Welcome!

Options

Replies

• mickeyskinnyjeans
    Options
    Hi my name is Andrea, I'm a 38 year old married mom of two teens: 19 and 17 years old.
    I married my high school sweetheart! We have had our ups and downs, but with God's grace, love and forgiveness our Sacramental marriage is ALIVE and kicking after many years of being like bones in a "desert".

I was a cradle-catholic minus confirmation. We stopped attending Mass after both kids had their First communion. I suppose I left the church to find my "own" way....but through trials and tribulations God rekindled a fire in my heart and I now strive to follow Him each day and be an example of Jesus to my family and friends.

I felt a tugging from the Holy Spirit, I began RCIA classes to re-learn about my Catholic faith and I came back! I am being confirmed this weekend at the Easter Vigil Mass. I am so happy to share this beautiful faith with others.

I've struggled with up and down weight loss success and failures. I want to get healthy and crave God, not food or anything else!

It warms my heart to hear when my sisters and brothers have returned. A good marriage will have struggles and joys. It is a blessing that your relationship has experienced both and still remains intact. Welcome home!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a cradle Catholic married to a wonderful man for 30 years who is nonCatholic. We have 3 sons, who are also cradle Catholics. I am very involved in our church; lector, extraordinary minister, special needs PRE teacher, hospitality. I work in a public school teaching special education 3 and 4 year olds. It is the best!!! I am so glad I found this group!!! Feel free to friend me!
    Nancy
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I live in rural Tennessee where my children have had to defend their faith from other children who do not understand the Catholic faith. I grew up in Memphis where there is a large Catholic population. Just 100 miles away is like a whole other world. It is perplexing how "Christians" can behave so unChristlike to Catholics in the rural south!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm also a member of the Christians Unite group, but I know there's sometimes a difference in perspective, as well. This group is NOT to go against the Christian group - I see it as more of a supplement. =)
    Hi to all brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm also a member of the Christians Unite and the Christian Support group but to be honest I don't see any difference between Catholics and other Christians but I think that's because I had an ex-bf and also some relatives on my mom's side who are Baptists. I don't like it whenever some people regarded us as "different" from the Christians coz after all we are all from the same Christian family.

Anyway my name is Jackie, 33 y/o., a Mexican Filipino, currently single w/o children, born and raised Catholic & came from a very traditional Catholic family (my Dad's side particularly) though I admit that I'm not that much religious but I do go to church on Sundays. But I'm not the type who will debate with people of other religions and instead just avoid discussing it.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family!!
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for a little over a year. I lost 40 lbs, gained 10, now I need to get about 30 off before a family wedding this summer. So far I have only 'watched' the discussions and not participated. But I need the extra support. So I joined a C25k group and added some friends. I am so excited to see a Catholic group, just what I needed. I am a cradle Catholic. We homeschool our children. Only one left out of 6. :( But on to grandbabies now!! So add me as a friend if you will and I will share what I know. I so appreciate reading what works and all the successes. God bless you all!
  • lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just popping by to introduce myself! I'm Brenda, married mom of 3, cradle catholic. I had a major reversion 3 years ago and have been receiving/partaking of the Sacraments regularly ever since. I am now becoming more active in my parish and just loving it. I've always had a weight problem, but through Grace, am feeling ready to make some very big changes.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just popping by to introduce myself! I'm Brenda, married mom of 3, cradle catholic. I had a major reversion 3 years ago and have been receiving/partaking of the Sacraments regularly ever since. I am now becoming more active in my parish and just loving it. I've always had a weight problem, but through Grace, am feeling ready to make some very big changes.

Welcome, LivingLifeMore. I'm also a cradle Catholic. My reversion was a couple decades ago, and I'm loivng my faith more every day since. Please feel free to friend me, if you would like.
  • stephaniemancia
    stephaniemancia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So extremely happy to find this group!!! I'm a "newbie" I just came into the church last Easter after 8 years of studying up on what was right and where I truly needed to be with Christ and here I am. I found a sense of peace that I have never known simply by walking through the Parish doors. No doubt that it is a Holy place!
  • orapronobis
    Options
    So extremely happy to find this group!!! I'm a "newbie" I just came into the church last Easter after 8 years of studying up on what was right and where I truly needed to be with Christ and here I am. I found a sense of peace that I have never known simply by walking through the Parish doors. No doubt that it is a Holy place!

Welcome to the Catholic Church and to MPF. I'm a cradle Catholic. My husband came into the Church last month after 26 years of attending Mass with me. Send me a friend request, if you'd like.
  • lovinglifemore
    Options
    @ Orapronobis, that is wonderful that your husband has joined you! My husband is not Catholic (Pentecostal) either. I will never give up hope of him joining me. will never stop praying for his conversion. He is not practicing anything right now, but used to attend Mass with me. He will be attending again as our daughter will have her first Communion this year and hopefully will come to see my best friend be baptized, confirmed etc. at Easter Vigil. He has mentioned the possibility of coming with the children and so I am still hoping for that. We have an autistic child who is very hyperactive and we have unfortunately avoided bringing him in the past. There is a cry room in our church though, so we are thinking to try again with the whole family. That would be my dream come true.

@ Stephaniemanc, I feel the same way walking into my church :)
  • lovinglifemore
    Options
    :happy: so glad to find a group of catholics here!! my hubby and I converted 2 years ago- quite an uproar in our circle of family and friends as we are from the (very anti-catholic) deep south- but we love it and have never looked back, except to wonder how we missed the Truth all those years...

That is a beautiful testimony! It seems you know you are on the path to holiness when the world rejects you. It is not easy to become a Catholic. My family was catholic but never practiced growing up. They often wonder what "happened" to me, though they don't put me down for my zeal. My best friend though, is in RCIA and has had some hostility and belittling from her family and friends. She has mentioned how isolating it sometimes feels, I just tell her i feel like i've hit the jackpot, to have my best friend join me in the church and know and love the Truth along side me. I always tell her "The Truth is the Truth even if no one believes it and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it".
  • orapronobis
    Options
    @ Orapronobis, that is wonderful that your husband has joined you! My husband is not Catholic (Pentecostal) either. I will never give up hope of him joining me. will never stop praying for his conversion. He is not practicing anything right now, but used to attend Mass with me. He will be attending again as our daughter will have her first Communion this year and hopefully will come to see my best friend be baptized, confirmed etc. at Easter Vigil. He has mentioned the possibility of coming with the children and so I am still hoping for that. We have an autistic child who is very hyperactive and we have unfortunately avoided bringing him in the past. There is a cry room in our church though, so we are thinking to try again with the whole family. That would be my dream come true.

@ Stephaniemanc, I feel the same way walking into my church :)
    He'll come around. At some point, there will be an opening up to the possibility that the Catholic Church is the church that Jesus founded, and the Holy Spirit will rush in. All in His good time. :smile: And, congratulations on your friend's conversion. Sending up prayers for her as she goes through the trial of friends and family who don't understand.
  • blacknivory
    blacknivory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm an OCDS for 10 years too. Fitness and exercise isn't a big topic of interest for Carmelites whenever we have rare opportunities to talk so it will be nice to have this group.
  • vahdez
    vahdez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Brothers and Sisters!
    I am so glad to have found this group. I just started with my fitness journey and I am very excited.

I was baptized Catholic when I was 7 and was a cafeteria Catholic until high school. I underwent some challenging times in high school and was blessed to have a youth minister who pointed me back to Christ. I have been passionate about my faith ever since. I am married to a wonderful man who came into full communion with the Church prior to marrying me. Our faith is very important.

I am a Youth Minister and Confirmation Director in a Catholic Church and love my job. As a youth minister you can imagine the amount of junk food, soda and candy that continually tempt me.

I am looking forward to this new journey and want to make God a part of it too!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you in our group!
  • orapronobis
    Options
    Hello Brothers and Sisters!
    I am so glad to have found this group. I just started with my fitness journey and I am very excited.

I was baptized Catholic when I was 7 and was a cafeteria Catholic until high school. I underwent some challenging times in high school and was blessed to have a youth minister who pointed me back to Christ. I have been passionate about my faith ever since. I am married to a wonderful man who came into full communion with the Church prior to marrying me. Our faith is very important.

I am a Youth Minister and Confirmation Director in a Catholic Church and love my job. As a youth minister you can imagine the amount of junk food, soda and candy that continually tempt me.

I am looking forward to this new journey and want to make God a part of it too!

Welcome to MFP and to this group!
  • Jenniferlynnmcc
    Jenniferlynnmcc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I am happy to find this group. :flowerforyou: I just completed my RCIA program, and took the Eucharist and was anointed into the church on Easter Vigil. It was an amazing experience and I am so grateful. My two daughters went to a Catholic school for middle school, and are now at a Jesuit high school. My dad was raised Catholic and our family is from a long line of Irish Catholics, buy I was raised in the Episcopal church. God led me back to my roots! Jen
  • orapronobis
    Options
    Welcome home to your Catholic family! I'm a cradle Catholic. My husband was received into the church and received First Holy Communion in December.
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hi! I just found this group after reading about the Christians Unite group on a board - would love to join!

I'm a cradle Catholic and have recently re-commited to MFP as well. I am the DRE at my church (a small parish of 300 families) and work as a school nurse. I try to look at my weight/health as a continuous journey, and my faith is one as well.

Looking forward to being here!