Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Want me to preform a vanishing spell over your numbers?? I learned it today. Sorry you been sick hope you feeling better.

That's very kind of you, but I need to practice for exams anyways :) I'm sure I'll get it down in no time!

Okay works for me. Hope you are having a better day today.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Been rather off the rails this last week, for the first time in over a year it became too much trouble to log all my calories. Not because I couldn't be bothered but because I've been experimenting with then preparing lots of different dinner party foods, in small quantities. The dinner party was on Sunday, there were TWENTY - TWO dishes in total (not all made by me) and I ate 21 of them!

On the plus side I had a very long uphill walk home afterwards, and yesterday I managed to stretch retrieving my car into a four mile hike.

I'm now back to eating "proper" food now, and did a load of gardening today. Amazingly I put less than a pound back on in the last week, and most of that's TOM I'm sure.

I've logged my calories today, I'm well under, and have decided to get back to eating at a bit of a deficit. Wish me luck fellow Gryffindors! :bigsmile:
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Been rather off the rails this last week, for the first time in over a year it became too much trouble to log all my calories. Not because I couldn't be bothered but because I've been experimenting with then preparing lots of different dinner party foods, in small quantities. The dinner party was on Sunday, there were TWENTY - TWO dishes in total (not all made by me) and I ate 21 of them!

On the plus side I had a very long uphill walk home afterwards, and yesterday I managed to stretch retrieving my car into a four mile hike.

I'm now back to eating "proper" food now, and did a load of gardening today. Amazingly I put less than a pound back on in the last week, and most of that's TOM I'm sure.

I've logged my calories today, I'm well under, and have decided to get back to eating at a bit of a deficit. Wish me luck fellow Gryffindors! :bigsmile:

Good Luck...glad your back on track.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Good morning LIONS

I'm having a really tough morning. :cry: I injured my knee last night and it really really hurts. I'm worried that it will throw off my working out. :mad:

I hope everyone else is enjoying hump day. I'll check back in later.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON! HOPE EVERYONES DAY IS GOING WELL AND ONLY GETS BETTER!!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Good morning LIONS

I'm having a really tough morning. :cry: I injured my knee last night and it really really hurts. I'm worried that it will throw off my working out. :mad:

Oh no! I'd say if you rest it up it will feel better faster. The priority is your health!
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Good morning LIONS

Oh no! I'd say if you rest it up it will feel better faster. The priority is your health!

Thanks, I'm trying to. My trainer and I only worked upper body today. I hate it when he was to get creative...LOL

I'm hoping it will get better soon, if not I gotta go see an othro which I really don't want to do.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Good morning LIONS

Oh that's so frustrating isn't it?

Great that you have a trainer, and I'm sure they'll give you plenty of upper body work, but do be careful during "non-workout" time that you don't aggravate the injury.

Remember, this is about looking after your body for the rest of your life, not just the next few months! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey Gryffs! How are we doing so far in Week 2?

I'm off to a slow start because I'm still pretty sick (as much as I want to rebel, my body's telling me otherwise).

I have our April Week 1 Prefects to announce!

Remember, I've decided to name BOTH Prefects based on the two highest combined OWLs/NEWTs/SPEWs score, because the most House Points for the month gets a chance at Head Boy/Girl, and the highest weight loss percentage gets to be Quidditch Captain!

We have THREE Prefects this week, due to a tie:

BrnldGirl and Juliebean_1027 / Kelsue35

Great work, ladies! I'm really impressed with how well we started this first week, even if we're not in the lead for the Cups. Let's work on improving our personal bests and the rest will surely follow!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Prefects! Great job!
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Good morning LIONS

Oh that's so frustrating isn't it?

Great that you have a trainer, and I'm sure they'll give you plenty of upper body work, but do be careful during "non-workout" time that you don't aggravate the injury.

Remember, this is about looking after your body for the rest of your life, not just the next few months! :)

I'm pretty much staying off it right now. Also icing it frequently and just all around babying it.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Hey Gryffs! How are we doing so far in Week 2?

I'm off to a slow start because I'm still pretty sick (as much as I want to rebel, my body's telling me otherwise).

I have our April Week 1 Prefects to announce!

Remember, I've decided to name BOTH Prefects based on the two highest combined OWLs/NEWTs/SPEWs score, because the most House Points for the month gets a chance at Head Boy/Girl, and the highest weight loss percentage gets to be Quidditch Captain!

We have THREE Prefects this week, due to a tie:

BrnldGirl and Juliebean_1027 / Kelsue35

Great work, ladies! I'm really impressed with how well we started this first week, even if we're not in the lead for the Cups. Let's work on improving our personal bests and the rest will surely follow!

I'm doing okay other than the injured leg of course...LOL

WOW prefect...how did that happen??

Congrats to the other two.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Well done prefects :drinker:
  • LottieLou13
    Options
    Good morning LIONS

Ouchies :frown: Be sure to rest it and don't do anything to push yourself to much in regards to lower body things because otherwise you can make it worse. I have a bad knee and its hard to make yourself stop when it hurts but you have to, to save yourself longer and worse pain in the future.

Good luck everyone with the OWLs this week, I'm setting myself a target of 5 a day....(due to dodge knee as said above :sad: )
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Good afternoon LIONS

The knee seems to be doing better today, but I'm going to continue to rest it for right now.

How is everyone else doing??
  • LottieLou13
    Options
    I'm snowed under in crochet orders (I have a shop on Etsy) so I'm struggling to fit in any exercise at the moment :frown: Also I can't wait for my hospital appt next week to see a consultant about my thyroid problem. I'm slowly getting more and more tired as the weeks are going on.... humpfff :grumble:

Glad the knee is feeling better, rest is best :smile:
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    I'm snowed under in crochet orders (I have a shop on Etsy) so I'm struggling to fit in any exercise at the moment :frown: Also I can't wait for my hospital appt next week to see a consultant about my thyroid problem. I'm slowly getting more and more tired as the weeks are going on.... humpfff :grumble:

Glad the knee is feeling better, rest is best :smile:

Good Afternoon LIONS - I sooo want to learn how to crochet. One of these days.

I just had my thyroid checked but they said it is fine and that is not a problem. GRRRR I wish the weight would just go away.

Knee is much better today. I worked out with my trianer and we did boxing. The knee wasn't too happy about it but I babied it and it felt sooooo good to just punch something. Tom always knows when I need to hit something...LOL

Sooo Tom mentioned that since we amped up my workouts that my body was just trying to tell me it needed to rest. So I offered my body a deal, it starts dropping weight on a regular basis and I'll start letting it rest...I thought that was a fair deal.

Anyway hope all the rest of you LIONS have something totally exciting going on since you haven't been around.

Have an awesome day. :bigsmile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

That's ok, life happens! I really don't expect us all to be in here 24-7. We all have things to do, and I'd be satisfied with once or twice a week if we can swing it. Once a day is better, but not always realistic, and I get that :)

I hope you get caught up soon, and your thyroid problem gets straightened out soon!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Knee is much better today. I worked out with my trianer and we did boxing. The knee wasn't too happy about it but I babied it and it felt sooooo good to just punch something. Tom always knows when I need to hit something...LOL

Sooo Tom mentioned that since we amped up my workouts that my body was just trying to tell me it needed to rest. So I offered my body a deal, it starts dropping weight on a regular basis and I'll start letting it rest...I thought that was a fair deal.

Anyway hope all the rest of you LIONS have something totally exciting going on since you haven't been around.

Have an awesome day. :bigsmile:

Haha! That's funny, but I think there's some truth to needing rest :)

Have a great weekend, friends!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Saw Underworld today. Very disappointed. Came home. Ate dinner kind of late, then went for a run. Had to do it as it was getting dark, but I knew it wasn't the best idea. It's very unpleasant to run while trying not to vomit. Sorry, lol. But I still did it and now on to week 8 of c25k!

Have a great weekend, Gryffs! Make good choices.