Introduce yourself

Options
Hi i am Bridget Uribe and i am 23 years old. Born and raised here in Indiana. I have one son who is one his name is Arjen and i have a baby on the way. I am trying to start a new, better, healthier life. What about you guys

Replies

• L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Lisa. I'm born and raised in Northwest Indiana. I've started MFP in Aug. Although I signed up last year. So far I've lost 17 pounds and need about 7-12 more to reach my ultimate goal!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    alright Lisa! reppin the region?!

I'm Nicole, I'm 24, i'm a region rat from the HMD! =)
  • bribabyu
    Options
    nice to meet you both and i am glad u guys will be sharing your journey with us keep up the good work :)
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    That's right killer! Region rat all the way! I'm from Merrillville.
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    nice to meet you both and i am glad u guys will be sharing your journey with us keep up the good work :)

Nice to meet you too. Good to find fellow Hoosiers!
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Bill and I live in Indianapolis, originally from the east coast :)
  • bribabyu
    Options

Nice to meet you too. Good to find fellow Hoosiers!

you've got that right lol.
  • bribabyu
    Options
    Hello, I'm Bill and I live in Indianapolis, originally from the east coast :)

its awesome to live here. not to big or to small and well we have awesome stuff here welcome
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was born and raised in Indiana, now I Live south west of Indianapolis in a tiny little town on a farm with my husband.
  • JennyLJones
    JennyLJones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jenny! I was raised in northern Indiana and now live in Southern Indiana where I was born. I am a wife and mother of 2 biological kids and 3 step kids ranging in age from 10-24. I work full time and have currently taken a part time job through Christmas so i stay pretty busy but still manage to get my workouts in. I've completed on round of P90x and have progressed half way through another. I've lost 22 lbs in the last year and went from a size 14 pants to a size 2. I still have some belly fat to burn and then would like to maintain my weight and build up some nice muscles. I also love Zumba and boxing. I've recently this summer learned I can run for about 30 min at a time so increasing time and distance is also a challenge I'd like to take.
    I'm happy to find some friends close to home to share my journey with me! :wink: :wink:
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm originally from Michigan, but I now live in Winona Lake (near Warsaw) with my husband (also on MFP) and I love being a Hoosier. :) I've been on MFP since July and it's literally changed my life. I've taken up running lately as my newest adventure--just finished C25K and now I'm hoping to keep improve my speed and distance. Nice to meet you all!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    holly cow! This is so cool! My name is Jenn. Born in Schererville, but live in a small town called North Judson. I have twin girls (13) and a 9 year old girl as well. I just figured out the groups, and this is so cool!!! I have been here since April, lost 31 pounds, and have been really bad this week. For some reason when I get a good workout, I am so hungry and can't stop eating! UH. Well, I look forward to getting to know all my Indiana friends!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Kim. I live in the Geist/Fishers area of just northeast of Indianapolis.
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    Hey guys :-)

I'm originally from the Detroit area, but have been in Indiana for 2 1/2 years :-) I currently live in Greenwood.

I've been on mfp for over a year :-)
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah. Raised here in Kokomo, moved to Indianapolis for about four years now back here in Kokomo with my husband and our two year old son. Done almost all of Jillian Michael's dvds, some couch to 5K, and now starting Jamie Eason's livefit trainer. Been hard to find time now that I'm back to work! But I love mfp!
  • bribabyu
    Options
    Hi,
    I was born and raised in Indiana, now I Live south west of Indianapolis in a tiny little town on a farm with my husband.

awesome awesome i bet it is so peaceful there huh. ive always been affraid of farm houses. i think its the horror movie thing lol :( i am from lafayette
  • bribabyu
    Options
    holly cow! This is so cool! My name is Jenn. Born in Schererville, but live in a small town called North Judson. I have twin girls (13) and a 9 year old girl as well. I just figured out the groups, and this is so cool!!! I have been here since April, lost 31 pounds, and have been really bad this week. For some reason when I get a good workout, I am so hungry and can't stop eating! UH. Well, I look forward to getting to know all my Indiana friends!

yea i know just what you mean being pregnant and then working out i am always starving lol. i try to eat healthy filling snacks eat some fruit or veggies. instead of having ur normal 3 course meals have about 6 small portioned healthy meals good luck to you girl
  • bribabyu
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jenny! I was raised in northern Indiana and now live in Southern Indiana where I was born. I am a wife and mother of 2 biological kids and 3 step kids ranging in age from 10-24. I work full time and have currently taken a part time job through Christmas so i stay pretty busy but still manage to get my workouts in. I've completed on round of P90x and have progressed half way through another. I've lost 22 lbs in the last year and went from a size 14 pants to a size 2. I still have some belly fat to burn and then would like to maintain my weight and build up some nice muscles. I also love Zumba and boxing. I've recently this summer learned I can run for about 30 min at a time so increasing time and distance is also a challenge I'd like to take.
    I'm happy to find some friends close to home to share my journey with me! :wink: :wink:

yea i know what you mean about the running i suck at it lol. but when i was in the army my DS told me that raising my knees and widening my strides would help me not only to run better and longer but to also burn more fat and gain muscle. i believe him cuz he was built like a break house lol i love Zumba that is my favorite <3
  • bribabyu
    Options
    Hello! I'm originally from Michigan, but I now live in Winona Lake (near Warsaw) with my husband (also on MFP) and I love being a Hoosier. :) I've been on MFP since July and it's literally changed my life. I've taken up running lately as my newest adventure--just finished C25K and now I'm hoping to keep improve my speed and distance. Nice to meet you all!

The best advice i have ever received about becoming better in my running is raising my knees a little higher and widening my strides. That was by my drill sgt when i was in basic training. when i first went in i ran my first 2 mile in about 24 mins at the end i ran it in 18:24 so it helps. i went down in mins in 6 weeks. i loved the work out there :)
  • bribabyu
    Options
    HI! I'm Kim. I live in the Geist/Fishers area of just northeast of Indianapolis.

nice to meet you girly :)