Introduce Yourself

Options
1235»

Replies

• serrazee
    serrazee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Woo! This group is awesome! Glad to see so many sci-peeps out there on MFP! :D

I'm a paleontology PhD student, studying evolutionary relationships late Triassic-age fishes. I teach freshman college organismal biology discussion groups, and loooove myself some cool organisms, geology, and science.

I let my weight get out of control starting about 10 years ago, and it made doing fieldwork challenging, not to mention my loss of confidence. I'm now pretty much at my goal weight, and it's amazing how being able to take control of one aspect of your life (health) can affect your success in other aspects of your life (such as academia!). I still struggle with wanting to binge on junk food all the time (especially while writing a dissertation), and so I am staying active here on MFP, to keep myself in check.

I'd love to make some pals through this group, there are so many cool people here!
  • Zoocachoo
    Zoocachoo Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello, I'm studying the thing no one believes is actually a thing - Zoology.

Lost count of the amount of times I have to explain to people that it's the study of animals not a whole degree to learn how to work in a zoo. My first two years have been a mix of everything.

Feel free to add me and hear my occasional moans about everything :)
  • alexandriamarino
    alexandriamarino Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hey all, md/phd student in neuroscience. wish there was more going on in this group!!
  • berkayaliulker
    Options
    hi

that is all