The ye ol' welcome post.

Options

Replies

• stlvulpix
    Options
    Hello! I've been a stranger on MFP for a while and I'm trying to get back with it. I'm also starting up Insanity again after a couple of weeks off. Not looking forward to gettin' my butt kicked but I love the program and can't wait to get fit again.

Feel free to add me! I'm a vegetarian and making my diary public for all to judge! lol :)
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just wrapped up my third week with the totally crazy cardio circuit. It's the only workout that I totally dread, but I love it when it's over! Glad I found this group to help me push play every day. Keep it up everybody!
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi everybody!! Nice to see so many new faces :)

Feel free to add me! I'm just finishing up month 1, got 3 more workouts to go and then recovery week!
  • lisididi
    lisididi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Group,
    I just started today, I am a P90X type of girl but I challenge myself to complete Insanity NOW.
    by the way, my baby is 4 months old and i think it is safe enough :happy:
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Newbie here!
    I start Monday 6th May and would love some new friends doing Insanity! :)
  • CarlFox1971
    Options
    Hi there

I am currently onto day 11 of the program and even tho i have managed to loose 1.5 inches of my waste its a struggle to stay focused as doing it alone so have come here for some morale support :)
  • helygirl
    helygirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity before and it has given me great results. I stopped the workout because I wasn't motivated anymore. Now I'm the biggest I've been in my life. :( I will be starting the program again from day 1 today. See how it will go.
  • lindseymariep
    lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just started Insanity Saturday, May 11th so I'm on Day 3 today! Saturday I did Plyometric to see if I would even like the program, which of course I did! So I did my Fit Test yesterday!

Today is Day 3 and I'm pumped to do this at work in our gym! Ready to stick to this program, but not sure about following the diet. I'm a health coach and know what to eat so I don't think it will be much of a problem. I think I'll incorporate some of the recipes, I already eat about 5 times a day so I have that part down. I'm hoping to lose some weight, but more than anything I'm just wanting to tone up!!
  • tiger12girl
    Options
    hi! I started day 1 of Insanity yesterdsay (may 19). This is my third or fourth time starting insanity but i've never gotten past day three due to soreness and a busy schedule. I'm in better shape this time around though and came here for some extra motivation to stick with it!
  • rwscribner
    rwscribner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on May 20. Today is my 3rd day and I am sooooo sore. I am having a hard time doing the excersises, but I will not give up.
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi! I started day 1 of Insanity yesterdsay (may 19). This is my third or fourth time starting insanity but i've never gotten past day three due to soreness and a busy schedule. I'm in better shape this time around though and came here for some extra motivation to stick with it!

Best of luck! You can do it! :)
  • kdthatsme
    kdthatsme Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am new to the group and new to insanity. I have completed 6 days, and have dropped 9 pounds. I coach basketball, volleyball, and softball at the high school level, and live a very active lifestyle. I am loving insanity so far, but it is killer on the ole knees.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I started Insanity yesterday (May 27) and completed day 2 this morning. This is our first time doing it. Sore but looking forward to change. We are doing the meal plan as well. If anyone is also in their first week, feel free to add me as a friend so we can battle through it together!
  • debrapatchett
    debrapatchett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity one year ago, it was really tough but I was so proud of myself and I couldn;t believe the fantastic results. Since completing I have continued to do the workouts but only three times a week. I tend to stick to the first four week programs as I found the final four week really tough. My favourite workouts are Pure Cardio, Core Cardio & Balance and Plyo. I plan to repeat the full program again this year. If you are thinking of starting Insanity but feel a little nervous, I would suggest trying a few different workouts from week 1. This will help you get used to the moves and the fast pace. I found that once my head was in the right place I was ready, and once I had completed it I had never been so proud of my accomplishment. Good luck to all those willing to give it a go, do your best and keep going or should I say, dig deep! For the record I am a 44 year old mum of two - anything is possible once you put your mind to it!
  • tlbakerjr
    tlbakerjr Posts: 1
    Options
    In week 7 of my insanity. Started at about 190 pounds, my weight hasn't moved at all. I've put in my all in these workouts. I feel better and think I look better. Really starting to struggle with sticking through this till the end, with no movement in body fat% either I don't quite understand why I am no seeing the results I want. I will do my best to finish these final two weeks out, and then probably go back to a more standard gym routine when Insanity is finished.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi there…fairly new to Insanity. I completed day 4 today (incl Fit Test) and am on to my first Pure Cardio work-out tomorrow. Did a preview so I know what to expect…and geez, does it look Insane!! Where in the heck are the water breaks? BA-nanas is right.

Glad that I've had some training with Jillian and Chalean prior, as I scored pretty well on the Fit Test and have yet to suffer from DOMS. Workouts are definitely a challenge so I'm excited to see progress and increase my endurance!

Goals are to tone and decrease BF%, so here's to digging deep!!!

Feel free to add me!
  • copastorsylvia
    Options
    Started on 7/1. I am also walking 2 miles/day. Insanity is hard! This is my third time starting. This is my first time finishing 1st week. Looking forward to resting tomorrow.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I started Insanity on Saturday, 7/6. It is crazy, but I feel so much better after a good, hard workout. I took my measurements and hoping to see some awesome results when I'm done. If it's that good, I may do it again :smile:
  • messyjessiy
    messyjessiy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey All-

Just started Insanity this morning and it is crazy. I'm hoping to see some awesome results and from everything i've read it seems to do the trick.
  • NeilyAnn
    NeilyAnn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im new to the group .. today I start the second month of insanity .. im a bit nervous not gunna lie lol.. we will see how I do in the fit test yikes! so far I have seen more definition even tho I only do it 5 days instead of the 6 days that is recommended. happy so far.