 1 tsp white pepper
    • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
    • 1/2 tsp black pepper
    • 1 large roasting chicken
    • 1 cup chopped onion
    In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from the chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate overnight. (Don’t worry if you forget to do this the night before, I forget all the time and it still turns out fine.)
    When ready to cook chicken, put the onions into the cavity, put the bird into the crock-pot, and do not add any liquid. As the cooking process goes on it will produce it’s own juices. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone!
    [/quote

This ^^^^^^^
    Thanks to everyone who are posting recipes and to the OP for starting thread
  • plunky58
    plunky58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
    4- Boneless,skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Cup of Salsa
    1 Package Taco Seasoning reduced sodium
    1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup - reduced fat
    1/2 Cup - Sour Crean- Fat free

DIRECTIONS:
    Add chicken to slow cooker - Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken - Pour Salsa and Soup over chicken
    Cook on low for 8 hrs - or High for 4 hrs
    Once cooked remove from heat and stir in sour cream

Serves 6-8 people depending on the size of the chicken breasts
    That is a good one I've forgotten about! Very easy and yummy!

This sounds WONDERFUL! However I am highly allergic to mushrooms? any idea for a replacement?
  • dajero1
    dajero1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lisa1Dunne
    Options
    Can you put the recipes you like or want to try in a folder or somewhere on this sit so you can go right to them ?
  • carolyn002
    carolyn002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great recipes............I can almost smell them cooking now!:drinker:
  • pbhenshaw
    pbhenshaw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    That time of year when you want a little comfort food..Bump for recipes.Thanks for sharing.
  • ashley7979
    Options
    I have a huge collection of crock pot recipes. If you want them, just inbox me your email address. :)
  • ashley7979
    Options
    This is one of my favorites:

Taco Soup in the slow cooker (AKA: Crockpot)

I do this one in the slow cooker - you can make it vegetarian - just omit the meat, I've made it both ways.

Brown 1 pound of ground turkey, drain off fat, dump into slow cooker.
    Add:
    1 can of corn (drained)
    1 can of Creamed Corn
    1 can of Rotel
    1 can of stewed tomatoes
    2 cans of beans (your choice- sometimes I do red kidney chili beans, sometimes white beans, sometimes I get the S & W beans with chipotle seasoning on them)
    1 packet of Taco Seasoning
    2 soup cans (from the corn or beans) of water

Mix well, and cook on low all day - your kitchen will smell AWESOME!!!
    I serve with sour cream, Juanita's chips, shredded cheese, and taco toppings (fresh tomatoes, onions, etc).
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
    4- Boneless,skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Cup of Salsa
    1 Package Taco Seasoning reduced sodium
    1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup - reduced fat
    1/2 Cup - Sour Crean- Fat free

DIRECTIONS:
    Add chicken to slow cooker - Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken - Pour Salsa and Soup over chicken
    Cook on low for 8 hrs - or High for 4 hrs
    Once cooked remove from heat and stir in sour cream

Serves 6-8 people depending on the size of the chicken breasts

Definitely going to try this one. Thanks!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Roasted chicken in a slow cooker

1 chicken, rinsed and patted dry
    seasoning- use whatever you like - I usually use lemon pepper and garlic salt, and sometimes get more creative. Today I used a little pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, and paprika.
    season your chicken- in the cavity, and on the outside, place in the slow cooker breast side up
    I usually drizzle a little EVOO on the chicken, and maybe give a brief rub
    1/2 cup of white wine

(on the liquid side- I tried the recipe with 1 cup of water, then changed it to 1/2 c of white wine, 1/2 cup of water, then just went a heaping 1/2 cup of white wine, and add water if I need to).

Cook in slow cooker on high for 1 hour, then on low 6-8 hours, until chicken is done- this will depend on how big the bird is, and your slow cooker.

***I started a thread in October - it has a TON of Slow Cooker recipes on there- it rolled over twice, so you might have to find #3, but def take a look at the recipes in the first 2 sets, they're awesome!

here's a link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/758287-crocktober-break-out-your-crock-pot-recipes-for-october
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • caxt03
    caxt03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :happy: looks good
  • ruth750
    Options
    Recipes worth trying! Thanks for posting all!
  • rebound1
    Options
    What is 'Bump'? Im very new.
  • RavishingRubbies
    Options
    *1pound chicken,thighs,skinless,boneless,cut into 1-inch pieces *1tbsp.cooking oil *2medium carrots,cut into thin bite-size sticks *3cans less sodium chicken broth,14 ounces each *1cup water *2tbsp rice vinegar *21/2tsp fresh ginger *1/4tsp ground black pepper *2ounces dried rice noodles *6ounces pea pods,frozen,thawed&sliced diagonally *1tbsp soy sauce less-sodium