Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Love the googledoc, dead easy to do and takes some of the pressure of the head of house. Good work Azsuzi!
    Am off sales shopping today, hope I don't crack and hit starbucks beause of the stress!
  • lalaloserpants
    lalaloserpants Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    heyy :) I'm new here I'd definitely like to join Ravenclaw xD
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I want to give this a try: I made a google documents spreadsheet for our weigh-ins. You would go there each week to log your own weight and other stats. Here's the link - save it as a favorite so you can find it again:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnaZ2CBZ3MgTdE94d2RpX1F5Tm1nb0NnTUJNNTNuT2c#gid=0

Let me know what you think...

Don't mind me over here in Ravenclaw :) I think that's a fantastic idea! I think it would be great even just when someone's going to be out of town or busy for a short while, then it won't be such a pain to go back and sort through lots of week's worth of posts. Good thinking!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    If you're lucky enough to be a part of Pottermore Beta, and haven't been on for awhile, you should go check it out again! Dueling is up and super fun, and the potion brewing doesn't take as long so it's a bit more fun.

I'm excited :)
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @lalaloserpant its always nice to have a new ravenclaw.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    May I join your house?
  • mish3131
    Options
    Let's try this again. I would like to join. Starting weight is 222lbs.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    May I join your house?

Certainly you may!! Welcome mish3131 and lalaloserpants!! We need your start weight from this past weekend and your goal weight for January. Working on a google doc to track everyone, but its new so bear with us!
  • mish3131
    Options

Certainly you may!! Welcome mish3131 and lalaloserpants!! We need your start weight from this past weekend and your goal weight for January. Working on a google doc to track everyone, but its new so bear with us!

My weight from this weekend was 222lbs and my goal weight is a loss of 7lbs to bring me down to 215lbs.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good evening Ravenclaw. welcome to our newest housemates lalaloserpant and mish3131.
    went to a tai chi class after work. definitely will take some practice on my part!!
    Sue, outstanding job on the googledoc!! love it.
  • mish3131
    Options
    Thank you for all the welcome's.
  • lalaloserpants
    lalaloserpants Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my start weight is 140kgs I dont have any idea what kind of goal to set though...
  • azsuzi
    Options
    OK - **deep breath** - here's where we stand... I wasn't sure if there were any takers for the Head of House post, so I went ahead and set up the google doc to track our weigh-ins. Its going to take some maintenance from the HoH though - adding newcomers and making sure formulas aren't deleted - that kind of stuff. Then in one day, kellyisfat, lottee1000 and emmie_rene all volunteered! :laugh:

I'm going to leave it up to you three to decide who's going to take over. In the meantime, I will keep and eye on the google doc and make sure it's working. I can handle it for the next two weeks, but then things are going to get busy for me.

House challenges for this week - let's go back to basics:
    Food: Earn 1 OWL for each day you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day (I've seen some of us are having trouble getting the water in again! :wink: )
    Exercise: Take 5 exercise breaks each day. Work these in when you take a bathroom break, during commercials or whenever you can throughout the day. Do some squats, wall push-ups, sit-ups, jog in place - whatever you feel like doing. Earn 1 OWL each day you take 5.
    Spirit: Earn 1 OWL each day you drop by the common room and leave a post.

Inter-house challenge: Earn 1 House Point for each minute of exercise you do throughout the week.

When you weigh in this weekend, go to the google doc and enter your weight in column E, your total OWLs in column F and your total house points in column G. The formulas will do the rest of the work. ***PLEASE NOTE: at the bottom of the doc, there are 5 tabs labeled Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4 and Summary. Make sure you are logging your stats on the correct tab. For instance, this weekend you will log on the Week 1 tab. If you want to see where you stand for the month, you can click on the Summary tab and take a look, but don't enter any data on that tab - its all formulas!

That's about all for now. Kelly, Lottee and Emmie - when you decide who's going to take over, let me know! Thanks!!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    just a quick good morning Ravenclaw. very cold morning here in central Pennsylvania.
    sue-great work in setting things up for the new Hoh and the rest of us!!
    hope everyone has a great day!! :bigsmile:
  • mish3131
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I had a pretty good day yesterday. Having a bit of a hard time getting going since it is 20 degrees here in Georgia. I will check in later!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Morning all (well, it's afternoon here, but I only just got up!)... Yesterday was a bad food day, am hoping to make up for it with exercise today, but I can't do that until I do some work, and I can't do work until my hard-drive is fixed, which I can't do. Can I fix a hard-drive with superglue?! Am going to give it a go! Will message the others about HoH as well, happy Wednesday (hump day) Ravenclaws! xx
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Let's try this again. I would like to join. Starting weight is 222lbs.

Hello! Definitely happy to see some new Ravenclaws in our midst! Welcome to lalaloserpant and mish3131! :)
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Oh man, thank you thank you thank you for the challenges! I need to seriously drown myself in water, lol, and it's amazing to have some challenges again that might help kick me in the rear and get me moving. Those five breaks should be an excellent way to make me start getting in the habit of some exercise before launching into something a little more serious again. :)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaw!! So, I posted challenges yesterday and what did I do? Totally forgot all about them today!! I'm like you, Kelly - I'm struggling to get back into my healthy eating and exercise routine. Ah, well - I'll try again tomorrow!

I hope you all are having a fabulous day!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Apparently I've missed a lot in the ast couple of days. I thought we weren't changing the OWLs until the beginning of next week... not on Tuesday. Now I'm all confused.

And the google doc thing? Is that on someone's profile?

Went hiking with my brother on Monday. First time in YEARS. Was a lot of fun, until we hit a steep trail. Darn near killed me. Now I feel all sorts of muscles in my legs, even my ankles!

At my new job I go up and down stairs about 6 times a day. Don't log the minutes though; seems too short to count. Love the new job. Hopefully on the weekend I can figure out what's happened to this place. It's all turned upside down.

Have a good one!