What are your goals?

Options

Replies

• gailosborne
    Options
    Continue with body recomposition.
    Keep increasing weights/strength and improving personal bests with kettlebell training and body conditioning type exercises. Push harder with intervals.
    Do more than the one pull up (managed my first at last - I tend to do it backwards at the moment or hold my weight.)
    I have entered my first 10k in Jan - I'm aiming to do it in under 55 mins, my pb is 52 mins but I've never done a race before.
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 next week - my goals are:

To reveal my abs by christmas
    To lower my bf% - and to get it measured professionally
    To increase my ability to do pullups from my current which is 3 sets of 3 (although the 9th one is usually more of neck stretch!) to 3 sets of 12
    To hang from a climbing frame by the legs and do upside down sit ups
    To achieve certain yoga positions that currently fail me

I currently burn around 5-6000 cals per week and train with ex-military PT instructors 3 x a week outside in all weather. The rest of the time is made up with resistence training, interval training and power walking.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gail and Martha, glad to have you in the group. I'm sure you will reach your goals. Stay dedicated to your training and eating plans and you'll achieve them.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I want to better my 1/2 marathon time and start training for a marathon.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

What is you current best 1/2 marathon time?
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hiya People, had a fall out at work with a director, so im on what they call garden leave, (full pay, but dont have to go to work) so with time on my hands, till x-mas, my goal is to drop to my lowest ever weight (78kg) in the last 6yrs, and become ripped rather than toned and bulky, I think a 10kg drop will be enough, so far my progress has been

Oct 25th---88kg
    Nov 4th----85.6kg
    Nov 11th---84.8kg
    Nov 18th-- 83.6kg
    Nov 25th---??
    Dec 2nd----??
    Dec 9th
    ??
    Dec 16th---??
    Dec 23rd---??
    Dec 25th---??

On a target so far, been very steady, allow myself one cheat meal a week.

this is my short term goal, long term I dont know yet, any ideas?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Hiya People, had a fall out at work with a director, so im on what they call garden leave, (full pay, but dont have to go to work) so with time on my hands, till x-mas, my goal is to drop to my lowest ever weight (78kg) in the last 6yrs, and become ripped rather than toned and bulky, I think a 10kg drop will be enough, so far my progress has been

Oct 25th---88kg
    Nov 4th----85.6kg
    Nov 11th---84.8kg
    Nov 18th-- 83.6kg
    Nov 25th---??
    Dec 2nd----??
    Dec 9th
    ??
    Dec 16th---??
    Dec 23rd---??
    Dec 25th---??

On a target so far, been very steady, allow myself one cheat meal a week.

this is my short term goal, long term I dont know yet, any ideas?

Good start, for long term I would focus on strengthening my cardiovascular system. No point in getting shredded if you have a heart attack in several years. That's just my $0.03
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Good start, for long term I would focus on strengthening my cardiovascular system. No point in getting shredded if you have a heart attack in several years. That's just my $0.03

I have , I already run 4x times a weeks doing Intervals, run 5k at a time, then I row 2500metres 3x times a week, again doing intervals, Hey when your time is up, its up, I have always wanted to take up a new hobby like rock climbing put my body wasnt really made for that, I am hoping if I slim down a bit, I might be more suitable for it.
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I want to get down to 17% body fat. Problem is I dont have an accurate way of measuring this. My handheld BF analyzer tells me I'm around 21-22%...but obviously I dont trust the accuracy. Are calipers more accurate or less accurate?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I want to get down to 17% body fat. Problem is I dont have an accurate way of measuring this. My handheld BF analyzer tells me I'm around 21-22%...but obviously I dont trust the accuracy. Are calipers more accurate or less accurate?

Calipers can be much more accurate than a handheld, assuming you take the caliper measurements correctly. User error can also scew the ready and results.
  • Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    Options
    As of right now to lose 10-12 more pounds and keep building muscle. Since I'm still in the journey of losing weight.. we'll see how I feel when I reach my goal.. It would be nice to compete in something or push myself to run something longer than a 5k.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    As of right now to lose 10-12 more pounds and keep building muscle. Since I'm still in the journey of losing weight.. we'll see how I feel when I reach my goal.. It would be nice to compete in something or push myself to run something longer than a 5k.

Glad you joined, how's your protein intake? If you're doing a fair amount of resistance training try to consume at least .8g protein per lbs body weight. If you really start lifting more intense and heavy shoot for minimum 1 g/ lb body weight. I try to get 1.5 gram myself but sometimes it's hard.
  • rockstarginaa
    Options

2:27
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

That's amazing! Lemma do the math, that's like 11 min mile average, that's beast mode, awesome job!
  • rockstarginaa
    Options

I'm training for my first FULL marathon in May. Yikes!
  • rockstarginaa
    Options

I have a new PR - 2:16:53 :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

I have a new PR - 2:16:53 :)

That's amazing!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I've got a new goal, want to reach 175 pounds at 9% BF. Not sure how many cut and bulk cycles it will take, but I'm in it for the long haul.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I've got a new goal, want to reach 175 pounds at 9% BF. Not sure how many cut and bulk cycles it will take, but I'm in it for the long haul.

Do you know where you're at now mate? And how tall are you?

I'm 5'8" and currently 171 @ approx 7-8% I believe based off previous dexa scan.

NEED MORE LBM! :devil:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

Do you know where you're at now mate? And how tall are you?

I'm 5'8" and currently 171 @ approx 7-8% I believe based off previous dexa scan.

NEED MORE LBM! :devil:

I'm 5'8" as well, 163 give or take several pounds any given day. According to my caliper test I'm at roughly 11%BF at the moment due to my poor bulk. I would love to put on more lean mass, even another 5 pounds would be suh-weet!!!