Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I didn't go out for Thanskgiving, just made some Trader Joe's turkey, stuffing, gravy, and mashed potatoes. So I was easily able to keep calories under control. :)

I have been sick since Tuesday, finally feeling like a human this morning, so exercise has been lax. Walking up and down the stairs feels like a 5k this week. haha.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    ok, so i did ok at thanksgiving yesterday (well, bad for me, good for a "normal" person)....

i had duck and ham and potatoes and lasagna and bread and sausage and pumpkin pie and apple pie.....

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i only got a tiny serving of each different thing, so even though i didn't count calories, i don't think i went over 1800 all day, which is what i was allowed to have anyway :bigsmile:

i also made sure to get lots of fruits and veggies, too :flowerforyou:

oh, and my cousin called me "gaunt"....i thought it was funny =)

hope everyone else had a happy thanksgiving!!!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving was a blast! Good company, GREAT food, and even a little exercise. While we waited for lunch, my cousin and I played tennis. then I played withbnmy other cousin twister.

Half a plate of veggies, rest covered with thanksgiving goodness. Only one plate and I was full. Now I have leftovers to parcel out the rest of the week.

Today is black friday, so tree, decorating, and cleaning are in store. Have a good one!
  • Addeyfit
    Options
    Sounds like my American Ravenclaws had a good Thanksgiving! Awesome!

I'm going to start my Christmas Shopping now. I have a few things already but I really need to get down to it. I need to do my Christmas cards too...this time of year is so busy!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I had to go out shopping in today's crowds, not for Christmas - but for supplies for a science lab. :noway: Its crazy out there today! UGHHH!! At least our recent challenges have shown me that I CAN park at the back of the lot and do the walking! :laugh:
  • korkster
    Options
    Christmas tree is decorated! Feeling good, although I think I twisted my knee playing tennis the other day. Gravel is not good for the body.

Tomorrow I have zumba. Have a good night!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    :(- sorry Ravenclaws but it looks like I'm out. I broke my ankle (in 2 different places) on my run yesterday morning. Trying the whole caste thing but doctor said be prepared for surgery . . . so that's even longer . . . I'm really trying NOT to go to a bad place in my mind- but this REALLY sucks!!!!

I hope that you are not in pain and that you heal soon.

Pam
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ravenclaw!! Wow! With my surgery monday, not working all week, Thanksgiving thursday, a final exam yesterday and a lab report due today - this week has gotten totally past me. It wasn't until I started to post my weigh in that I realized I hadn't even posted next week's challenges! :blushing: So, here they are (can you believe we're starting on December???):

December Week 1 House Challenges
    Food: Watch the Carbs! This week, try to keep your carbs under you daily goal. Earn 1 OWL for each day you do.

Exercise: Do More/Go Faster! If you are walking or running, challenge yourself to go faster or longer. If you are doing burpees, jump rope, weights or other rep exercises, push to do more or add more weight. Earn 1 OWL for each day you meet this challenge. (Thank you Addeyfit!)

Spirit: And of course, earn 1 OWL for each day you drop by the common room and let us know how your day is going, post something inspirational, share a fitness or health idea - anything that's on your mind.

We're heading into the holidays now with all of its temptations. Let's try to stay focused on our health goals this month so we can start the new year in a better, healthier place! Good luck everyone!!
  • korkster
    Options
    Stats:

CW- 328.2
    OWL Food- 5
    OWL Exercise- 3
    OWL spirit- 6
    House Points- 197
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Weighing in today at 152 - up half a pound. I seem to have hit a plateau - I'm gaining and losing the same 1 or 2 pounds each week. :ohwell: I guess in light of my Thanksgiving feast, half a pound is not too bad.

Food: 3
    Exercise: 0 (no exercise for the week after surgery)
    Spirit: 7
    OWLs: 10
    House Points: 135

December goal: 150 - AGAIN!! This has been my goal since September! I WILL see 150 by the end of the year!! Its just 2 pounds away - I know I can do this!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Whew, I've been all out of sorts lately. And while I'm sure it did nothing good for my weight loss, I totally enjoyed my Thanksgiving without a thought of anything else. My only real goal is to stay under 230 by the end of the month (yay 20s! don't remember ever being in the 20s).

I've gotta get my brain back on the challenges, though, or else I'll lose my steam, and we just can't have that.
  • korkster
    Options
    Oh, yeah. Goals.

Goal weight for end of December: 320

BTW- had parsnip leek soup the other day. Man that was good stuff! Never had either, but together they were wonderful. Strongly recommend.
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Week 4 results:

Weight: 143.5 no change... which is really disappointing since I was sick all week.
    House Points: 80
    Owls: 11

My goal for December, I'm going to go with 140.
  • Addeyfit
    Options
    Hello Revenclaw, I'm here for my daily check-in

I feel like I've been neglecting all of you, it is just a busy time of year. I did manage to go to Aquafitness this morning before we had to go help out my husband's father with a few things.

And now to get Christmas Cards underway!

Weigh-in on Monday!
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

WEIGHT: 276
    Owls: 0
    House points: 190
  • kimeister
    Options
    I joined Ravenclaw on the 22nd so this reflects Nov. 22-26.

CW: 190.00
    OWLs: 8 (food: 4, exercise: 3, spirit: 1)
    House Points - 280
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am possibly going to have to keep my weigh in from last week unless I can weigh my self tomorrow so will keep you posted.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Reporting in for the week. Since I'm on maintenance my goal is to stay in between 130-135 now. Two days after Thanksgiving and now on my TOM I'm still hitting the scale at 132.4, so I stayed in my range and was able to indulge.
    I'm not going to report any OWLs this week....I didn't seem to have time to keep track.

However I will post House Points for the Quidditch Match.

House Points:200
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    hey everybody!! i hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!

last week - 195
    this week - 192

week's loss - 3 lbs :drinker:

exercise minutes - 180
    food points - 7
    exercise points - 7 (yay for the new puppy and giving me an excuse to get up and move around!!)
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, well... big shift this week, not sure why - but I'm down to 61.7 / 136lb! :happy:

Food: 4
    Exercise: 7
    House points: 360