Challenge!

Replies

• This will be my first challenge with this group. Dec 12th-19th Challenge accepted! :smile:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'm up for the challenge. I'll try adding on the half hour of walking, but if I don't do that I'll make sure to get half hour of something at least. And I should be able to go without sweets for the week. Perfect timing as well...bf's uncle's birthday today so that's over already. :) And I don't think there's anything else going on this week...until Saturday which is the church supper...
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    hmm dont think i can do this one because my birthday is the 14th lol
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    I went through the house and threw away all the treats. Except for two candies that I will indulge in today.

*sigh*

Its only a week, I can do this!!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    I went through the house and threw away all the treats. Except for two candies that I will indulge in today.

*sigh*

Its only a week, I can do this!!

I hope you didn't have to throw away too much. I'm not getting rid of food or people will kill me lol. I'm just gonna have will power. I've done it before so I'm sure it will be fine now :cry: lol
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Stock up on fruit girls it's candy if you want it to be!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    This is a very challenging challenge for me. >.<

I'm a sucker for sweets. No pun intended :P

I *need* to do this, though. I've been consuming way too much sugar. I'm going to try very hard even though TOM might derail me.

You and me both. Especially recently, my sweet tooth is ridiculous. I need this challenge, it may help me get back on track, but honestly will be such a challenge. I have a hurt hip, and walking is not easy for me currently, but I'll attempt that as well.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Here's the deal- I'm hosting my annual Christmas Party on Saturday night... and I think I'd like to enjoy a few sweets. I'd like to set myself up for success, and I'm pretty sure that signing up for this challenge at this time would not be the best move for me.

That being said, I think this food challenge is an excellent idea!

So in the spirit of this challenge, I'm going to do my own modified challenge for this week: I am going to stay away from CEREAL. That's right- no cereal for me for 7 days! No Kashi golean crunch, no cheerios, no golden grahms, no chex (or chex mix!), no hearts and o's cereal... omg I love cereal... This will be quite challenging since I'm a cereal maniac- but I think it is a good time for me to try to get my cereal-eating in check. What better time to do it then when all of my MFP friends are challenging themselves to give up sweets?!

So thank you for the inspiration and good luck to all of you brave people who are going to give up sweets for a week!
  • Saffyra

I got a whole bunch of pink lady apples, pears, and a pomegranate thinking this very thing!

Silvercivic, Im proud of you!

Ittee, im with you. My candy gobbling ways are getting out of hand. I maybe within my calorie goal but even I know all that sugar isnt helping. Still...

Woo. Ireally hope i can put a big fat NO in that box next Sunday!
  • Shellitz

I got a whole bunch of pink lady apples, pears, and a pomegranate thinking this very thing!

Silvercivic, Im proud of you!

Ittee, im with you. My candy gobbling ways are getting out of hand. I maybe within my calorie goal but even I know all that sugar isnt helping. Still...

Woo. Ireally hope i can put a big fat NO in that box next Sunday!

Loving that it is summer here, I have stocked up on Mangoes and plums, yum! We can put a big fat no in that box - I am sure of it!!

So far - I did not get up for my walk before work HAHA. But I did get very close to getting up early so maybe tomorow I will succeed. I have booked a walk for tonight with my bestie so box ticked for the day :)
  • Hey, I just joined MFP on Friday and was really looking for something like this to keep me on track and have something keeping me accountable. I would love to be a part of the Dec 12-Dec 19 challenge.

Oh and I'm 28 and am 5'1". I have a long way to go to get to my goal of 120, but I decided to do this in small chunks so I don't get overwhelmed. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 577 Member
    Looking forward to the challenges!! I promise to stick with this one.....definately have to give up the sweets!!
  • KayteeBear
    Done my first half hour...except it was more like 40 minutes of a walk'/jog/skip in place type of thing. :)
  • Ittee
    I consider the eating challenge to be candy, cookies, ice cream, cake, etc. My bfast bar is sweet, and yet I don't consider it as such. Also, found out I have a mandatory Xmas party to go to on Saturday, and military wives get offended often if you don't sample their dessert, which is also mandatory each one of us brings. Yippee :grumble: So I will not make the challenge this week, or feel that I'm modifying to sacrifice (today was hard, TOM came and all!) appropriately.
  • Shellitz
    Asthma giving me grief today - had to swap my walk for some Yoga. Still no sweets though :)
  • Ittee
    have to drop out. My hip is too bad to walk for 30 mins. Hopefully after physical therapy I'll back to my beastly 'lil self.
  • KayteeBear
    I'm dropping out of this one. I tried but I've been so busy preparing for Christmas and cleaning the house and such that I haven't done any of my daily/weekly challenges from any of my groups. :( I've been so scattered. I have still be getting in daily workouts though. :)
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Hi guys, :flowerforyou: apologies for not being around to take part in the challenges but I'm here now. OH YES, I'M BACK!!!!
    It's been a really frustrating three weeks full of bad health, bad drama (not mine but it never bloomin is) bad car troubles, pretty much everything was just BAD. But I'm back. can't let life derail and even though I've had an absence I STILL feel better than I did 6 months ago and 20 odd pounds heavier, so I'm not letting it go.

Back to the challenges and I'm here taking part despite it being nearly over.

Shame I hadn't checked the challenge sooner or I would have aced it this week (smug nose in the air smiley) as I've walked my bum into a rather nice shape as I've done that many miles recently!! Shame about the arms and tummy though :frown:

So, I'm joining today. Yay!!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Aww, this must be a difficult one for some people. I'm still kicking strong on the no sweets. I'm desperately wanting Monday to arrive. LoL. Since I can't participate in the walking challenge... well it's sucked. Haha. How's everyone else doing?
  • Saffyra
    Pretty much failed the sweets thing.

Walking is good.

Losing weight is good.

Its just those sweets that I cant resist!