Welcome!

Options

Replies

• 276NoMore
    276NoMore Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    HALLELUJAH !!! I joined MFP 4 days ago (Sat. Jan. 7) and have lost 8.5 lbs (I must have been consuming a whopping number of calories). I am not taking any kind of diet supplements, etc. I am just eating sensible real food. Anyways, I credit this accomplishment to my Lord my God. I am so glad there is this Catholic group here. I have I think 12 friends so far and I really don't know if some are believers or practising Christians, but I am hoping that some of my posts reach their heart. I am a 49 year old female from Ontario, Canada. Baptized a Roman Catholic from birth (there were even some nuns teaching in the grade schools I attended. My faith is my priority - I hope to be a good and faithful servant. I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL IF ANY OF YOU WOULD ADD ME AS A FRIEND for mutual encouragement and support (it's amazing what small doses of encouragement do for a person). I was just thinking about me as a chubby sheep who will one day become a thin one as I walk on this Journey with My Lord (He is my Shepherd). My name is Bonnie and my mother's name is Dolly (she passed away in May 2008 and not a day goes by that I do not think about her). Anyways, us kids would kind of tease my mom, saying "Dolly the Sheep" maybe even mention the word "clone" every now and again (lol). So, anyways, she got the last laugh kinda - it was back in April 1998 when my mom called me saying Dolly the Sheep had a little lamb and her name was Bonnie. Talk about laughter and joy that moment. Anyways, I hope to see you on this journey (btw, I am a Prayer Warrior and if you need prayers, for sure I will be there).
  • freder1ck
    freder1ck Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a lifelong Catholic, and have been on MFP for 192 days. I haven't added many people, but would be open to it.

Thanks,
    Fred

Christ in His beauty draws me to Him ~Jacapone di Todi
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to the group...glad to have found it!! I too am a cradle Catholic went to Catholic school for the first 8 grades...love the Roman Catholic Church!! :happy:

I did the same, then went to a public high school. How did you transition? I was in culture shock for a bit!
    [/quote

Sorry for the delay in responding!! I went to a public high school also...was a bit of a shock so different than Catholic school however the town I grew up in Indiana was small total population of about 5,000. I only had 134 in my graduating class my senior year. I would have rather gone to a Catholic high school but the closest one was about 20 miles from our town.
  • KIMI_SILVA
    Options
    I will certainly pray for you, and I am grateful for your prayers as well. God bless you.
  • KIMI_SILVA
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim and I am a convert, a daily communicant, and am praying about the soul deep yearning I feel to enter Religious Life. I feel called, but am still uncertain if it is God or if it is me. Please pray for me that if it is God's Will, He will make it perfectly clear.
    I'm so happy to have a Catholic group here to join.
  • rjrober
    Options
    Hello,

I just started using myfitnesspal about a month ago. My doctor suggested it, her husband was having good results with it. So far I've lost 8 LBs.

I am a cradle Catholic who was away from the Church during my 20's, 30's and 40's. I was searching far and wide for "truth" and found myself wandering back toward the Church. All of the reasons I had for staying away seemed so silly when considered as a 50 year old.

So today (haven't been to bed yet) is Ash Wednesday. I really want to use this time of Lent to pray, fast and meditate. I think I want to add daily Mass to my Lenten intention.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been with MFP for just a week now. Happy to find you all. I am a professed third order Franciscan.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a convert of 7 years now. I love my Catholic faith. I am a Lector and Extraordinary Eucharistic minister. I am kind of feeling lazy right now as I just gave up my position as Director of Religious Education and teaching CCD because of some health problems. I kind of miss it, but will get back into teaching when the time is right.

You can also find me on www.catholic.com in the forums and groups.
  • khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After many years of searching, my husband and I converted @ Easter 2008. What a wonderful decision and thank God. When I was 4 years old I went to Mass in Sacramento, CA with a neighbor (my parents were atheist and agnostic) and I believe the seeds were planted then. Sixty years later they sprouted! :love:
  • ednjenn
    ednjenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Glad to find a group of proud Catholics who don't shy away from a challenge or speaking of Faith. Hope this is the group I can participate with who'll get me to keep using this App and continuing on with my fitness journey of bringing back the old me. Married, Cop, 6 beautiful kids in Catholic School and absolutely in love with learning more about our faith and blessings. Please feel free to friend me so I can make some lb waves here.

God Bless!

Ed
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to find y'all!
    I am Paula, married in the Catholic church to a cradle Catholic in 1999, came into the Church myself in 2002. I am a homeschooling mama of six Looking forward to finding some friends who share my faith here. :smile:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how I missed so many new people on here. So glad to see more Catholics joining our group. Please send me a FR if you're interested!

Patti
  • dutchboy1
    dutchboy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Cradle Catholic and primarily attend the Extraordinary Form (AKA Latin Mass). New to this site and looking forward to continuing my journey and interacting with fellow Catholics. God bless and stay healthy.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Cradle Catholic and primarily attend the Extraordinary Form (AKA Latin Mass). New to this site and looking forward to continuing my journey and interacting with fellow Catholics. God bless and stay healthy.
    Welcome to the site!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    We love the Latin Mass, too! :smile:
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Andrea, I'm a 38 year old married mom of two teens: 19 and 17 years old.
    I married my high school sweetheart! We have had our ups and downs, but with God's grace, love and forgiveness our Sacramental marriage is ALIVE and kicking after many years of being like bones in a "desert".

I was a cradle-catholic minus confirmation. We stopped attending Mass after both kids had their First communion. I suppose I left the church to find my "own" way....but through trials and tribulations God rekindled a fire in my heart and I now strive to follow Him each day and be an example of Jesus to my family and friends.

I felt a tugging from the Holy Spirit, I began RCIA classes to re-learn about my Catholic faith and I came back! I am being confirmed this weekend at the Easter Vigil Mass. I am so happy to share this beautiful faith with others.

I've struggled with up and down weight loss success and failures. I want to get healthy and crave God, not food or anything else!
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post! Welcome Home, as they say! :flowerforyou:
  • beth40n2
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a convert of 7 years now and I love being a Catholic. I had a pentecostal and Methodist background. I love the rich Catholic traditiions and Mass.

It is great to find this group. I have been on Catholic Answers Forums and they do have some groups who talk about weight loss. I hope Catholics Unite on here have some great discussions.
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mary and I'm a 38 year old mom of 4 active boys. I am so excited to find a Catholic group on this website! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday!
  • beth40n2
    Options
    Easter was great and so was this weekend. I attended a Holy Spirit Retreat and we celebrated Divine Mercy Sunday also.