Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have now posted this in my other group and on my wall, but I'm so excited I'm posting it again!!! Had a totally awesome NSV today. I had a bunch of old clothes packed away, most because they were too small. I decided to pull them out since my clothes are falling off of me. While doing so I found an old red dress that used to be my favorite dress, but I haven't been able to fit into it in over 10 years. To the point that if I would have tried I would have ripped it to shreds. Decided to give it a shot and it fit prefectly! I couldn't believe it, and it doesn't look out of date it looks great. This is even better than buying a new dress!!! Just had to share!!

that is way awesome!! you rock those clothes girl!!!!
  • kelsue35
    Options
    I have some news to share... Today I reached TARGET WEIGHT.

Been in a daze all day, can't quite believe it... :glasses:

I've gone from 145lb to 119lb, which doesn't sound much but I'm only 4' 11, so that's going from a start point which is a couple of pounds away from being clinically obese, to being well within the normal weight for my height.

Thanks to ALL my fellow Gryffindors who helped motivate me, you're the very best. :flowerforyou:

amazing job!!!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk guys! I am on my way out the door to go to the gym to start my day off right! And then go shopping! I am going to be good when we go out to eat, I just have to remember to eat slow and choose wise. And say no to sugary sweets!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I found an old red dress that used to be my favorite dress, but I haven't been able to fit into it in over 10 years. To the point that if I would have tried I would have ripped it to shreds. Decided to give it a shot and it fit prefectly! I couldn't believe it, and it doesn't look out of date it looks great. This is even better than buying a new dress!!! Just had to share!!
    Welcome to the joys of going "clothes shopping" in your own wardrobe. :bigsmile:
  • TourThePast
    Options
    I am going to be good when we go out to eat, I just have to remember to eat slow and choose wise. And say no to sugary sweets!
    Well done on being so positive.

Having a big glass of water between courses helps too.
    (Says the woman who just had a three course Christmas lunch... :blushing: )
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Just stoppin in to say hi to my wonderful Gryffindors! Hope everyone had a great week and has a good weekend! And on a side note...I love being a Gryffindor!!! You guys are awesome!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Hey Gryffs! I hope everyone's challenges are going well this week. I finished two finals and have two more and a paper to go, so until next Saturday I'm not really thinking too much about goals, I admit. It's all I can do to eat regularly and not survive on coffee right now - which I normally don't drink much of so I'm really jittery and then I crash hard! That's why caffeine is evil! I'm looking forward to starting C25K when this is all over. Keep on keepin' on, Gryffs!
  • druidqueen
    Options
    CW: 233 (gained 4 pounds during over the end of the semester...ugh fast food and comfort food)
    HP/OWLS/NEWTS: 0
  • TourThePast
    Options
    It's all I can do to eat regularly and not survive on coffee right now - which I normally don't drink much of so I'm really jittery and then I crash hard!
    You're doing great, at stressful times it's so tempting to take the easy way out, I'm proud of the way you're keeping your head above water.

After this, things are going to seem SO simple! :bigsmile:
  • j_hark1022
    j_hark1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW: 205
    Didn't keep track of everything else, whoopsies!

Convinced my boyfriend to hit the gym with me next week instead of waiting until the end of the month, yay!

Busy, busy, busy week!!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just checkin in!
    As of saturday here are my stats:

CW: 150.6 .....but i ate really bad on sunday so was afraid to get up this morning!!
    GW (for now) 150
    OWLS/NEWTS: 0

:)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    CW: 258

My goal this week is to MAKE time for at least yoga every day to earn some house points, because the next two weeks are going to be nuts! I'm going to do my best to come SPEW every day and tell you how I'm doing. You all blow me away with your hard work!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Check in time!
    CW: 145.5
    OWLS: 2
    NEWTS: 35
    HP:823
    SPEW:1

Don't know if we are still posting monthly weight goal but mine is 144 for December.
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cw-165
    owls- 25
    newts-0
    hp- 815
    spew- 4
  • jls1661
    Options
    Checking in:

CW: 163 (up 2 pounds :cry: although down in inces...once again my scale and measuring tape can't get along)
    OWLS: 25
    NEWTS: 30
    SPEW: 5
    HP: 315

Been feeling a little off the past few days so hopefully I'll be back on track soon, just in time for my solo drive from New Mexico to Michigan. So if I'm slacking a little in the next week or so I appologize in advance.
  • jls1661
    Options
    Can I change my check in day from Monday to Sunday, or will that throw things off? All my other groups have weigh in on Sunday so it would make more sense.
  • kelsue35
    Options
    Can I change my check in day from Monday to Sunday, or will that throw things off? All my other groups have weigh in on Sunday so it would make more sense.

you can check in anytime between friday and monday. doesnt have to be same day every week. i sometimes check in sundays sometimes on mondays. so dont worry about it throwing things off, it wont!
  • belleforte
    belleforte Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Gryffs! Not a great week for me, but looking forward to getting back on track!

CW:156.2
    HP: 185
    OWLS, NEWTS, SPEW:0
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ok is there any way we can put the challenges and weight ins in a different place or something cause I have never had this hard of a time of finding challenges I haven't looked at them the past few times cause I could never find them and got sick of looking.

CW: 219.2

HP: 60
  • squiggles409
    squiggles409 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!! Not the beat week for me, but here goes:

Cw: 175 (its not down, but at least its not up either!!!)

HP: 229
    Unfortunately I've got nothing else to report. This week WILL be better!