Introductions

Options

Replies

• acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Im from the Boston area and last Saturday I ran my first 5k race and on Thanksgiving Im running a 5 mile race
  • michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Where in Vermont are the 4 (so far) Vermonters? I'm in the Middlebury area. :)
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Hii Everyone!!

Names Colleen born and raised in NY.... not upstate... Long Island NY. lol Looking forward to meeting new friends that are in the surrounding areas... im new to the whole MFP.... so any help or pointers is much appreciated. =)

:heart: Coll
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Morgan in Maryland :flowerforyou:
  • LindsayInNYC
    Options
    I'm Lindsay! Currently live/work in the NYC area but originally from Southern NH. Went to college in CT, law school in Boston... I've gotten around the Northeast ;)

Feel free to add me!!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm Yvonne, but you can call me Von. I live on the South Shore in Mass.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options

Burlington area!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Dawn & I live in southern NJ.
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am Lori and from Western MA
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Burlington area!

My cousin lives in Burlington. We drive up to visit once a year. Such a great area! Love swimming in Lake Champlain.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Kat from Buffalo, NY. I am a distance runner but also love to dance and strength train :-)
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Keith and I live in western MA. Just ran my first 5k a few weeks ago and have another this weekend. I'm also registered to run the Manchester CT thanksgiving race.
  • nerak3401
    nerak3401 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Karen and I'm from Sellersville, PA.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My name is Beth and I currently live in New York (originally from Virginia). I am only 8 miles over the border from PA. Still have a lot of weigh to lose but always looking for fun events to fill up my weekends. Especially ones I can involve my son in.
  • Moronar
    Moronar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Scott from a town just south of Boston.
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'm Doreen, and I'm from Manchester, Connecticut (about ten minutes from Hartford).
    Good luck to you all with your fitness and weight loss goals!
    :bigsmile:

Is anyone running in the Manchester "Turkey Day" Road Race this year?
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 24 years old and since I was a kid, I was bullied for my weight. I was called "Miss Piggy" when I was in middle school and it pretty much ruined my life. Years later, here I am. I have bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, panic attacks and of course, I'm fat. The highest I've ever been was when I was 18 years old. I was at 185 lbs. Right now I'm down to 156.8 lbs and working towards a goal of 130. This is not only for me to feel better about myself, but for me to love myself. I have very low self esteem and want nothing more than to be happy about what I see when I look at myself in the mirror. I live in Pennsylvania [recently moved here from New York] and am just working to get to that "new me". Feel free to add if you'd like. Take care.

XOXO
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Mallory. I currently live near Plymouth. I've been fighting being overweight for pretty much as long as I can remember. Now is the time I start to win the fight though. :)

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi Northeast MFP people! I'm Jenna, I live in the central CT area and I don't run... unless I'm being chased.

I love the Northeast but have been suffering from "I Hate Winter" for several years. This year I vow to try to change that. I now have a remote starter in my car (yay!) and I plan to buy proper warm/dry outerwear. Outdoor winter activities can be fun if one is properly dressed... I hate being cold. I am considering cross-country skiing if it's not too expensive and I want to try snow tubing. :)
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rob from New York!!!!