Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• bribabyu
    Options
    Hey guys :-)

I'm originally from the Detroit area, but have been in Indiana for 2 1/2 years :-) I currently live in Greenwood.

I've been on mfp for over a year :-)

i bet this place is a lot different than Detroit huh. i have only been on for about a week almost 2 :)
  • bribabyu
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah. Raised here in Kokomo, moved to Indianapolis for about four years now back here in Kokomo with my husband and our two year old son. Done almost all of Jillian Michael's dvds, some couch to 5K, and now starting Jamie Eason's livefit trainer. Been hard to find time now that I'm back to work! But I love mfp!

thats awesome good job keep up the great work. u are an inspiration to many :)
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm Allison--I live smack in between Muncie and Marion in a small town. I work in Marion. Mom to a baby girl who will be 1 at the end of the month. This is a great group!
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hi Im Moneica :) im 29 yrs old :) i am a wife and mother of 4 kids
    2 girls and 2 boys.....
    i have lived in Indiana my whole life.... I currently life In Lafayette and have since I was 15 :)
  • juliasnewlife
    juliasnewlife Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Julia and I live in southern Indiana. Just outside of Evansville. 30 lbs down but LOTS to lose and could use some extra support.
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm Stephanie. Mom to a 3 year old and TTC another. Originally from Seymour, now I live in Noblesville, work in Carmel. Mostly I'm a runner, have done several 5Ks and two halves, currently training for a full marathon.
  • bribabyu
    Options
    I'm Allison--I live smack in between Muncie and Marion in a small town. I work in Marion. Mom to a baby girl who will be 1 at the end of the month. This is a great group!

awww congrats a the bb <3
  • bribabyu
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Julia and I live in southern Indiana. Just outside of Evansville. 30 lbs down but LOTS to lose and could use some extra support.

good job on them 30 lbs u are an inspiration to many:)
  • bribabyu
    Options
    I'm Stephanie. Mom to a 3 year old and TTC another. Originally from Seymour, now I live in Noblesville, work in Carmel. Mostly I'm a runner, have done several 5Ks and two halves, currently training for a full marathon.

Well i will certainly be praying for you during your training and follow thru of the marathon Awesome job on the 100 lbs weight loss that is truly amazing
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm Faith. i have lived in Logansport for the past (gasp) Ten years. Before that i am originally from central florida.

I have always floated around the 140-150 weight (but definately not an athletic shape, all flab here) When i was 22 i ballooned up to 185 pounds and panic set in one day. so, i spent the next year doing a low carb ( 20 a day) diet, and exercising at Curves along with rollerblading an hour after Curves. I managed to work my way down to 135.

Flash forward 5 years and i quit smoking. eat eat eat eat eat. I think i used it as my excuse to be a slobbo and not move. Of course this type of lifestyle is depressing, so, genious idea of going on anti-depressants. I believe that taking anti depressants added to my weight gain, because it made me not give a crap what i looked like, plus i was hungry constantly. I stayed on the Anti-depressants for a year and a half, until i realised that i do not need the pills and they were doing more damage than good. So I stopped taking the anti depressants, hoping that my motivation would return. It didnt happen.

Now a year later i get on the scale and i weigh 200 pounds. I believe i have finally gotten to the point that i am completely disgusted with myself and realise that if i dont do something now then i will be 250,300,350 before i know it. So, now the diet has begun again, i started about 20 days ago and have been doing the jillian michaels 30 day shred. I have stayed pretty consistant in doing the exercises, but i skip sat and sun.

I do not have children, so i have no excuse for not exercising, it's not like my schedule is busy by any means. it's just hard to keep the motivation up sometimes, which you ALL know :)

Okay i know that was long sorry :)

Awesome to have the groups now!
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Kim. I live in the Geist/Fishers area of just northeast of Indianapolis.

hey! i live in castleton :)
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I wasn't born in Indiana but I've lived here for most of my 26 years, all over the state...Muncie, Decatur, Martinsville, Greenwood, Terre Haute, Castleton, Carmel...currently in Indianapolis. :)
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Another Region Rat here! : ) My name is Monica and I live in Hobart (Northwest Indiana). Can't wait to chat with you all and see what we can do together!!

I gained 60 pounds in the last 5 years... let's just say I was eating my way out of my personal life. I've lost 30 pounds since January 4th. Had a 10ish pound set back but am on my way to my goal again!

Glad to meet all of you. Best Wishes to Everyone! Monica ; )
  • jaxnjojosmama
    jaxnjojosmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Hoosiers! I'm Amy, single mom of a 9 yr-old girl and a 6 yr-old boy. We live in Southern Indiana, east of Evansville, in a tiny town called Chrisney. I was on MFP for a bit last year but fell away, but I re-joined with my friend Jamie, she's truly an inspiration. Going slow so far, 21 lbs down, but slow and steady wins the race, right? Hope so!
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Hoosiers! I'm Amy, single mom of a 9 yr-old girl and a 6 yr-old boy. We live in Southern Indiana, east of Evansville, in a tiny town called Chrisney. I was on MFP for a bit last year but fell away, but I re-joined with my friend Jamie, she's truly an inspiration. Going slow so far, 21 lbs down, but slow and steady wins the race, right? Hope so!

hello!! the goal is to lose so ur are doing great a loss is a loss :) so keep up the great work :)
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi Hoosiers! Indiana born and raised here! (Fort Wayne to be exact) I am married to a wonderful man and have an angel of a son who will be 3 in a week and a half. I've been on MFP for a while now - but still have about 15 more lbs to lose. I am a newbie runner - and started with C25K in March. I love having a group of fellow Hoosiers! I look forward to getting to know and support you all!
  • apoyser
    Options
    Hi I'm Andy lived in Logansport all my life. I am married have children one 2yr old girl and another on the way idk if it's a boy or girl yet. Lots of change in my life recently all for good I thank God for everything he's given my family. I love to run!
  • matthewballard
    matthewballard Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Matt. I grew up in Muncie and currently reside in Fishers. I'm married with 4 kids.

I joined MFP in March of 2010. I hit my goal weight in November of 2010 and have been maintaining ever since.

I completed 3 half marathons over the past year or so and am now working toward a full marathon in April and a half - ironman triatholon in September. At this point I am a certified fitness freak having come a LONG way from the fat guy I had let myself become. I'm a happier and healthier person for it.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Kim. I live in the Geist/Fishers area of just northeast of Indianapolis.

hey! i live in castleton :)

Hey! I work in Castleton :)
  • Jessicab4e
    Jessicab4e Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm from the region. I lived here most of my life. I've been on mfp for just over a month now and I'm loving it!!!