What part of OC?

Options

Replies

• OCGeoff
    Options
    Hello- I'm a newbie here... I also live in Anaheim, near State College/Lincoln. I've joined gyms on and off over the years, but decided to do the home gym thing this time...so far, so good. In addition to finding some balance in healthy eating and exercise, I'm also trying to wrangle the nicotine monster...working out helps. I like this app so far.
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    I am in Aliso and I have a home gym and bike. Does anyone know a good Zumba class?

Friend me, if you would like support!
  • OCmama87
    Options
    I'm new here and in Rancho Santa Margarita :-)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    hi new folks! go to the other thread and tell us what you're doing for your diet/exercise!

(OCGeoff - how's that smoking addiction coming?)
  • zcstar
    zcstar Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in Orange near where the 22 Fwy and the 55 Fwy meet. No gyms yet - but I walk at lunch most days at work in Newport Beach. My husband and I have hiked Santiago Oaks before and we love it. We also love hiking in Corona at the beach - beautiful! Good luck to everyone!!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm in Orange near where the 22 Fwy and the 55 Fwy meet. No gyms yet - but I walk at lunch most days at work in Newport Beach. My husband and I have hiked Santiago Oaks before and we love it. We also love hiking in Corona at the beach - beautiful! Good luck to everyone!!!

I don't go there myself but the fitness 19 on tustin and chapman is only 10 dollars a month - way cheaper than 24 hour fitness although 24 hour fitness has classes and you can go to multiple locations. but still, Fitness 19 might be a good way to test it out and see if you like it. Can't recall what their strength equipment looked like - I think it was kind of limited but they had a crapton of cardio machines.
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi! New here. I live in Irvine (Quail Hill area). Feel free to add me anyone! :)
  • Elheffe99
    Elheffe99 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've toyed around on this website a few times and it seems I've been sticking to it fairly well this third time. I don't know anyone that uses it and thought it might be more motivating to have some one or people to be some what accountable too. I live in Laguna beach, about 4 blocks from downtown/main beach area. I don't currently have a membership to a gym. In my previous life (ha ha) I did triathlons, but when I got divorced by my world got pretty upside down and that stopped. I'm currently running and trying to make healthy choices when it comes to food. How is everyone?
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!!!
    I'm in Anaheim, work in Westminster, and i work out at 24hr fitness Orange or Westminster.
  • run_Rick_run
    Options
    I am in Huntington Beach, Beach Boulevard and Yorktown Street. Its nice to see that there is a group for the OC.
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I hope a lot of you are still here despite your intro posts being months ago. If you are, please send me a friend request!

I'm Anna, and I currently work and live in Irvine right by the airport (right on Jamboree and Michelson, to be a little more exact). I don't belong to any gyms because my apartment complex has a ridiculous amount of fitness-related amenities, but if I could afford one, there are tons of gyms right around here.

Even though I spend a lot of time right here in my tiny bubble around the airport, I do go out to Huntington Beach from time to time to help my boyfriend who works at Mr. Pickles Sandwich Shop (Beach and Warner), and I'm also out in Mission Viejo once a week to play soccer.
  • Dtm3000
    Dtm3000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Downtown Huntington Beach

23023877.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ginnyesq
    Options
    I live in Anheim (but close to Orange and Garden Grove - In between the Block and Gardenwalk). I work in the South Coast Metro area. Friend requests welcome!
  • adrcerv
    adrcerv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    woohooo

Exercise buddies!

I'm in Anaheim and I'm excited to see people near me who are working on the same thing I am.

I'm close to Euclid and Lincoln.
  • nyxgoldstone
    nyxgoldstone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm kinda reviving this thread, huh? LoL I'm in Santa Ana right about where the 22, 5, 55, and 57 all meet.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I live in Irvine and work in Rancho Santa Margarita. I love to run but have been out of the loop and started gaining what I lost. I recently lost 124 but now I can only claim to have lost 80 since I have gained some back from over the summer. Looking for some friends and gym suggestions. I moved out here from Colorado where I was really active and since I have moved here have been nothing but a loaf. Anyone around me is welcome to add me, would love a workout buddy with a flexible schedule since mine is so flip floppy.
  • ajmiller1987
    ajmiller1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone is still really using this group...

I currently live in Garden Grove right off of the 405/22 interchange. I typically workout at the 24 Hour Fitness in Cypress (on Katella), but sometimes in Orange if I go with a friend that lives out there. I should really do more cardio, but I mostly tend to lift when I'm there and usually go 3-4 days a week if anyone is interested.
  • melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It seems to be a slow board, but I wanted to add in case anyone is still checking. I am in Irvine. I go to 24 hour fitness (walking distance from me!) and try to use my area for walking/jogging. If anyone is in the area I would be happy to add a workout buddy every once in a while :)
  • Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i'm in south orange county, south or the Spectrum and north of San Clem. i love biking along Dana Point to San Clemente. looking for other amteur cyclists.
  • Jaxie1231
    Jaxie1231 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in Brea. Glad to see a group of OC'ers!