Getting to know you

Options
Tmbrooks75
Tmbrooks75 Posts: 182 Member
I am kinda new around here and dont know most of you. So how about a introduction to the Awesome Sauce team.

I am Trevor from Vermont. I have a 6 year old son. Work as a pharmacy technician in a hospital. Lost approx 75 lbs from my heaviest weight. Signed up to run as part of a charity team in a marathon next May.

How about you?

Replies

• JThomas61
    Options
    Howdy...I am Jeff or JT...I am 50 and have lost 79 pounds...from 248 to 169. I live in Texas and I live and breath fitness and MFP
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm Sherri...live in Pittsburgh and I've lost 20 pounds and have discovered a love of running. I'm also an MFP addict. :laugh:
  • resqueff
    resqueff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Yall :) I'm Guy from Waynesboro, PA I have lost 25 pounds so far and want to lose another 25 while building muscle. I am a Father of 2 great kids and looking forward to staying healthy so I can play with Them and keep up as them as They get older. lol
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My Name is Rachel and I am 33yrs old.. I am From Powdersville, South Carolina...I am a very proud mommy of 3 Beautiful Babies and a Angel In Heaven.. I started my Journey Many Many years ago but never followed it thru till this last time, which was in November 2010 after I had My 3rd child.. I was a whopping 312lbs in November..I was a sz 28((5x)) and I am currently a sz 10((medium)) So I am a happy girl!!!! So now you can get a feel of who I am and How I have taken up and I am achieving my Goals.. the big thing is Obviously, I am physically different from the way I was, but I am emotionally different too. Physically, I can exercise for hours, I can run, clothes fit me, I have muscles, I am strong. But I think the bigger changes, for me, have been the emotional ones, I struggle with these daily and I know this will continue for a while, But I am a fighter and will Not give up on myself or any of my AMAZING MFP Family... Love All My "Awesome Sauce Peeps" ~Rachel~

BTW~ I am A Huge South Carolina "Gamecocks" Fan.. Woot.. Woot.. "Gooooooo *kitten*"
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    My Name is Rachel and I am 33yrs old.. I am From Powdersville, South Carolina...I am a very proud mommy of 3 Beautiful Babies and a Angel In Heaven.. I started my Journey Many Many years ago but never followed it thru till this last time, which was in November 2010 after I had My 3rd child.. I was a whopping 312lbs in November..I was a sz 28((5x)) and I am currently a sz 10((medium)) So I am a happy girl!!!! So now you can get a feel of who I am and How I have taken up and I am achieving my Goals.. the big thing is Obviously, I am physically different from the way I was, but I am emotionally different too. Physically, I can exercise for hours, I can run, clothes fit me, I have muscles, I am strong. But I think the bigger changes, for me, have been the emotional ones, I struggle with these daily and I know this will continue for a while, But I am a fighter and will Not give up on myself or any of my AMAZING MFP Family... Love All My "Awesome Sauce Peeps" ~Rachel~
    Im emotional too and I love ur inspiration, Im just not where u are...yet
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    My name is Kim.I'm 39 y/o.Born and raised in Richmond VA. married to Rob for 11 years now. Hes in the NAVY.We are stationed at Newport RI.,live in Middletown RI. Have 4 boys(20,9,7&4)and 2 cats.lol so far I lost 27lbs. since Feb. want to lose 33 more pounds to hit my goal weight. back in August I started the c25k and completed it now this week I'm working on the bridge to 10k plan.my highest weight was 184 current weight is 158lbs and goal weight is 125lbs.almost 12 years ago when i met my husband i was a whooping 99lbs. had been skinny all my life but it finally caught up to me.one day at 184lbs i was going up a flight of stairs when i reached the top i was out of breathe that was my wake up call.now i can up up those stairs no problem.found mfp 99 days ago tomorrow will be my 100th day..well that's the run down hope I didn't bored ya too much..lol
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Denae, I live in Louisville KY and I have lost 15 pounds with MFP. I am shooting for another 5 more, but my body is giving it up slow. I love MFP!!!! I am attracted to this group because of carolinamomma3's positivity which I love!!!!! I am a vegetarian with an occasional sushi habit, a yoga lover, and a woman dedicated to improving my heart, mind, and body in that order. I am very family oriented and married to an awesome man and I am here to support YOU!!!!!!
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    YO!!! Im Peter, Im 26 years old from Rochester NY.. I started about 2 months ago when i noticed my clothes just weren't fitting and I could not eat what i wanted to any more and suffer consequences. i have been going through a lot of personal issues as of late and wanted to transform my life. so i thought to myself what better way to start then with my body.

I am a fan of fine wine and cigars. I recently got back into reading for pleasure. Currently work 2 jobs to help pay off the school loans FU 1% go out get a job and be productive! haha. i love watching movies and anything on History or discovery channel...and oh yeah HUGE BUFFALO BILLS FAN!! EHH EHHH EHH HEY!!!!

Im about half way to my goal and its in largely part due to the awesome support here. YOU ALL MAKE ME FEEL GREAT!!! I dont know you all I will probably never meet you all but from the bottom of my heart I love you all for helping me on this journey. You will never know the impact you all have had...for that..
    Thank you
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Kelly, 53, from Colfax, Iowa and joined MFP in June and so far have lost 37lbs.
    I have been on many diets and once back in 2000 lost about 75lbs, but not long after that it began coming back on and boy did it, plus more, after I got injured on the job and wrecked my low back (2002). I was DX with fibromyalgia during that period also. The meds I was put on made me gain even more weight.
    I am a Christian and prayed and prayed about this and one day last summer the Lord just took control and He has been directing my steps and showing me what I should and shouldn't be eating and how to stop the sugar cravings, as I am a sugar addict.
    He helped me quit smoking going on 5 years now and with that was more weight gain.
    He has shown just how very important physical activity is. I zero desire to do any of that at all, but now I water jog and work out on the treadmill for 80 minutes a day!
    I do in home daycare, so eating healthy food has always been an issue.
    But I am so happy to be here, where there are people just like me, who struggle with food addictions and weight issues and get the much needed support and motivation!
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jen from MA, 33. Divorced with two small rugrats. I work in finance and go to school for photography at night. I still want to shred 60-80lbs. Nice to meet you!
  • lucamp
    lucamp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Luanne from Fort Worth Texas. I am 46 years old and started this journey last Thanksgiving. I am 5'5 and weighed 285 pounds. It was miserable to be that heavy. To date I have lost 75 pounds and am still on my journey to a healthier life. I am inspired by all those that have not only lost over 100 pounds but have made major lifestyle changes to become who they are today. I definitely can relate to the emotional eater but I am one that always ate for every emotion :happy: Now I try to remember to eat to live not live to eat.

Thanks for setting up Awesome Sauce! You are my biggest inspiration!

Oh yes while Rachel is a South Carolina fan I have to shout out to my Oklahoma State Cowboys! #2 for the first time ever! It has been a fun football season!
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Howdy all! I'm Kimberly, 26, from Garden City Kansas. I'm a mostly stay at home mama of 3 (6,4 and 2). I say mostly because I work at my daddy's feedyard a couple days a week, am learning the family business, and while I do that my little helpers are always in tow! Been married to my husband for 4 years, but we've been together for almost 11 years. He drives me crazy and doesn't always have the same attitude about things like I do (for instance losing weight and having a healthy lifestyle) but we're crazy about each other and everything pretty much balances out in the end. Was a chubby kid growing up, but not rolly-polly.. in high school weighed about 185. I think from all the farm work I done, I stayed "lean" for my weight, but just ate too much of the bad stuff. After I had my 3rd baby and left my job as a lab technician in an animal diagnostic laboratory (loved that job) to stay home with my babies I REALLY packed on the pounds... putting on about 90 lbs in 3 years. So this past spring one day after I had been working at the feedyard and needed to shower before I went home I put on a pair of my moms jeans (a 24) and they were snug! Just the fact that I could even WEAR my moms jeans totally bummed me out so then and there I decided I had to loose all this weight. At that time I was almost 280, lost 20 lbs on my own, joined MFP in late July lost another 15 lbs. Been stuck for a couple months, falling back into old eating habits.. at the moment I am up 6 lbs from my last check in weight. But since last year I am 2-3 pant sizes smaller and down to 1X (from 3X) shirt... so even though the scale isn't exactly what I want it to be it's sooo much better than it was last year! :D Just need to learn to be patient and stay FOCUSED!
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Linda. I am 40 years old, born and raised in Richmond, Va. Sunday the 13th is my wedding anniversary and I will be married for 12 years. I have a step daughter (26), a step son (25), 2 dogs and 3 cats. I joined MFP at the end of May. I decided to make a change in my life when I stepped on the scale at my highest weight of 202.2 lbs and also took a long look in the mirror and knew I did not like what I saw. I had lost weight in the past on weight watchers and I want to get back to where I was then, hopefully a little less than my final weight with ww. So far I have lost 29 pounds and would like to lose another 45 but am not sure if that much is good for me. I want to look and feel healthy. I have a great group of friends and MFP family members who support me. My co worker introduced me to MFP and I am so thankful that she did. I said in the past that once I lose this weight I am not going back but this time I mean it and will stick to it. I did not like the way I felt or looked and when I had some medical tests done, the results were not horrible but they were not good and need to be changed. MFP has changed my life and I look forward to continuing this journey.
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Hola! Name is Jamie. I am from the southern tip of Indiana. I am married and have 3 kiddos, ages 5, 4, and 2. They keep me pretty busy! Having 3 kids in a row and always using the excuse "I'm eating for 2" has put me in a pretty BIG situation. Trying to lose all that "baby" weight. I love MFP and am so greatful I have it and all of the great support that comes with it. Good luck everyone on your journey! And nice to meet you all!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined so my name is Sulei I'm 27 I'm a wife & proud mother to a handsome 11 yr old..I joined and fell in love with mfp the end of June I've lost almost 60 lbs from my heaviest. & can I say Rachel was like my 1st friend & was & still is such a big insiration :flowerforyou: I work overnight in a cheese factory cleaning machines so I have an active job plus i try to workout daily & of course healthy diet:happy:
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My name is Craig and I am from North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham area). I am 36 years old and a financial professional. I started Aug 1 2011 at 320lbs and now I am around 303 lbs. About to reach my mini goal of being under 300lbs by the holidays!

My ultimate goal is to be 200 lbs, close to my college weight. MFP has been great and I am thankful for all my buddies!!
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm eve from London.
    I'm a 41 yr old black woman who listens to heavy metal and doesn't do r n b or chick flicks.
    I have 2 personalities both are the greatest.
    I love scifi, horror and anything by Tim Burton or with Johnny Depp together is a hat trick.
    I live a very solitary life because of life choices, no1's game enough - I wouldn't change me for the world!
    I've always been told that I was fat from the age of 8, looking back at pictures I wasn't! I was basically brain washed to think I was no good at anything and I was never told that I was pretty, I pretty much had negative comments all my life.
    I NO LONGER CARE OR LISTEN. OF COURSE IT WILL ALWAYS HURT, BUT I'M IN A BETTER PLACE NOW - ON MY OWN. I know it's sad, but I have to look after myself.
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Ingrid and I am 35 year old. Hit my highest weight back in July of this year of 335 lbs. I started back in April 2011 at 330 and then lost some gained it back but and up and down ride i was on for a very long time. To date I have dropped 19.4 lbs and my way to a healther life style. Love MFP:bigsmile:
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Megan and I'm 25 years old. I have lost 16 pounds so far and two pants sizes. I have found a love for exercising, especially running. :D This site has helped me so much on my journey, and I hope to lose another 30-35 pounds, Welcome and good luck! :D
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm Mary - in Northern VA - I am 29 years old - I started at 303.4 pounds on January 1 this year - and my goal was to lose 100 pounds by my 30th birthday (April 2012) - I am now down 89.2 pounds (as of this morning) - currently weigh 214.2... I was never into exercise but now I'm a gym rat. LOVE MFP as well!