What are your goals?

Options
Are you training for a competition, a race, a strong man event?
What are your BF% goals, or Max lift Goals, etc?

I'm training for a strongman even possibly taking place in May next year. I'd also like to get down to 10%BF by Summer 2012 and I'd like to bench 315lbs x 3, squat 365lbs. x 3, and deadlift 405lbs x 1 by Summer 2012.

Replies

• tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a fitness bikini competition in May of 2012.

I also want to be able to do 20 pull ups. I have hardly any upper body strength right now.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My goal is to burn 6,000 kcal every week and run at least 25 miles. I have to wait a bit to reach those goals because I have mildly hyper extended my knee :( I'm doing everything I can to promote healing so I can get back on track ASAP!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    To burn 6000 calories on every week I do not have my children.
    To find a lifting routine I like and stick with it, I get bored too easily.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

I also want to be able to do 20 pull ups. I have hardly any upper body strength right now.

You must post pre-competition and competition pics. To build up to standard pull ups, do 'negatives' or 'kipping'.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I want to reduce my BF%. I haven't had a proper test done at the gym. My home scale says 22% but I don't know if I could trust it. Once this flu is gone I'll get tested at the gym.

I want an awesome butt lol

Run 5K
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

You must post pre-competition and competition pics. To build up to standard pull ups, do 'negatives' or 'kipping'.

I will post pics before I start my actual prep, so you guys can be right there with me the whole way! :)

I had to google kipping lol, but i think i could do that!
  • slbeutler
    Options
    I have a lot and have a long ways to go to all of them and some I have never told anyone, so you are the first!

1. Lose 45 more pounds, decrease body fat and increase lean muscle mass in the next 6.5 months
    2. Run a half marathon in 2 hours and 30 minutes or under (currently training, event is in January). I am a terribly slow runner, so this is huge for me.

3. Although, I have no desire to actually be in a fitness competition, I would like to train like I am going to be in one and develop that type of physique. I have a long ways to go, but I know I can do it.

4. I love to workout, lifty heavy, and train hard, but I also love to eat, so my final goal is to start looking at food as a fuel source for my body and my workouts and enjoy it when appropriate and in moderation.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    For those wanting to lose BF, are you playing with macro ratios, calorie cycling, cheat days, diet breaks, how are you reaching your goals?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    For those wanting to lose BF, are you playing with macro ratios, calorie cycling, cheat days, diet breaks, how are you reaching your goals?

Hmmm the one constant I have is to try for 100g of protein per day. Doesn't always work, as you can see if you look at my diary. I've tried the cheat day on chrisdavey's advice, which for me meant eating at maintenance for a day. And it certainly didn't hurt and gave me tons of energy. I want to try calorie cycling too. Willing to take suggestions :) My diary is open but I've been pretty bad the last couple of days since getting sick.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    I do think a competition would be a ton of fun. I'd really have to work on my discipline for that.

And I'll also have to find out what it is that's had me so worn down/dizzy.

I can't properly train feeling that way.
    So I've been messing around with my calories and trying to watch my iron, and sugar.

Last time I had my body fat checked it was around 18%, that was a year ago. At this moment the priority is figuring the diet out.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

I reached goal and want to maintain at 13 %, I play with macro ratios but my diet has to be sustainable, since I eat cheat food every day (chocolate & cookies). I never eat fried or fast food. I gave up drinking alcohol a few months ago, that helped reaching goal. Initlally the idea was just less pounds on my frame due to knee surgeries.

I was aiming at bikini but due to my height, I have problems putting on additional mass in a natural manner. And I have a torn labrum (slap 2) and can't do biceps with more than 8 pounds :(
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

Hmmm the one constant I have is to try for 100g of protein per day. Doesn't always work, as you can see if you look at my diary. I've tried the cheat day on chrisdavey's advice, which for me meant eating at maintenance for a day. And it certainly didn't hurt and gave me tons of energy. I want to try calorie cycling too. Willing to take suggestions :) My diary is open but I've been pretty bad the last couple of days since getting sick.

I've helped several people at the gym break through progress stalls with cheat meals. With extreme cases, a 'diet break' in my opinion is best.
    I had some success with calorie cycling and fasted cardio.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I do think a competition would be a ton of fun. I'd really have to work on my discipline for that.

So I've been messing around with my calories and trying to watch my iron, and sugar.

Last time I had my body fat checked it was around 18%, that was a year ago. At this moment the priority is figuring the diet out.

Hmm, dizziness and fatigue, that's a tough one. Have you had blood work done to diagnose the culprit?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

I reached goal and want to maintain at 13 %, I play with macro ratios but my diet has to be sustainable, since I eat cheat food every day (chocolate & cookies). I never eat fried or fast food. I gave up drinking alcohol a few months ago, that helped reaching goal. Initlally the idea was just less pounds on my frame due to knee surgeries.

I was aiming at bikini but due to my height, I have problems putting on additional mass in a natural manner. And I have a torn labrum (slap 2) and can't do biceps with more than 8 pounds :(

Wow, 13%BF, that's awesome! I also have a hard time building more lean mass. I wish it were as simple as many people on here think it is.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

Hmm, dizziness and fatigue, that's a tough one. Have you had blood work done to diagnose the culprit?

That's on the agenda, just waiting on my insurance to kick in. Then the sky is the limit! lol
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My long term goal is to maximize my genetic muscular potential at a 8-10% body fat. According to current studies and statistics this falls somewhere between a bodyweight of 215-230lbs. Pending injury or death (I certainly hope neither of those occur), I expect this to be a lifetime pursuit.
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My long term goal is to maximize my genetic muscular potential at a 8-10% body fat. According to current studies and statistics this falls somewhere between a bodyweight of 215-230lbs. Pending injury or death (I certainly hope neither of those occur), I expect this to be a lifetime pursuit.
    LOL Yup like you've told me before its a sickness we share,I plan on somewhat the goals!
  • keola64
    Options
    I think motivation is my vanity,LMAO,at least I'm honest. >.<
  • keola64
    Options

start doing them pullups now,it gets easier! But then you expect more and more until you can pump out pullups all day long plus how tipped and shredded your back gets,my back is nice bit I am not stopping till it scares people to look at it lol
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Pending injury or death (I certainly hope neither of those occur), I expect this to be a lifetime pursuit.

lifetime pursuit, here, too. Regardless of injury. I might not even care if I'm dead and still work out, hehe