Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello!! nice to meet all of the new Hoosiers on this Group :)
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    HI I'm Mary Beth from the West side of Indianapolis. I moved here about a year ago from Wisconsin. Looking forward to the support from my fellow Hoosiers or Indianians as I like to say.

Go Packers! :happy:
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello Hoosiers!! I am Marchelle and I am from Kokomo, born and raised. I started MFP the end of April, I love this site and have been faithful to my weight loss commitment. I have lost 62 pounds and would like to lose 40 to 50 more. I have three teen daughters and a boyfriend of 7 years. I also have three chihuahuas :heart:
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm another region rat! I have lost 25 pounds on weightwatchers online. I still have 20 to go, but got tired of paying for results. Hopefully we can get through this journey together. I have 3 children and I don't want them to go through the weight struggles I have gone through.
  • xcmom
    xcmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Chris!
    I live in the Northern part of the state in the tiny town of Millersburg which is east of S.Bend and north of Ft.Wayne. I have lost my last 15 pounds here in the last few months, I have lost a total of 74 pounds since I started this in journey January of 2009. I'm currently maintaining & working on toning but thinking I might want to lose a few more pounds. I have 2 teenagers who keep my husband & I very busy with all their activities. All 4 of us are runners & I'm trying to decide which marathon I want to run next year, I have ran a few 5k's & 2 half-marathons.
    Looking forward to getting to know some more Hoosiers!!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Hoosiers!

I'm originally from Illinois, went to Ball State and now I teach northeast of Indianapolis. I've lost a total of 57 pounds, 37 of those with MFP. I've done it through Zumba, KettleWorx and currently TurboFire. I also had to learn to eat enough food. I learned through logging on MFP that I wasn't eating enough - very eye opening.

I'm married to a National Guardsman who is also an Iraq War veteran and we have a 9 y/o daughter.

I'm happy to be a part of this group!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Born and raised in Fort wayne here! I'm 22 with three kids and two step kids , last year i lost 50 + pounds but I still have a 20-30 to lose. Love the new groups!
  • jenniferpenguin
    jenniferpenguin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am Jennifer...30 year old mother of 2 boys. I live south of Indy. I am a college instructor and am also working on my doctorate degree.

I have lost the weight twice on my own...120 lbs the first time using a nutritionist....had a DVT and PE and started to regain. Second time I lost 130 lbs on weight watchers...then I had more discs go out in my back. I have 10 herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, and severe fibromyalgia. In August I had the lapband surgery to help me finally take the weight off and keep it off. So far, so good! It is still a lot of work and tracking and making good choices etc. I have lost 50 lbs in the past 3 months. I use MFP to track. Just checking out the groups!

Jenn
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Scott from South Bend here.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone...my name is Susan, and I currently live in Danville (IN). I am originally from Upstate New York, but moved to Crawfordsville 16 years ago. I've been living in Danville for a little over two years now.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Adrian, 33, living in Indy. Originally from the Valparaiso area. Married, 2 kids (3 an 1), and losing weight.
  • jheath123
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Jason or Jay whatever you prefer to recognize me as. I live in NW Indiana about 40 minutes of so from Chicago. I don't have any children (that I know of), I know bad joke right lol. I have a new addiction and it is working out, I like the feeling when I have completed my exercise for the day and look forward to it each day and not like it's something I just have to get out of the way like washing clothes or chores. Please feel free to add me here and if you're in NW Indiana and workout at charter fitness maybe we will run into each other.
  • Malyss381
    Options
    Hi,my name is Brekke. I've been living in Indiana my whole life and I have struggling with weight-loss for my entire life. I'm 21yrs old and I got up to 296lbs last winter. I have lost 66lbs since then and am struggling to get lower than 230. I was sitting around a couple days ago and my friend told me about this website so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm hoping to meet a lot of people to support me, as well as them, in there journey of dropping the lbs.
  • HRBush
    HRBush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I am 28 years old. I am married and have a 4 year old son. I am originally from Mishawaka, IN but moved to Carmel, IN 3 years ago and this past June we built a home in Noblesville.

I lost over 70lbs on WW last year and hit my goal weight on December 10, 2010. Over the past year I have gained about 7lbs back and have gotten off track with my running. I joined MFP to get back to my goal weight and stick with it. I have completed 1 half marathon and 3 5Ks this year. I am hoping to do 2 half marathons in 2012 so I need to get back into the training.
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Michelle and I am from NorthWest Indiana. Hoping to drop 25 more pounds!
    Nice to meet everyone!
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    My name is Mario, I recently moved from Indianapolis to Plainfield.
    I am 26, a bit pervy, a bit sarcastic, hella flirty, nice, really in love with food and obsessed with bacon,
    I just got engaged two days ago, I like walking and hiking Turkey Run. I am always looking for cool pals :smile:
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    HI! I'm Kim. I live in the Geist/Fishers area of just northeast of Indianapolis.

hey! i live in castleton :)

Hey! I work in Castleton :)

I work in Castleton too! :glasses:
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What do you know? I didn't even know there was such a group until today.

Anyway, I'm originally from the south side of Indy, lived away for several years while in the Navy but came back. Now I live on the west side of Indy.

I'm 40 lbs down from my starting point and just reached my first goal after 4 months. Twenty-five more to go.
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Angie- born and raised in Indianapolis. I'm 39, married with 3 kids. I started MFP about a year ago, but only recently started using the community message boards and groups. I'm about 3 pounds from my goal weight. I didn't start regularly exercising until June of this year when I bought a Groupon for Indy Boot camps. I did 2 rounds of that, then I completed P90X, and now I'm doing ChaLean Extreme.

Angie
  • Yakarobed
    Yakarobed Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debbie...

Originally from Ohio, but got married and ended up in Fort Wayne.

I'm 48, no kids (unless you count the spoiled fuzzy kid aka dog). I'm currently unemployed due to work moving to Texas in 2009. I'm sort of looking for a job and sort of not looking for a job.

I started MFP a couple weeks ago and I'm currently doing my exercises with my Wii Fit Plus, but when spring gets here going to start training for a 4 mile walk/run in the fall.

:happy: