The ye ol' welcome post.

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
Welcome to this group for Insanity, feel free to discuss experiencs , say what you love, or simply whine about muscle aches.

only rule is be civil.

introduce yourselves here, feel free to let us know what point you are, or if you have done it before

Replies

• FairyMiss
    Options
    I did Insanity over the summer , i actually did month 1 twice, i did not feel ready to continue after the first time, by the time i finished the
    month 1 the second time i felt ready, unfortunately i never finished the last week of month two , went on a cruise
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Finish it now! :P

I'm planning on starting it in December, after I'm done Ripped in 30. Kinda nervous lol.
  • sw33tn3ss07
    Options
    I am planning to start after Thanksgiving for the very first time and i am so excited!
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    starting it again Monday, chest should be clear by then.
  • elijackson
    Options
    I'm in week 7. It is rough! I'm doing the diet plan and doing all the workouts in the plan. This is my first time doing a Beachbody program and I'm glad I went with the one that doesn't use equipment. I'm now convinced that I can torture myself just fine using only my own body :p
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    Hey! Glad you started this group. I love Insanity. We have started round two for the second time. I think the ladies I do it with are getting tired of it and want to do Turbo Jam, and that's great! I love Insanity though, there's nothing better.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I just started my second round of Insanity. This time i want to add extra BBL workouts because maybe i am a little insane and want more more more lol. Insanity has givin me such great results so far.
    I will admit tho that month 2 is rough!
  • mommak69
    Options
    I have completed one round of Insanity about 2 years ago and had great results with doing just the workouts. I just started a P90X/Insanity hybrid yesterday and I am definately feeling it!! :)
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Started today

I recently completed TurboFire - which I loved - and have heard that there's similarities in the intensity of the two (at least comparing the HIIT workouts in TurboFire and the longer cardio in TurboFire) so that's why I chose Insanity.

So Fit Test - *phew* - hard enough as it is. I don't have my results with me but definitely think there's room for improvement.

Bring it on!
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in the recovery week of my first time doing insanity.

Really liking it so far.... slowly getting better....some days :)

month 2 looks a little scary though, but i'll get there.
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow 'Insane' people! :) I'm on my first round of Insanity, into the 3rd week now. The workouts are challenging, to say the least, but I can feel my body changing and adapting each day!

For those who have done Insanity before, how do you find the 2nd phase of the programme? I don't consider myself to be an 'advanced' exerciser, or even an intermediate one...I'm still in the obese category, a few lbs away from the overweight zone. I only started exercising regularly 4 months ago. So far I'm slowly pushing myself to complete most of the circuits in the 1st phase, but still struggle with certain moves and have to take breaks quite frequently. Is the 2nd phase a 'huge' step up from the 1st? Do share your experiences so I can 'brace myself' mentally for when the time comes!

And special shoutout to Drblythe for inviting me to this group!! :D Thanks so much for the support and motivation!

-Mabel.
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've been doing Insanity for a few weeks- but my knees were KILLING me- so I gave myself a week off. They still hurt but I've decided I'm just going to have to push through it if I want to lose any weight.....

So today- I did my Fit Test (for the 3rd time) and even after a week off, I still did better this time around then the first time!
    After that, I started P90X- which I love! He's so personable!
    And in the next 10 minutes, I'm going to do Inanity Plyometric workout (that I normally would have left til tomorrow- but I'm going out to dinner tonight and I need the burn so I don't feel guilty eating)

Has anyone else been having knee issues?
  • fzia
    fzia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello yall,
    I finish round one on 11/06. I'm not so thrilled with my Insanity results. I only lost 7 pounds and a few inches. however i'm very proud that accomplish Insanity program, specially with my lower back arthritis. This is the toughest workout I have ever done! I'm planing to start round 2 week after thanksgiving 11/28.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Finished round 1 a couple weeks ago. Going into another round of only the max segments starting next week. What I didn't like was the floor switch kicks. Those suck. What I liked most, was the results and new level of intensity I was able to bring. Didn't know I had that in me:)
  • Sigma28
    Sigma28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm starting Insanity for the second or third time now. I can never progress beyond two or three weeks before life/excuses get in the way. I'm hoping by joining MFP that I can keep going. @ MaManeen Cal, I have knee issues too. I modify many of the steps so I get the aerobic benefit without the injury. For example, on the Heisman, I lift my leg waist high, like Shaun-T, but I don't add the plyo when I alternate to my other leg. Same thing with High Knees. I pretty much march in place, paying attention to my form, lifting my legs as high as Shaun, and as fast as I can. Jumping jacks don't bother my knees, but you can replace it with low jacks. These are just a few examples...I hope it helps!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second round of Insanity and started Asylum on November 2. I'm a runner, so do Asylum 5 days a week and run 1 day a very long run. I'm currently maintaining a half marathon distance weekly. I may also get a short run in during the week but try to keep it to one day to avoid injury. I'm loving asylum, more than I did Insanity.

My youngest also works out with me - he's 10 and rocked Insanity and is doing super on Asylum now too.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am waiting for Insanity to be delivered and I am really looking forward to it.
    What kind of results have people been getting?
    I am hoping to strengthen my core and get into bikini shape by the end of Feburary. I have a beach vacation planned and I want to look great!

I am pretty thin now ,16% body fat, I maintain it by running 30 -60 min a day and watching my calories. But I hope to be strong and toned!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I think I found the group for me! :smile:

I LOVE Insanity and completed 4 straight rounds of it. It is what I used to get started on my weightloss journey back in October, 2010. In the 8 months I did it straight I lost 51 lbs. and went down 5 dress sizes. I then moved on to Asylum and completed just one round of that. I started running (back in June) and thanks to Insanity ran 3 miles straight my first run ever in my life. I was training for a half marathon (which I completed last month) and used the Insanity 2nd month workouts or Asylum workouts on my cross training days.

I just really love the "sweat pouring off you, heart beating out of your chest, gasping for air craziness" that is Insanity so I haven't moved on to any other workouts. I am afraid I would get bored. Plus I LOVE Shaun T. and think he is a great motivating trainer.

Currently I run 4 days a week (4-5 miles each time) and do Insanity or Asylum on the other 2 days. I take one day of rest.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Kcmomof2, I am so impressed!!!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am waiting for Insanity to be delivered and I am really looking forward to it.
    What kind of results have people been getting?
    I am hoping to strengthen my core and get into bikini shape by the end of Feburary. I have a beach vacation planned and I want to look great!

I am pretty thin now ,16% body fat, I maintain it by running 30 -60 min a day and watching my calories. But I hope to be strong and toned!

You should have no problem getting into bikini shape by February if you follow the workout. I did not follow the meal plan, but did change my eating habits. I will never be able to wear a bikini thanks to my mammoth (10+ lb.at birth) son stretching me out, but that is just part of becoming a Mom (imo). Insanity really works and strengthens your whole core, well your whole.body really.