Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    happy friday! whats everyone up to today?

Zumba and then cleaning :/ what r u op to today?
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    happy friday! whats everyone up to today?

Zumba and then cleaning :/ what r u op to today?

hey im doing the same (zumba and cleaning) also doing the wonderful owls plus have to take my lil girl to the dr at 330
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello LIONS such a beautiful day I had to be outside all day. Then it was ruined and now I need a spell to make my jerk of a neigbor disappear.

Here's what happened: We were outside working on the front yard (pulling weeds, trimming bushes etc.) and he was out there talking to us. Good so far. Well he left and the mailman came with a registered letter that I had to sign for. So I signed for it and it was from him telling us that we were breaking encrochment laws because we have a tree that has branches hanging over in his yard. WTF???

The letter said we had until May 7th to fix the problem or he was gonna file suit against us...again WTF???

He has never said anything about our trees before, and we thought we were on good terms with him. Guess not.

Anyhoo, that was my day and I will find a spell or potion to tourture him with. Hope everyone else is having a better day.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Okay LIONS...I'm off to bed for the night...have an awesome evening.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Good Morning LIONS...where is everyone??

Hope ya'll have an awesome day.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hello LIONS such a beautiful day I had to be outside all day. Then it was ruined and now I need a spell to make my jerk of a neigbor disappear.

Here's what happened: We were outside working on the front yard (pulling weeds, trimming bushes etc.) and he was out there talking to us. Good so far. Well he left and the mailman came with a registered letter that I had to sign for. So I signed for it and it was from him telling us that we were breaking encrochment laws because we have a tree that has branches hanging over in his yard. WTF???

The letter said we had until May 7th to fix the problem or he was gonna file suit against us...again WTF???

He has never said anything about our trees before, and we thought we were on good terms with him. Guess not.

Anyhoo, that was my day and I will find a spell or potion to tourture him with. Hope everyone else is having a better day.

Ok, I've watched enough People's Court to know he can't do anything about your branches unless the tree is damaged or dying. There's no imaginary line between properties that goes up to the heavens and separates all the branches on all the trees. As long as you take care of any damage that may incur (unless it's an act of God like in a storm), there's nothing you should HAVE to do about it.

So, unless there's some secret law where you live about it, you should be fine! It's still kind of anal and douchey of him, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Bleh.

My Saturday is pretty low-key so far. Emily (my roomie if you don't know) is studying for her CPA, so we stay home as much as possible on the weekends so she can cram. I play Zelda and fiddle around the apartment and I'm quite content :) I plan to get the Harry Potter workout game done before Monday, tho!

How are you guys? Are the OWLs coming along? I've actually done some this week, so that's an improvement for me! I haven't been logging very well, so still no NEWTs.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options

Ok, I've watched enough People's Court to know he can't do anything about your branches unless the tree is damaged or dying. There's no imaginary line between properties that goes up to the heavens and separates all the branches on all the trees. As long as you take care of any damage that may incur (unless it's an act of God like in a storm), there's nothing you should HAVE to do about it.

So, unless there's some secret law where you live about it, you should be fine! It's still kind of anal and douchey of him, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Bleh.

My Saturday is pretty low-key so far. Emily (my roomie if you don't know) is studying for her CPA, so we stay home as much as possible on the weekends so she can cram. I play Zelda and fiddle around the apartment and I'm quite content :) I plan to get the Harry Potter workout game done before Monday, tho!

How are you guys? Are the OWLs coming along? I've actually done some this week, so that's an improvement for me! I haven't been logging very well, so still no NEWTs.

Well that's good to know. No they are not dead or anything all healthy. They do need to be trimed but not totally out of control.

Zelda is one of my favorite games, i started playing back on the super ninteindo and now play on wii.

So far have earned both owls and newts every day. so that is going good.

have a great day.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Lions! Hope everyone is well and all ok :smile:

I'm not going to be much use with any exercise things for the next month or two. Been told I'm not allowed to do any by the doctor at the hospital :sad: I'm still trying to do at least half an hour of walking a day, but it depends on how well I'm feeling each day :ohwell:
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Happy Sunday Lions! Hope everyone is well and all ok :smile:

I'm not going to be much use with any exercise things for the next month or two. Been told I'm not allowed to do any by the doctor at the hospital :sad: I'm still trying to do at least half an hour of walking a day, but it depends on how well I'm feeling each day :ohwell:

Do take care of yourself. Did you check with Madam Pomfred?? I bet she could cure you.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options

"Crucio" should work well. What a jerk!!!
  • kelsue35
    Options
    hope eveyone had a great weekend! mine was good til my baby boy decided to tell me he i moving in w a friend this week :(
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    hope eveyone had a great weekend! mine was good til my baby boy decided to tell me he i moving in w a friend this week :(

Aw! Well, it had to happen sometime. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Forgive me, but I wasted my weekend caught up in the land of Hyrule and totally SPACED the workout game! I'll have it up in the next couple days. Promise! So SO SO sorry about that!!!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning gryffingdors! I have been slacking lately in the weight dept. It has been crazy in the rest of my life at this time. My little girl is turning one in a couple of weeks and I am finishing up my first semester in the nursing program so it has been crazy. Oh also, we bought a house! We have the inspection this week so hope it all goes well. And how can I forget Pottermore?! So excited to finally be able to sign up!!
    This week I HAVE to do better with my eating. I feel like ever since I had my daughter, I have no self control about what I put in my mouth! It drives me crazy! So this week, my personal goal will be to eat healthy meals and say NO to unhealthy ones, especially desserts! Is there a spell to control hunger? That would be awesome! LOL
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    People don't know how to bring up things like that, and end up doing dumb things like writing letters. I had some young neighbours who who played loud music, everyone in the street hated it and there was talk about calling the police or getting their landlord to throw them out, and I was shocked to find that nobody had bothered to approach them and ask nicely.

I asked them to turn it down, they were really embarrassed and said they didn't realise it was disturbing people. :smile:

Go see him, smile and tell him he's being silly, and that you consider yourself a friend and that you're sure you can sort something out between you.

Let this escalate, retaliate, or let bad feelings brew and you'll end up with an enemy instead of a neighbour.

(But yeah, that was a crap thing for him to do!)
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

People are nuts. I don't understand why people don't just "TALK" to each other before going to other extremes, life would be much simpler that way!

Lol with "crucio", you may also use a disillusionment charm so he doesn't have to see the tree, lol
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    People don't know how to bring up things like that, and end up doing dumb things like writing letters. I had some young neighbours who who played loud music, everyone in the street hated it and there was talk about calling the police or getting their landlord to throw them out, and I was shocked to find that nobody had bothered to approach them and ask nicely.

I asked them to turn it down, they were really embarrassed and said they didn't realise it was disturbing people. :smile:

Go see him, smile and tell him he's being silly, and that you consider yourself a friend and that you're sure you can sort something out between you.

Let this escalate, retaliate, or let bad feelings brew and you'll end up with an enemy instead of a neighbour.

(But yeah, that was a crap thing for him to do!)

I would love to to talk to him but he hasn't been home since we received the letter?? Co winky dink I think not. We are trimming back the trees and having a dead one removed but I really wish he would have just said something.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options

People are nuts. I don't understand why people don't just "TALK" to each other before going to other extremes, life would be much simpler that way!

Lol with "crucio", you may also use a disillusionment charm so he doesn't have to see the tree, lol

A disillusionment charm might work. but I don't know he is old and cranky.
  • kelsue35
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON FELLO GRYFFS! HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH GREAT SUCCESSES! AIM SMALL REACH HIGH!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Day one of junk food detox went well. Almost hit a bump in the road when I found a tootsie roll in a drawer at work. I quickly closed the drawer and moved on. It's gonna be a long week. :sad: Somebody better eat that darn thing soon.