Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I want to do C25K, too! My brother wants to do this Zombie 5K, and I want to try to get in shape and do it with him. He says I have to be there either way, so I might as well get in on the fun!

Theres one in Texas next Novemeber that I really, really want to do. I love zombies and what better motivation to run that being chased by them lol.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    MindyBlack:
    Ooh, my abs are protesting already!! Ouch!

I am setting my goal as 10/day. I hope to exceed that but we'll see.
    Great start - I haven't started mine yet, looking forward to this. :smile:
    .___________________________________________________________________________________
    Latest Gryffindor challenge is always updated here -->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TourThePast
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I want to do C25K, too! My brother wants to do this Zombie 5K, and I want to try to get in shape and do it with him. He says I have to be there either way, so I might as well get in on the fun!

I was wondering if you are still planning to do it. I am thinking about driving over and do it with you. It is just so expensive for a 5k. It would be loads of fun. Let me know. I'd love to see you.

That would be amazing! As of now, it's on my to-do list :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Theres one in Texas next Novemeber that I really, really want to do. I love zombies and what better motivation to run that being chased by them lol.

That's what my brother says he does already on his runs: pretends zombies are chasing him. He even had an app at one point that had 'zombies' on a gps map and you had to run from them.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    For those of us not lucky enough to be a part of the Beta, does anyone know what is going on with Pottermore?
  • jls1661
    Options

That's what my brother says he does already on his runs: pretends zombies are chasing him. He even had an app at one point that had 'zombies' on a gps map and you had to run from them.

My zombie nerdness it totally peaked...what app is this? Cause thats pretty much the only way you'll get me to run!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    For those of us not lucky enough to be a part of the Beta, does anyone know what is going on with Pottermore?

They keep pushing it back, but not really saying why. I haven't had time to be on it much lately, but it's really cool. I can't wait for you guys to join, too!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

My zombie nerdness it totally peaked...what app is this? Cause thats pretty much the only way you'll get me to run!!

On the Android Market I found one called Zombie, Run! that looks like what my brother had. :)
  • MindyBlack
    Options

They keep pushing it back, but not really saying why. I haven't had time to be on it much lately, but it's really cool. I can't wait for you guys to join, too!

I was so excited for the first two dates. Now I just have no idea what's going on and my interest has died down. I'm sure that will change as soon as it is up and running.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    How is everyone doing with the challenges this week? Those windshield wipers are tough. I do some pretty hard core ab work but these are like a kick in the gut. LOL
    Let's see if we can log in some good housepoints and kick the other houses behinds!!! Good luck everyone.
  • jls1661
    Options
    How is everyone doing with the challenges this week? Those windshield wipers are tough. I do some pretty hard core ab work but these are like a kick in the gut. LOL
    Let's see if we can log in some good housepoints and kick the other houses behinds!!! Good luck everyone.

I'm with you! Those windshielld wipers are not nice...but they may have nice results.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Works Christmas lunch today, and while I did only have a small light beer before moving onto water, I totally failed in my resolution not to eat half of my starters & dessert. Already had a whopping 1860 calories today, which is 200 over MAINTENANCE calories for the day and I haven't even had any dinner yet!

Have a nasty feeling that I might be back to a calorie defecit for a bit after Christmas!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Checking in..

CW: 148lbs (down 2 pounds! Pity it has to happen a week before xmas!!)

Ive really been slacking on exercise! I would LOVE to kick myself into doing 30DS properly this time!
    Hope everyones doing great!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    missb92
    Checking in..

CW: 148lbs (down 2 pounds! Pity it has to happen a week before xmas!!)
    Better than putting a few pounds on, well done! :bigsmile:

.___________________________________________________________________________________
    Latest Gryffindor challenge is always updated here -->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TourThePast
  • jls1661
    Options
    Checking in:

CW: 163.5 (up a half pound :angry: )
    OWLS: 15
    NEWTS: 20
    SPEW: 5
    HP: 190
  • jls1661
    Options
    Won't be around for a few days while I drive home, but keep up the awesome work Gryffindors!!!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

I haven't had time to be on Pottermore in a while, but I was getting frustrated with it because I have trouble loading it, or whatever, and it just takes so long to function. I was really mad trying to do potions because it wasn't functioning correctly and I couldn't get one ingredient to move and it kept busting my cauldron since I couldn't finish my potion and then I had to buy another and you can't get more Galleons until a new chapter is opened (this happened two or three times before I gave up). So anyway, I just got really annoyed and didn't go for a while and then I didn't have time. I checked in today and the potions option wouldn't even load.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Finished my semester! Yahoo! So thrilled, even though I start jury duty Wednesday and have two required books to read over my break. I hope you all are doing well. I am going to start C25K tomorrow or Tuesday, wish me luck!
  • j_hark1022
    j_hark1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Again, no change for me. Darn Holidays! Hope everyone has a good week!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Finished my semester! Yahoo! So thrilled, even though I start jury duty Wednesday and have two required books to read over my break. I hope you all are doing well. I am going to start C25K tomorrow or Tuesday, wish me luck!
    Must be such a relief to have that over - good luck with the C25K! :)