Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    New here, but lived in and around the nashville area since 79. Loving this site so far, hope to lose around 30 pounds!
  • ttodd1163
    Options
    Hey Ya'll....I'm in West TN and have lived here all my life. I recently hit the 50 yr old mark and recently quit smoking. I guess better late than never. I have joined FightShop here in Jackson and I loooooove it. Kickboxing. Warming up with some cross fitness and then to the bags with punches and kicks throwing in sprawls, squats, etc in between punches. Beginning to start running. That's going to be while after 29 years of smoking. Just want to get my health back.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in Marshall County. I moved here in 1995 to marry my husband. I have lived in many states, but as of last year could finally say I have lived in one house for 10 years! This has been a difficult winter for a girl who likes to be outdoors!
  • GeekyMommy528
    GeekyMommy528 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've lived in East Tennessee my whole life. I'm from the Clinton/Oak Ridge area. I'm 28 years old and a single mom to an 8 year old son. He's definitely my inspiration to get healthy. :)
  • Kirouacc
    Kirouacc Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Craig - I moved to TN last September out of Wisconsin (although I'm originally from Detroit!) Nice to meet everyone!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hi Craig, What part of Wi did you live in? I lived in Neshkoro aprox. 45 miles west of Oshkosh.
  • kira80
    kira80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. My name is Shelley. I live in Chattanooga. I'm just now using the actual site and realizing all the forums. lol
  • DixieD79
    DixieD79 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi! My name is Dixie! I was sleeved 3/18 and live in east TN in the beautiful Smoky Mountains! I'm looking forward to using this site daily to stay on track and meet others with similar goals. :-)
  • LosingItWithGod
    Options
    Hi I live in Carthage Tn. Been on here 8 days. I have close to 3 years before my goal is met to be at 149.06 lbs. I want to lose 2 lbs a week, 8.6 lbs a month, 104 lbs a year and 312 lbs in 3 years.
  • beakers322014
    beakers322014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name Brianna and I moved here in December 2005. I love it here! I live in Bartlett, TN. I'm not a big city girl, so Bartlett really works for me and I'm close to Memphis, so if I do want to go to the city, I'm not far away. I used to live in Florida but my family and I got tired of the hurricanes and the really hot weather. I'm loving the fact that we actually get four seasons up here =)
  • shan2885
    shan2885 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all. I just joined myfitnesspal and am looking for others in the Tn area to work and talk with. Maybe even someone or ones in the Memphis area that would like to work out together?
  • steph232014
    Options
    Hi...my name is Steph. I am 43 years old and recently single again after the death of my boyfriend. I have 2 teenage boys. I quit smoking 5 months ago and have managed to maintain my weight but really want to get healthy and fit once and for all.
    I have been sporadically used MFP but really hope to train myself to use it everyday as a tool to long term success.
    Would love a pal in the Jackson area to correspond with.

Wish me luck !!
  • rockybrat71
    Options
    Chattanooga TN representing. New home of the Chattanooga Ironman!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Chattanooga TN representing. New home of the Chattanooga Ironman!

I love Chattanooga! I'm from Memphis, but try to get to Chattanooga several times a year.
  • jafacct6778
    jafacct6778 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am originally from Staten Island, NY but have been living near Memphis most of my life. I am looking to become more active.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I guess I am wondering if any one still looks at this group, but I am Carole. Been in TN for my entire 34.25 years.
  • melaniepp71
    melaniepp71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I live in Bartlett, TN and been living here since 2010. I love it!
  • SepticZumbaGirl
    SepticZumbaGirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :) just found this group...shortly after figuring out that MPF had groups xD
    Anyway! I'm a Chattanooga transplant from West TN since this July and loving it to death so far and will be likely where I put down roots for myself. Anyway, I'm 28 years old, a loving dog mom, and a Zumba fanatic - feel free to add me but just say you came from here if you do :)
  • crossrw
    crossrw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Rob from Nashville and doping some pounds and changing my diet after my Partner had a Quad Bypass we are on the low sodium diet and trying to make healthy choices. Like to jog so if there is anybody in the Sugar valley area that want to meet up for short jogs please hit me up. I belonged to the Nolensville Running Club but not that active anymore
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I moved to TN (near Dyersburg) for a work transfer in June. I'm a carnivore (i.e. I don't eat plants... this is different than the "Ron Swanson" type carnivore that eats baked potatoes and is doing it wrong), type 1 diabetic, and a runner.

Since I've moved to this region, I've signed up for some races already in the general area so I can knock off more states for marathons. Here are the marathons I plan to run (I would love to meet fellow runners in TN or elsewhere):
    9/1 - Tupelo Marathon -Tupelo, MS
    9/21 - Air Force Marathon - Dayton, OH
    10/13 - Chicago Marathon - Chicago, IL
    11/3 - Marshall University Marathon - Huntington, WV
    11/9 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon - Indianapolis, IN
    11/10 - Louisville Marathon - Louisville, KY
    12/7 - St. Jude Memphis Marathon - Memphis, TN
    12/14 - Rocket City Marathon - Huntsville, AL
    12/31 - New Year's Double Day 1 - Allen, TX
    1/19 - Louisana Marathon - Baton Rouge, LA
    2/9 - Donna Marathon - Jacksonville, FL
    4/18 - Blue Ridge Marathon - Roanoke, VA

Even though it is a bit of a drive, I've found that I really enjoy going to Memphis on weekends and running at Shelby Farms Park. Meeman Shelby State Forest also seems a pretty good place to run. I'm open to other suggestions of beautiful and fun places to run.