What part of OC?

Options
MomOfRose
MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
To get the ball rolling and hopefully find new workout buddies, let's each list where we live. Include the nearest "landmark" if possible. I'll start: I'm in Orange, within the Plaza/Circle/Old Towne Orange.

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Your group is so lonely, I joined to keep you company! We must live pretty close, I'm south of old town - off cambridge.
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was so glad to see a Group of MFPers near where I live. I live in Anaheim Hills right above where the 55 and 91 come together and am a member of LA Fitness on Santiago Canyon Rd. I work in Irvine in an office building near John Wayne Airport and also am a member of Sports Club LA (now part of Equinox). When I do a morning workout it's at La Fitness -- I love the 9:45 am Saturday Kickboxing Cardio class taught by Pierre Pasa. He is fantastic! I also take classes after work at the Sports Club amd work with a trainer there once a week. I have been using MFP for about five months. I also just lost 62 pounds through the weight management program at UCI. I feel great and enjoy using MFP and meeting new friends. I hope to make some new friends through this group!
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in Aliso Viejo and belong to the 24-hour fitness on Pacific Park/Aliso Creek. :)
  • tameko2
    Options
    I was so glad to see a Group of MFPers near where I live. I live in Anaheim Hills right above where the 55 and 91 come together and am a member of LA Fitness on Santiago Canyon Rd. I work in Irvine in an office building near John Wayne Airport and also am a member of Sports Club LA (now part of Equinox). When I do a morning workout it's at La Fitness -- I love the 9:45 am Saturday Kickboxing Cardio class taught by Pierre Pasa. He is fantastic! I also take classes after work at the Sports Club amd work with a trainer there once a week. I have been using MFP for about five months. I also just lost 62 pounds through the weight management program at UCI. I feel great and enjoy using MFP and meeting new friends. I hope to make some new friends through this group!

What's the weight management program at UCI?
  • MomOfRose
    Options
    Yeah, not too far away! My daughter and I love walking to the Plaza to grab a drink at Starbucks, eat at Tokyo Cafe and browse the shops!
  • MomOfRose
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! My folks live near the 91 and Glassell. I work in Santa Ana, near the post office on Sunflower. I don't belong to any gyms, but workout at home with my daughter and we walk to stores, restaurants and church whenever we can.
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What's the weight management program at UCI?

The UCI Weight Mnanagement program involves weight loss programs using products by HMR. http://www.weight.uci.edu/programs.asp

There are three varieties -- Decision Free, which is required to be medically supervised (and the one I did), and which involves using the HMR protein shakes, cereal (oatmeal) and entrees only and results in a very rapid weigt loss; Healthy Solutions, which adds fruits and vegetables to the HMR prducts plus a weekly class, and At Home (Healthy Solutions done at home). After you lose the weight, you transition to Phase 2 which is maintenance, where you learn strategoes to keep the weight off for good.

I started April 15 and have lost 62 pounds, which is at least ten more than my goal. I went from a size 16 to a size 4 in less than six months. I have been in Phase 2 since August. I highly recommend it. If you are interested, check out their website (link above). They have free information sessions you can attend which explain the program options and let you taste the food.

It has been a life saver for me. Not only did I lose all that weight, I went off all medication, solved my high blood pressure problems and lowered my cholesterol by more than 100 points.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Wow Jo, 62lbs since April is amazing. I've been doing this since June and I am down 33. I really can't do diets myself as I hate diet food and shakes and things. But my boyfriend was asking me about one so i'll at least pass that along.

I have about 20 -30 moreto lose I think. Not really sure yet, I want to get to 20% BF (should be around 150) and see where I'm at then. I'm guessing I won't be satisfied there although that is fairly low so I might be.
  • jdleadley
    Options
    Hello! Happy to be a part of the OC crowd here on MFP. I live in Anaheim near Ball Rd and the 57 fwy, not too far from Angel Stadium. Currently I work out at Planet Fitness in Anaheim off of Lincoln Ave. Looking forward to adding to the discussion on here as time permits :-)
  • tameko2
    Options
    Hello! Happy to be a part of the OC crowd here on MFP. I live in Anaheim near Ball Rd and the 57 fwy, not too far from Angel Stadium. Currently I work out at Planet Fitness in Anaheim off of Lincoln Ave. Looking forward to adding to the discussion on here as time permits :-)

I've been thinking about dropping my 24 hour membership and switching to snap fitness (there's oen that just opened on Chapman and Tustin) which is advertising 10/month --- soooo much cheaper than 24. I mean less features and no group classes but thats a LOT of money.

How do you like planet fitness? I suppose that would be a bit far for me on weeknights though
  • ssj2gohan_5050
    ssj2gohan_5050 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    not really from the OC but SGV. not really that far off lol, and i didnt see a group closer to me.
  • tameko2
    Options
    not really from the OC but SGV. not really that far off lol, and i didnt see a group closer to me.

That's close enough, my boyfriend's dad lives out in Azusa which always feels much closer than visiting his mom in rancho cucamonga (although I don't think its relaly that much closer)
  • ssj2gohan_5050
    ssj2gohan_5050 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

That's close enough, my boyfriend's dad lives out in Azusa which always feels much closer than visiting his mom in rancho cucamonga (although I don't think its relaly that much closer)

im in baldwin park. my girl friend lives in costa mesa. so im back and forth lol
  • jdleadley
    Options
    Hey, if you do check out snap fitness over there on Chapman/Tustin, let me know how it is, ok? I'm thinking of switching clubs because Planet Fitness, although fairly clean and well kept, is just OK in my opinion. The majority of the machines are almost always being used when I go there after work, so that means long wait times just to get a workout in. Snap is on my way home from work (I work in Irvine near the airport) so that would be super convenient. :smile:
  • tameko2
    Options
    Hey, if you do check out snap fitness over there on Chapman/Tustin, let me know how it is, ok? I'm thinking of switching clubs because Planet Fitness, although fairly clean and well kept, is just OK in my opinion. The majority of the machines are almost always being used when I go there after work, so that means long wait times just to get a workout in. Snap is on my way home from work (I work in Irvine near the airport) so that would be super convenient. :smile:

i got the name wrong - its fitness 19 over there, Snap fitness is on Katella. Fitness 19 is BRAND new (months old) so its very clean and hte equipment is all super new. Its very cheap (10 bucks a month) but the hours are somewhat limited -- I think it would be fine if you stop in after work but I only checked in on a weekend so I haven't seen what the after work crowd looks like yet.

Machine wise it has a good basic selection of everything, free weights and machines, and is heavily weighted towards cardio machines - absolute MILES of cardio machines. I need to stop off there sometime after work and see what the crowd is like but I think I've decided not to go with them yet because we are often late night workout-ers and the schedules might not work for us.

They send around flyers all the time for 10 dollar enrollment + 10 dollars a month so if you go in and decide to sign up make sure you mention that.
  • cynfullcyn
    cynfullcyn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i'm in Irvine by SNA
  • momof3inmv
    Options
    I live in Mission Viejo. I belong to 24 hour fitness and when I go (hasn't been very often) it is usually to the Ladera Ranch location. I am just really starting out with MFP - had the app for a long time but never really used it.

Want to build a support group of MFP friends to work with in my weight loss journey!
  • tameko2
    Options
    I live in Mission Viejo. I belong to 24 hour fitness and when I go (hasn't been very often) it is usually to the Ladera Ranch location. I am just really starting out with MFP - had the app for a long time but never really used it.

Want to build a support group of MFP friends to work with in my weight loss journey!

If you want to get moving, try just walking outside every day for a few weeks. I hate going to the gym, I only use it when its raining or I want some equipment I don't have at home.
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in South OC, in RSM. I usually walk and go to the gym. I also did the HMR weight loss at UCI and lost about 28 pounds. I have kept about 16 of those pounds off. It's a very good program. I am now trying to get in shape for a trip to Europe next summer. Good luck to all!
  • Blasian29
    Options
    I am in Old Towne Orange. I love to walk! Always looking for new walking buddies!