Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• Lanna234
    Lanna234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lydia. I'm 38. I live gaming, though the last few years it has taken a back seat to life. I have played most everything from Ultima Online, to Dark Age of Camelot, to WoW. I am currently playing on WoW and FFXIV. I don't do alot of single player games simply because I prefer to talk to people when I play things. I am a stay at home mom of 4, 2 of which I homeschool.

I am currently at 237 lbs. I would like to get down to around 150ish. I have lost 5lbs so far. We bought a new scale, and it said I was 10lbs over what I thought, and I decided this wasn't how I was going to be and I started changing my diet and exercise. I am lucky, at least, that I gain weight slowly and most of my weight has come from my pregnancies. I just never lost what I gained.
  • EbonyWhiteMage
    EbonyWhiteMage Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Age 25
    Female
    RP: Tabletop and Online
    LARP: I haven't but I really want to
    Games I play: I'm currently playing a ton of WoW, and Overwatch. I plan on checking out the vanilla server Eylsium pretty soon and I think I'll be checking out Aura Kingdoms and Rift in the near future.
    I'm looking not to just lose weight that's to short term for me I want to be generally more healthy.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm Marlene, and I'm female. I weigh 296 and my first goal is 250 (I have an ultimate goal of course, but I'm breaking my goal up into smaller goals that are easier to reach). I just started my journey 21 days ago, so I haven't lost a lot yet.

I play mostly PC games. I've played Shadowrun and D&D in the past, but I prefer PC RPGs. I LOVELOVELOVE WoW (solo) and am currently playing it via the starter edition, because I don't have $14/month fun money for a sub (long story). I've also playing Lord of the Rings Online for the last six years, despite not being a Lord of the Rings book fan (I don't like Tolkien's prose, but I love his universe).

I'm a geek at heart, former computer science student and Linux sysadmin. I don't run Windows on my PC, I run Ubuntu Linux and run my games through wine (WoW and Lord of the Rings Online) or natively on Linux (Stardew Valley, Rimworld). Yes, it limits me in the games I can run, but most of the games I play are older ones anyways.
  • ZelleLarentia
    ZelleLarentia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Who are you! - I go by either Katje Voo or Zelle Larentia, depending on the game.

Age? - 48

Female or male? - female

RP? Yes

LARP? Nope.

What are your weightloss goals?! To be in less pain so I can do more RL things.

How many pounds have you lost? Just getting started

Walk on the Beach? I live in the desert, so no, no beach walking.

I do the majority of my gaming on my PS3, because my HP Pavilion died in 2014, and the replacement laptop we bought wasn't meant for gaming (we got it cheap through a friend, but we didn't find out until afterwards that it uses a Celeron processor). For PC, I basically run Second Life (with difficulty, but it works), Elevenar and I just started Grepolis. I'm disabled, and have had recovery problems from a bunionectomy, so my patootie is confined to the couch for reasons other than gaming.
  • kittynieve
    kittynieve Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Heya :)
    I'm Niamh, 28 years old, living in Ireland. I used to be very into MMORPGS and played A LOT of them, I even met my boyfriend on FFXIV but they are just so time-consuming so I switched to playing more single-player games (mostly RPGs) on PC/PS4 so I can manage my time better. I'm really looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn coming out next month and made buying it one of my weight loss rewards, so I'll better bring it ;)

I also love to play Pen & Paper RP, currently in a Dungeons & Dragons group.

My weightloss goal: 20kg until the end of 2017. I am just getting started but I lost 1kg so far, better than nothing.

It would be great to find some like-minded friends here.

• Naruya
    Naruya Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Lisanne, a 27-year-old Dutch web designer & developer that absolutely loves gaming. I'm a Playstation (3/4/Vita) gamer playing mostly RPGs/Adventure games. This is going to be a good year for me, with Horizon Zero Dawn, Mass Effect and Persona 5 coming up soon! I also love MMO's (played WoW and FFXIV) but kicked that habit because it was sucking up all my time. Everything I play can be found on my PSN profile: https://psnprofiles.com/Adilya

I recently got the PSVR and I gotta say it's pretty awesome. I can't wait to see what kind of games developers will come up with!

As for my health and fitness goals; I'm here to get a grip on my health again. Due to a lot of bad luck with my health last year I gained a lot of weight and completely lost my fitness routine. I'm here to get back on track and lose all the weight I gained. I already got my workout routine down and eating mindfully is going pretty well. Now it's just a matter of keeping it up and the weight will come off in no time!

I'm always looking for like-minded friends on here, so don't hesitate to add me!
  • unickorn
    unickorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here play ffxiv? I'm a noob but I love this game! Would be great if I had some friends to play with. If you play message or add me!
  • jujubean457
    jujubean457 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kapeluza wrote: »
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

I'm Julia, 49 year old happily married female working on weight loss and health. Have lost 1 pound so far.
  • phoofy
    phoofy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Who are you: My name is Maria.

Age? 43

Female or male? Female

RP? No

LARP? No

What are your weightloss goals?! To lose 10-15lbs, but mostly to keep all the wonderful health problems I've inherited from my family at bay.

How many pounds have you lost? I lost a bunch last year, but then gained most of it back.

Walk on the Beach? Maybe. But I'm not a fan of sand. Or too much sun and heat. And I live in LA ;p

Hi! I'm Maria, single mom with a 9-year-old boy. I'm mostly a console gamer. Dragon Age is very near and dear to me, but other games I've enjoyed are the BioShock series, Fallout (though for me the first was was the best), Skyrim, Witcher ... basically if it has dragons and magic, I'll give it a try. Currently I'm doing another playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins since they just made it backwards compatible with Xbox One. I can't wait for DA4, but I will probably pick up Mass Effect Andromeda when it comes out.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party!
  • Jimda92
    Jimda92 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I joined MFP back in December, so I'm not really new here. But I sort of fell off the weight loss wagon and lost access to my old account. I'm back now, though. So...

My name is Jimda, I'm in my 20s and I live in Kentucky. I really like survival horror and single-player RPGs, but I play some MMORPGs as well. Also, when I have the opportunity I play D&D with my brother and a few of his friends.

My weight loss goal is to lose 125 lbs (57 kg) by Spring of next year, and I'd really like to make some friends here along the way.
  • Lem0nyFresh
    Lem0nyFresh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm Scotty, and right now Ghost Recon Wildlands has a tight grip on me and doesn't want to let go. I'm playing on the PC. If anyone has accessed the Ghost Recon Network, look for the Legacy of Tyr taskforce! Have a great week everyone!
  • timmajor90
    timmajor90 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Im Tim and im here to play games and lose some weight and make some friends. Im a console man i love playing rpg's and fps. Im currently playing ghost recon wildlands. So yeah.. hiii!!!
  • amberatkinsagain
    amberatkinsagain Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

In my 30's. I like pretty much anything Blizzard (no SC or WoW) - HotS is my favorite right now. I'm excited for Little Nightmares. My SO and I like RPG's and a ton of different board games.

Looking to lose ~70lbs. I've been on MFP before; I fell off the wagon but jumping back on. Trying to eat less, cut out unnecessary things, and move more. I've met some really cool people on here, looking to meet a few more!
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Joy. :)

I'm a returning MFP user. Had tried out other apps and then took an unplanned break and gained a bunch of weight back, so here to get back on track.

I'm 34, a long time gamer, avid reader and looking to lose around 100-120lbs while also getting back into strength training.

A big RP fan (whether tabletop or gaming pc/consoles) and would LARP if I had a group near me (but sadly, I don't).

Glad to find an active gaming group that's in to getting healthy/fit. :)
  • LiamM902
    LiamM902 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Liam, 21 years old living near Brisbane, Queensland (Australia)! I've been on and off this app for the last 4 or 5 years, but I feel like I've finally got the motivation to get healthier now.

So I'm a bit of a nerdy gay guy, I'm into PC and PS4 gaming, sci-fi, fantasy, books, TV shows, movies etc. I study biochemistry at University and it is honestly the source of most of my stress.

Please add me so I don't feel so alone, at the moment I have a couple of friends on here and they only talk about smoothies and gym. Send help.
  • Ksm7767
    Ksm7767 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm Kayla, female. Started at 245, at 230, looked to be 180. I'm mostly into Warframe right now, but I lile Fallout, Diablo, etc etc. Hoping to get more active instead of sitting on the couch all weekend lol. Feel free to add or message me!!
  • timmystick
    timmystick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm Tim, I'm 34, male. I weigh around 135 pounds. I'm not sure what my weightloss goals should be. I also don't know how much weight I have lost as my weight changes after being at work.
    I play different games on PC, console, and mobile. My Steam name is tmlogan29 if anyone wants to add me there.
    I'm also a Star Trek fan and a Marvel fan.
  • BeastToBeautiful
    BeastToBeautiful Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kapeluza wrote: »
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

I am 28 years old, Female Yes and Yes please. MY weight lose goal is to lose 60 pounds, and I am just starting. Only if it is for the horde.
  • lthornton1979
    lthornton1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Laurie
    Female

I enjoy single player games. I played pong with friends in elementary school, graduated to Super Mario and Contra, then Goldeneye (one of my all-time faves). I used to enjoy GTA (I think the last one I played and liked was San Andreas) but moved on to Skyrim, then Witcher 3. I *watch* a lot of ESO and League of Legends (not really interested in playing either).

Goals: would like to get down to 170-190 lbs (
    How many pounds have you lost? 30 so far, roughly 60-70 more to go
    Walk on the Beach? I would if I lived near one!