Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Apolgies to my fellow Gryffindors and especially to our hardworking Head of House, I hit the ground running today and have only just realised I didn't weigh in this morning.

Will do it absolutely first thing tomorrow - which will be before midnight in *some* parts of the US!

EDITED TO ADD: Just occured to me, I can give everything except my weight:

OWL 20 (Leg squats)
    NEWTS 10 (Sugar intake at goal 5 per day - not the ideal week to make a big fruit salad then!)
    SPEW 12 (Posts on here, except checkin post, max 5 per day)
    House Points 415 (1 HP per minute)
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Gryffindor :)

Last Monday: 153.0 lbs
    Today: 150.4 lbs :D
    Newts: 0 points
    Owls: 0 Points
    House Points: Monday, Dec 5th to Sunday, Dec 11th totalled 444 Minutes = 444 Points
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Arrgghh! Final early this morning, totally forgot to weigh!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Arrgghh! Final early this morning, totally forgot to weigh!
    Me too, we'll do it first thing tomorrow - you have a lot on your plate, just keep going! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Ok is there any way we can put the challenges and weight ins in a different place or something cause I have never had this hard of a time of finding challenges I haven't looked at them the past few times cause I could never find them and got sick of looking.

CW: 219.2

HP: 60

It's been crazy the last few weeks, but it should slow down soon. If you want to bookmark this page in some way, the challenges are always (unless stated otherwise) posted here as well as in the thread. For December, it's: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/gryffindor-december-owls-newts-171054

I make a new blog for every month, but you can always go to my blog to find the current month if you miss the posting in the thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Here are the challenges for December Week 3!

WEEK 3:
    (Starting after check-in between 12/9-12/12
    and ending with check-in between 12/16-12/19)

OWL (exercise): Floor Windsheild Wipers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttv2c1Bh0Vw

Remember, the new scoring system is to set a daily goal for yourself, and if you make it all the way to your goal you earn 5 OWLs, if you make it half way to your goal you get 3 OWLs, if you attempt but don't make it half way you get 1 OWL.

If you have a dumbbell, use it! If you don't, you could probably hold some weights (or just lift your arms) and imagine where the dumbbell would be to aim your legs. Be careful, but do your best to push yourselves!

NEWT (food): Try to get within 100 calories of your daily goal. Whatever MFP tells you you should be eating, try not to get farther than 100 calories above or below that number (account for exercise when you need to, be safe!). You earn 5 NEWTs for every day you meet this goal, 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

SPEW (motivation): Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs). Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.
    ***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!
  • Mindy1124
    Mindy1124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CW: 164.4
    HP: 273

Nothing more to report ....
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am going to regroup this week and start to take my OWLS, NEWTS and SPEWs more seriously. I am going right now to look up the windshield wipers. Sounds fun!!

Good luck fellow Lions!

Thanks Bron for the challenge, you're the best!!
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Ooh, my abs are protesting already!! Ouch!

I am setting my goal as 10/day. I hope to exceed that but we'll see.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Ok, I am going to regroup this week and start to take my OWLS, NEWTS and SPEWs more seriously. I am going right now to look up the windshield wipers. Sounds fun!!

Good luck fellow Lions!

I'm also making it my goal to get back on the serious business train!

And no, you're the best.

You're ALL the best. I love you guys!
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Checking in:

CW: 163 (up 2 pounds :cry: although down in inces...once again my scale and measuring tape can't get along)
    OWLS: 25
    NEWTS: 30
    SPEW: 5
    HP: 315

Been feeling a little off the past few days so hopefully I'll be back on track soon, just in time for my solo drive from New Mexico to Michigan. So if I'm slacking a little in the next week or so I appologize in advance.

Don't forget your passport - lol!
  • veganbaum
    Options

Good luck fellow Lions!

And no, you're the best.

I'm there with you guys, the last month has been really erratic for me. I'm free after my paper is due Saturday at 5pm! I am starting C25K next week and renewed dedication to Gryffindor! Hopefully the weather will cooperate. No waiting for the New Year for me!
  • MindyBlack
    Options

Good luck fellow Lions!

And no, you're the best.

I'm there with you guys, the last month has been really erratic for me. I'm free after my paper is due Saturday at 5pm! I am starting C25K next week and renewed dedication to Gryffindor! Hopefully the weather will cooperate. No waiting for the New Year for me!

I know that I should probably know this already but what is your paper on? Good luck with it!! Will you be finished with school til after the New Year? Have you done c25k before? It intrigues me but apparantly not enough to try it myself. I am planning to revamp some of my workouts for the new year and I may very well add that. Let me know how it goes for you.
  • veganbaum
    Options

Good luck fellow Lions!

And no, you're the best.

I know that I should probably know this already but what is your paper on? Good luck with it!! Will you be finished with school til after the New Year? Have you done c25k before? It intrigues me but apparantly not enough to try it myself. I am planning to revamp some of my workouts for the new year and I may very well add that. Let me know how it goes for you.

It's nice of you to ask - I'm in law school and we're required to take one writing seminar. My paper is about environmental justice and the industrial animal farming system, with an extension of environmental justice to animals. My interests lean heavily towards environmental and animal law, so I chose an environmental writing seminar that would allow me to incorporate animals.

I haven't done C25K, I've never even run before! I've actually always wanted to try it out, but I was scared because I've heard so many things about injuries. After doing some reading and talking to people who run in the Vibram Five Fingers (and used to get injuries when wearing running shoes) I have decided to try "barefoot" running, but I'm starting with Merrell Pace Gloves and then hope to go to the Five Fingers. I'm also going to read Born to Run over my winter break (I'm off for about three weeks). So many people have recommended C25K for novices and i think it looks good, and doable, so I decided I'm doing it. Of course I would make that decision while it's winter, but I'm going to try and push myself because I really want to get the rest of my weight loss moving. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I want to do C25K, too! My brother wants to do this Zombie 5K, and I want to try to get in shape and do it with him. He says I have to be there either way, so I might as well get in on the fun!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Weight this morning 120.25lb.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Here are the challenges for December Week 3!
    Fantastic! :smile:

For ease of reference, I'm pasting the current challenges into my (otherwise empty) blog every week as soon as they're posted on here. It just struck me that fellow Gryffindors might want to bookmark it, so the link is below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TourThePast
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    very late this week checking in but had headache that knocked me on my *kitten* yesterday and fell asleep around 7pm and didnt wake up til this morning

12-5 no change once again... i think i have hit a plateau
    12-12 seriously sick of being stuck.. no change

cals burned goal between 5500 and 7500
    cals burned: 5846

owls: 35
    newts: 35
    spew: 5
    hp: 1200
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I want to do C25K, too! My brother wants to do this Zombie 5K, and I want to try to get in shape and do it with him. He says I have to be there either way, so I might as well get in on the fun!

I was wondering if you are still planning to do it. I am thinking about driving over and do it with you. It is just so expensive for a 5k. It would be loads of fun. Let me know. I'd love to see you.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

CW: 163 (up 2 pounds :cry: although down in inces...once again my scale and measuring tape can't get along)
    OWLS: 25
    NEWTS: 30
    SPEW: 5
    HP: 315

Been feeling a little off the past few days so hopefully I'll be back on track soon, just in time for my solo drive from New Mexico to Michigan. So if I'm slacking a little in the next week or so I appologize in advance.

Don't forget your passport - lol!

You have no idea how much I heard that when I originally moved to New Mexico, the problem was that most my friends were serious. My Aunt went as far as to ask me what kind of water they had in New Mexico, I replied "American". I finally got in the habit of telling people I was moving to the New Mexico not the Old Mexico.