Check in and intros

Options

Replies

• kirstyP01
    kirstyP01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I just joined MFP yesterday. My name is Kirsty and I am from Blenheim.
    I have about 25-30 kg to lose.
    I am a stay at home mum to my 2 beautiful daughters who are 14mth and 26mth. They are part of the reason I have embarked on this weight loss journey - I want to be a positive role model for them.
    I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I have never been skinny. I am really excited at the thought of being able to walk in to any clothes shop and buy what ever clothes I want rather than just having to buy what fits!

Anyways, feel free to add me as a friend if you want.

Kirsty
  • jamesg2012
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    My name is James and Im a 33 yo landscaper living in Auckland with my wife and 2 young children.
    So glad to find a group for all the NZers on here
    I have had a bit of a wake up recently after being off work for 5 months and having surgery on my back. Realising I had put on weight I decided now was the time to not only lose the weight but to really look at what I was eating.
    After a trip to a nutritionist I am on my way to success with the help of MFP and would love to have some MFP Friends.
    So feel free to add me
  • jamesg2012
    Options
    Hey there,
    My worst habits are chocolate and ice cream too..How do you break habits I find I have to have it everynight but very small portions...Sweet as
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Hey there,
    My worst habits are chocolate and ice cream too..How do you break habits I find I have to have it everynight but very small portions...Sweet as

Find a nice, low-fat version. It won't taste as good, but it will satisfy your craving. Over here, we have these http://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=24 - definitely easy to budget into one's daily calories :smile:
  • Pigletvic
    Options
    Hey,

I've just joined the group today to get a bit more motivation.

I lost 10kgs about 5 year ago, stayed around the 52 kg mark and then managed to gain 13kgs in the space of a year and a half. I'm gutted I have let myself get this heavy again but I'm determined to get it off with a lot of hard work.

I live in Auckland and spent a year working in chch, so conveniently blamed my weight gain on the quakes but have been home since October and have put on more weight... So have ran out of excuses!

My biggest weakness is I love food, particularly pasta, tatoes, bread, rice..... Basically, any carb!

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and best of luck to everybody!
  • AnthonyBrennan1
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm Anthony and I'm from Auckland
    I'm currently at a huge 136.2 Kilos and want to lose weight to be healthier and happier etc. Look forward to hearing from you all
  • metrociity
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a 22yo student living in Auckland. I found out about this site through the That's Life! mag. I'm about 95kg and need to lose at least 30kg. My biggest problem is not eating at the right time. Looking forward to a positive change :)
  • FiremanSam111
    Options
    *runs partially clothed through the group purely for attention*
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options

:smile:
  • Rugbygurl
    Rugbygurl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I live in Sydney Australia but still KIWI AS haha.
    Glad there is a group for us on here. Please feel free to add me as I feel the more the merrier!
    I am orginally from Hastings and Flaxmere, I have a husband, 2 adult children and a grandson.
    Look forward to keeping in touch with the kiwis on here
    Good luck on everyones journey!:flowerforyou:
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    hi all ... Been on MFP for about 2 months now i think ... I have been in this group for a while but haven't introduced myself so here I am.
    I am a 32yr olf mum of 2 gorgeous boys. One is 2 1/2yrs and my youngest is 6 months old. I have a big chunk of weight to lose and this is the year for me. I want to be a role model for my boys and instill good habits in their lives as they grow up.
    I am a nurse and currently still on maternity leave so trying to make the most of being off with my boys to get fit and healthy. I have run a couple of 5km races but walked over half of the distances of them. I am keen to do better in them and so I am doing C25k as well.
    I have found some great motivators on here and try to be motivating for others too.
    Feel free to add me ... always keen for motivating people and i will support you inn any way i can.
    Happy losing
  • JuliaWallaceGal
    Options
    Hi Chrissy from Palmerston North
  • jam_hunt
    jam_hunt Posts: 8 Member
    Options

How many Cals Ya burn with that run!! lol
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hey all! i only just found this group! im 25 and from dirty old hamilton (so want to move one day!), want to lose around 15 kgs and feel happy and healthy in my own skin :)
  • FoxForceFiveNZ
    Options
    Hi guys... I've been here a couple of weeks and have a few kiwi friends, but would love some more. :)
    I'm a mum to three girls and live in Hawkes Bay.
    I joined MFP to sort my self out. I love being able to see what caleries different foods have (I never thought too much about what I eat before). I love the motivation and support I get from here. See ya!
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sharee and I live in Carterton. I'm 40 and work as a Nurse. Married with 2 kids 10 & 9. I lost 20kg last year and kept 16 off, I have just gotten back into keeping on track in the last week, so far so good :)
  • cchapman89
    cchapman89 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    I'm Christina,
    I'm currently living in Christchurch and studying towards a degree in biological sciences.
    I am also getting married next year, which is part of the reason i want to lose weight.
    I joined MFP in january and weighed 97kgs, i have since lost 13 kgs and looking forward to loosing more :happy:

16480475.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Kimberleycommonname
    Kimberleycommonname Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina, I'm also in CHCH. =)
    You're doing well so far!
  • ashcan007
    ashcan007 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Ash - a 28 year old male from Chch with an initial weight of 166kg at the beginning of the year and am currently 147kg.
    Been big most of my life but now want to lose the weight so I can have the body I've always envisaged, and now that I've lost some weight, I have faith that I can achieve that.
  • judyjane26
    judyjane26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kia Ora! I'm a kiwi girl at heart, living in Perth WA. I've committed myself to logging in with MFP to keep myself on track to lose weight, improve my fitness and eat healthier. If you're needing support & motivation like I do, you're welcome to add me as a friend. Would love to meet kiwi's in Perth, as well as staying connected to our beautiful country, Aotearoa.