The ye ol' welcome post.

Options

Replies

• Spanntastic12
    Options
    I'm Micheal. I'm 29. I started Insanity at 227lbs and based on my measurements 30.65% body fat. I actually am on Day 50 of my Insanity the first time through. It definitely started out very difficult for me. But I've had great results so far and actually cannot wait to finish and redo the workout after a week or two off to relax. I have made myself proud by staying with it and to any of you who are starting out...if you do stay with it and follow the plan you will see excellent results!!!

I have an Insanity specific excel tracking chart a friend sent me if anyone is interested. Just add me as a friend and send me a message and I'll send it to you.
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    <
    (this is my insanity face, haha)

Hello everyone! My name is Michelle and I'm 29 years old for a few more weeks! I'm married and we have a kitty named Milo. I work full time as a 7th grade English teacher and part time as a sales rep. I love cheering my MFP friends on, but the effort has to be mutual. Feel free to add me. :)

I've been logging food and exercising since12/26/11. So far, I've lost 30 pounds, but I still have 10 to go. I want to become stronger and more toned as well. I don't go to the gym, so my exercise has been a group workout after school twice weekly with other teachers, my treadclimber at home, and eventually 30 Day Shred. I never did the shred daily, it was more like every other day. I've had busy times when I let myself go anywhere from four to seven days with no exercise and feel like a failure. No more!

Today is my first rest day, which means I've been insane for one week now! I was scared to start Insanity, but now I actually find the workouts to be fun. I love the fast-paced drills. I was never into sports, so it's all new and exciting for me. At first, I was so looking forward to a day off, but now I find myself kinda bummed that I can't workout today. I guess that's a good sign!

I'm excited to be a part of this group and look forward to supporting each other! :)
  • LD1996
    LD1996 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Laura, and I've been doing Insanity for about 5 weeks now. It has been difficult to do all 6 workouts a week, but I've managed to keep in the 4-5 workout/week range and can definitely feel a difference. I love this program, especially because it has remained a challenge the whole time.

I am about to begin the second month of workouts, and am a little nervous. I normally work out in the morning, but since the Insanity workouts are longer in the second month, I'm going to try to switch to evenings. I already have to wake up at 4:30 am to make time for the 35-45 min workouts, and that's enough of a challenge right there!

I look forward to becoming a part of this board, and hearing what you all have to say about the program!
  • chamusic357
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Charles. 33 years old. And determined to get into the best shape of my life by my 34th birthday (Sept. 7, 2012).

I've been a member of MFP for only a couple of weeks now, and I love the site, the groups, and common goals that we all share and are striving to attain.

Here's a quick summary of my quest so far:

April 1, 2012 - 186 lbs -- (gained almost 20 lbs in one year and 4 months after leaving my semi-pro dance troupe)
    July 1, 2012 - 178 lbs -- (shed some pounds through jogging, sporatic wt lifting and healthier diet)
    July 9, 2012 - 176 lbs -- (started INSANITY! and MFP :)
    July 15, 2012 - 173 lbs -- (pretty good first week, but workouts are kicking my butt)
    July 24, 2012 - 169 lbs -- (legs are stronger, clothes fit better, able to get through most of the workouts, sans pupil dilation and vibrating thighs (I love to hate to pulse exercises during cardio recovery :).
    July 31, 2012 - 165.4 lbs -- (starting to see upper abs and feeling great)

Currently on month 1, week 4, day 2, and I can't wait to start the max workouts.

After Insanity, I plan on continuing my lifelong journey towards healthy living by doing P90X/Insanity hybrid or Crossfit.

Keep up the great work people.

C'mon y'all LET'S GO-OOOOOOOOO!!!
  • laineeadair
    Options
    Hello to all! I'm obviously new here and ready to start my Insanity journey! I'm more interested in eating clean and building muscle than the number on the scale but I'm glad that with Insanity, you see changes in both! I'm looking for friends to help keep me motivated. I'm an Emergency Room Nurse and I work nights, which can make it difficult to eat right and get enough sleep but I'm determined! One question... does anyone know how to post pics in your personal blog post? I haven't figured it out and when I looked it up on the help area I didn't find an answer.
  • brazelmama
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer and I'm 32 years old for a few more weeks! I'll be 33 is September, sigh! I'm married and we have two children . I am currently in Nursing school so my time will soon be limited as I will be in class as of Aug 27th but I will continue to use MFP. Feel free to add me. :) I could use some motivation!!

So far, I've lost 5 pounds, but I still have 20 to go. I want to become stronger and more toned. Feeling very inspired by watching all the Olympians and their amazing physiques. I can and will be in the best shape of my life soon!!!

Today is my 50th day, which means I only have a week and a half left!!! Can't believe it. I was very scared to start insanity but I have pushed myself for over a month now and I really see a difference in my body. Just not as much in the scales (darn.) I have learned to really enjoyed the workouts. I'm excited to be a part of this group and look forward to supporting each other! :)
  • Chuycal
    Chuycal Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jesus, I'm 31 years old and live in Pendergrass, Georgia. I am on week 4 day 2 of INSANITY and I still can't keep up with the guys from the videos, but I'm getting there and really love the feeling after completing completing the workout. I work night shift so it is a bit of a challenge to me because I have 3 kids and I'm not always able to get the right amount of sleep needed, but I still have managed to lose some weight. I still have close to forty lbs to lose to reach my goal so feel free to add me on for support and I'll do the same, my username is chuycal. Have an awesome day!!! My profile pic was Day 1 of INSANITY.
  • tommy70817
    Options
    Hi! Tommy Doran from Baton Rouge here. I'm 47 years old and I lost 80 pounds with P90X, Insanity and Shakeology. I'm now a Team Beachbody Coach, and I'm getting ready to start a round of Insanity following 21 days and a week off from the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. My goal centers on getting lean and more defined, so weight loss is not my primary focus, but as a result of getting leaner, that will happen.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi there, 32yo Dude from Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Europe.

I was a heavy smoker of tabacco and weed, heavy drinker and a junkfood junk.

Quitted everything on august 6th 2012 and started doing hiphop abs mixed with Turbo Jam in the mornings and insanity in the evenings.

5ft7 starting just under 220 pounds, Busy with my second week, and had some terrible urges and cravings for everhything i quitted with but havent cheated on anything.

I only drink water and green tea and eat as healthy as possible, 5x a time (my own plan)

Busy with my second week insanity and i find insanity very very heavy, although i cant do all exercises (broke both my color bones in a car accident) i give it my all and the stuff i can't do i switch a different exercise, man i never sweat so much.

I am planning 60 days x2, it looks so far away atm i hope i can finish that :)

Feel free to add :)
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently got Insanity and plan to start it come Fall. I am wanting to change my fitness level by my 40th b-day in Dec.
    Wish me luck and good job to those doing it!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well good luck then cause you will need it lol
  • jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started Insanity on 8-14-12, a day after turning 41 (ouch). I've been on MFP for a while now and had lost 8 pounds, but hit a plateau, so I got Brazil Butt Lift and Insanity to shake things up and jump start things again. My last "baby" is just starting college, and I want to be the fun, healthy, active mom and wife whose body is still up for the craziness she can put it through without giving out. You know the saying about skidding in sideways at the end of your life?
    Stats are:
    H: 5' 0"
    SW: 138
    CW: 132 (gained 2 pounds since starting Insanity - WTH??)
    GW: 115-120ish

Please add me if we share similar goals!
  • alexfittin
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alex Fittin. I am 22 years old and just got married in June. I started INSANITY to look better in my wedding dress a few months ago and have gained everything back post-wedding :(. I am starting over with attempts to drop 32 pounds and 2 sizes. I'm not interested in being a sickly-looking skinny girl, but am VERY interested in getting FIT! I am not following the meal plan exactly because I am weird and don't like very many vegitables but I am cooking mainly healthy meals that I can find calorie counts on and trying to be dedicated to balancing my diet. Good luck out there!
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Chantel today will be my day 3 of Insanity and I want to say I think Sean T is crazy but I'm hoping for big results I plan on following the nutrition plan starting next week to give me time to go grocery shopping this weekend... anyone else just starting out?
  • emilynicole105
    emilynicole105 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my second round of insanity... but a year and a half a part. I lost 30 lbs the first time to get ready for my wedding. I got so many compliments on how hot I looked and how ripped my arms and back were. It was nice. I got pregnant on the honeymoon, and now Addy is 8months old, and I still have 29 lbs to lose. SO, I know what works. I'm on day two. Loving it already.
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    *waves* hello! I'm an Insantiy newbie but most recently I have done Turbofire and decided it was time to step it up a gear. I have two months before a holiday in Egypt so finding out Insanity was a 60 day programme it seemed perfect timing! I am however pretty scared of starting Insanity it definitely looks challenging!! Any advice/support around getting started welcome!
  • jkilborne
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 2 of Insanity. It is kickin' my butt but I love it!! I have noticed significant improvements in my health and appearance already! Can't wait to keep going!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started today. I did the fit test and then the plyometric cardio circuit. I was a little sweaty!:happy:
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I was wondering...

I will start Insanity tomorrow (fit test). I will do Sundays to fridays ( i need saturdays off for my kids etc).
    The problem is that my work schedules is never the same....
    I also go twice a week at my martial arts class (hapkido) .... very intense.
    One day out of two i'm off so I could do Insanity in the morning and go to my class at night BUT.....the other day.... i start work early and come home to change and go straight to my class....I'll be too tired after a day of work + my 1h30 class to do it for sure.

So I was wondering if it's so bad if I skip insanity once a week and replace it with my class. I would count the dates instead of the days. I would not stop my cardio, just modified once a week. That's all I can think of and I want to do it bad.

Or I could do two workouts in the day before or after my class to compensate?

Any advice?
  • 1roseKATgb
    Options
    :smile: :Hi!
    I'm new to this group but I'm on month 2 starting week 2 of Insanity tomorrow! I 'm gonna do another round ob Insanity after I finish month 2 and do 1 week of recovery before I graduate to Asylum. I'm having good results so far!!:bigsmile: