What part of OC?

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I am in Old Towne Orange. I love to walk! Always looking for new walking buddies!

Yay that's our third in the old town area! I haven't been walking much lately - been focusing on strength and running - but I think adding a long walk on the weekend would maybe help my running so I'm considering adding one back. Where do you like to walk?
  • Blasian29
    Options
    I love walking to and around the Circle, Chapman College. I love the atmosphere.
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and live in Seal Beach. I am trying this again and have at least 80 pounds to loose :sad: . My 30th class reunion is October 2012.
    :flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and live in Seal Beach. I am trying this again and have at least 80 pounds to loose :sad: . My 30th class reunion is October 2012.

Lucky, we love seal beach. We like orange too though!
  • USCErin
    Options
    I'm a member of LA Fitness Anaheim Hills, is that the one you are talking about? It is on Santa Ana Canyon Rd. I like the Body Works class on Tue/Thur at 9:45a. Mon/Wed is elliptical and Saturday is hopefully a trip up the 'mountain' behind my house in East Yorba Linda or another trip to LA Fitness.

My husband just bought a rowing machine because my oldest daughter is on the rowing team at Auburn U in AL, but he is trying to use it when he isn't able to run because of weather. I've not tried it yet, but might make that my Saturday workout.

When I used MFP religiously back between March and July of 2011 I lost about 11 pounds, but then got to thinking I could do it on my own and slowly gained most of it back... :-(

Encouragement is always good to keep me on schedule.
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's the LA Fitness I go to. I can't make weekday classes or late mornings because I work in Irvine. I do like the Body Works Plus class Sunday mornings at 8:30 am. If you ever want a real change, try the Cardio Kickboxing on Saturday at 9:45 am Pierre is the best instructor and you will have tons of fun!

I have now lost 68 pounds and gone below my lowest goal number so I have a few pounds to play with, so to speak. My goal for 2012 is to maintain my weight loss, figure out the right calories level to do that given a very active exercise program (usually 6 days a week) and increase my core strength and defined muscle tone, especially on my arms. I find the weight sculpting classes at Sports Club LA/Irvine (now Equinox) to be really good for that as well as my weekly trainer session. Of course, MFP is an essential part of the equation. I have now used it for about 235 days in a row and am going for a full year and beyond.

Happy 2012 to everyone. Wishing us all a year filled with health and happiness!
  • kellsma
    kellsma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I live in Lake Forest and go to Total Woman Gym in Laguna Hills. I have also been adding walks with a friend, We now do Lake Mission Viejo, Salt Creek Beach and Laguna Niguel Regional Park. Try to get in two workouts per day a few days per week. 2 weeks at doing this so far. Love the support here.
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    I'm over in Anaheim, near Ball Rd. I'm a member at the Planet Fitness on Katella, it's usually pretty empty there so I enjoy it. Anyone know of any good/challenging places to hike in the OC area?
  • jdleadley
    Options
    I'm over in Anaheim, near Ball Rd. I'm a member at the Planet Fitness on Katella, it's usually pretty empty there so I enjoy it. Anyone know of any good/challenging places to hike in the OC area?

hi neighbor... I'm in Anaheim too, off the 57 and Ball Rd. I go to the *other* Planet Fitness, over on Lincoln/ St College. I'm not sure what level hiking trails you are looking for, but two I enjoy are Laguna Coast Wilderness Park and Santiago Oaks Regional Park. The first one has a few challenging trails and has nice views over a wide area. Santiago is much smaller and has easier trails, more low key and relaxing. All depends on what you are comfortable with I guess.
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I love to hike in OC. I don't know if you've heard of meetup.com, but if you google it and go to to their site, you can search groups and find an OC Hiking club that hikes all over. I like it because it's not a 'singles' thing or a 'couples' thing. It's just a good way to find new trails in a safe group environment. The group has hikes of all levels so if you're a beginner or an expert, there's something for you. I like to hike Whiting Ranch, Morro Canyon, Oneil Park, and Peter's Canyon. I've also hiked up to Holy Jim Falls and all the way up Santiago Peek.:)
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options

hi neighbor... I'm in Anaheim too, off the 57 and Ball Rd. I go to the *other* Planet Fitness, over on Lincoln/ St College. I'm not sure what level hiking trails you are looking for, but two I enjoy are Laguna Coast Wilderness Park and Santiago Oaks Regional Park. The first one has a few challenging trails and has nice views over a wide area. Santiago is much smaller and has easier trails, more low key and relaxing. All depends on what you are comfortable with I guess.

That's not too far at all! And thank you, I was definitely looking at Laguna Coast, I've just yet to go. I hadn't heard about Santiago Oaks though, and I'm thinking that it may be a better place to start! Thank you so much for the info!
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options

I love to hike in OC. I don't know if you've heard of meetup.com, but if you google it and go to to their site, you can search groups and find an OC Hiking club that hikes all over. I like it because it's not a 'singles' thing or a 'couples' thing. It's just a good way to find new trails in a safe group environment. The group has hikes of all levels so if you're a beginner or an expert, there's something for you. I like to hike Whiting Ranch, Morro Canyon, Oneil Park, and Peter's Canyon. I've also hiked up to Holy Jim Falls and all the way up Santiago Peek.:)

This also sounds quite interesting, I may just have to check it out! Back when I was living in SF we had a lot of groups like this but they tended to be more geared towards singles, which I do not like. I will definitely check this out, thank you :]
  • CynzCandles
    CynzCandles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I live in Santa Ana by South Coast Plaza. My challenge is that I work in Paramount (leave early & get home late) I've been walking with my hubby & daughter and doing home workouts. I am thinking of joining a Team in Training group to further motivate me- just not sure how to fit it all in
  • BeautySansTheBS
    Options

That's my gym! I'm right nearby :D My goal is to start going after work during the week--once I get home, I'll never leave!
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options

I do feel lucky, been walking on the beach these warm winter evenings.

[img][/img]6772777389_6e2ce88083_m.jpg
    Sunset by lbccphotomom, on Flickr
  • jdleadley
    Options

I do feel lucky, been walking on the beach these warm winter evenings.

[img][/img]6772777389_6e2ce88083_m.jpg
    Sunset by lbccphotomom, on Flickr

Seal beach with Long Beach in the background. Awesome pic, been there many times watching that same sunset. Gotta love California in January!
  • jdleadley
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I live in Santa Ana by South Coast Plaza. My challenge is that I work in Paramount (leave early & get home late) I've been walking with my hubby & daughter and doing home workouts. I am thinking of joining a Team in Training group to further motivate me- just not sure how to fit it all in

Hello!

Glad to see another O.C. member on board! Our list is small, but growing. Yep, balancing the time issue is a tough one, but it sounds as if you are very determined, so you will find a way I'm sure :-) Feel free to drop me a line on here or add me as a friend if you need any help!

-- John
  • getnfit4life
    getnfit4life Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I live in eastside Costa Mesa... walking distance from Triangle Square. 40 yr. female, member of 24 hour fitness, bicycle Newport Back Bay on the weekends and just started 30day shred with friend from work… in pursuit of GOOD HEALTH...I started a new diet on New Years. With a goal of getting back into my skinny jeans, I'm well on my way and 30 more lbs to go! WOO HOO! I contribute my success with the tools MFP provides. Also, two of my coworkers are doing it with me. It's been great!

I would like to further build up a good support group here on MFP…. It’s great to see fellow OC peeps. :wink:
    12128284.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • getnfit4life
    getnfit4life Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • arnsooc
    arnsooc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also in South OC and work out at the 24 Hour Fitness is Ladera Ranch, SJC and occasionally RSM.