Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OWL challenge
    Stretching is the focus. If you never stretch, add 10 minutes of stretching to your workout. Each day you do this give yourself 5 owls. If you are a regular stretcher (like me and cpa8198) add 5 additional minutes to your normal stretching routine. Each day you do this give yourself 5 owls.

Yikes, this is going to be a real challenge for me. I'm just not a fan of stretching but I'll do it for the OWLs, for the team! XD

I'm not sure if I'll be weighing in tomorrow. I've just started my shark week, overate the other night in a craze of lady time craziness, and definitely have some extra bloat going on. But I think I will, just because it's good to have that recorded and to keep me accountable in the future. But if I don't weigh in, that's going to be why haha.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, well I am up one pound--not too surprised, plus I weighed in after breakfast 8 ( --but not too focused on scale, although am very happy when it is moving down. Will see better results next week. Have a great Sunday, and Mother's Day. See you all tomorrow..
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,432 Member
    Options
    What I THOUGHtT was going to be a day with more walking turned out to be more like a road-rally orienteering event. But really enjoyed my day of touring artist studios and gardens in West Carleton. They were just more spread out than I realized.

So I didn't get all my exercising in, had a Pub Food supper out, and so my Sunday Weigh-In is artificially up a 1/2 pound (if I had weighed in on Sat morning, it would probably have been down!) Last week, I was up a 1/2 pound on the Sunday because of our wedding anniversary dinner on Saturday, but had "processed" the 1/2 pound by Tuesday.

And NEXT Saturday, I will be attending the first wedding in The Next Generation ... my oldest niece. So I better apply Lessons Learned and not wait til Sunday to weigh in! :laugh:
  • Molly_Louise
    Molly_Louise Posts: 503
    Options
    Happy mothers day to all of those in the US! Mothers day in the UK was back in March so it was funny for me to read mothers day messages on my homepage this morning.

Great challenges, thanks for those who contributed towards them. Good luck all!

We have had another good week with our stats, but don't forget to weigh in by Monday night as every ounce counts!

I didn't have time to weigh in today so I will do it tomorrow if I can, but I am expecting a gain as I haven't been making the best food choices at all. I can't wait for school to be over and so I can get out on my bike. I love cycling and already have some routes planned that I want to try out. They're about 5 miles each way so I am really looking forward to getting this excess weight off as it should be a great bit of exercise.

US moms, how was your mothers day? I hope you've all be spoilt!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day to all moms! I hope everyone had a great day/weekend
    Lost 0. 5 pounds this week. I'll take it. Had a great bike ride this weekend. I can not believe my race is in 1 week. It is not quite real yet. It it will be at race orientation next Saturday! I think most of you know my race of choice, but for those that don't, it is a sprint triathlon. This is a short one... 250 yard swim/9 mile bike/2 mile run. This is my first race "away from home" though it is only about 30 minutes from where I live.

Molly I am glad you are surviving the end of school! Have a great time biking! I didn't know Mother's day is in March in England. Learn something new every day! I hope you are able to get your surgery before you leave for school. I think that it will make a huge difference in the number of times you get sick.
    Moe-Glad to hear you are going to give stretching a try. I love it now and actually look forward to it at the end of a workout. Plus it add extra HP :)
    BeeJ sounds like a fun, relaxing weekend and another one coming up!
    Suzie-great attitude I like to think of no weight loss or a weight gain as "practice for maintaining my goal weight"
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Swapped "activity" for "exercise" today, but still logged it. Cleaned out the garage and pruned the tree in the front yard (it got some kind of fungal growth due to such a wet spring)

Here's one of those sayings that can apply to ANYTHING, but is especially valid AND easy to remember for food or exercise or maintenance activities:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: If it is to be, it is up to me. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's a new week, everyone! Have a good one!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    urgh i just realized i haven't been putting my exercise minutes on the spreadsheet. i'm so over not using MFP at work I don't care anymore. I'm going to start logging again from work, it's messing me up big time and it's so much easier to log in food. ladies monday morning i'll be back in action and on the boards.

oh fyi all you teachers out there i need some advice, please. i'm looking at teacher prep problems to do a career change...yeah i know right in the middle of a bad economy but what can i say i'm a glutton for punishment.

i'm in california and apparently i have to take all these tests cbest cset and something else. it's kinda of a headache but i just wanted to know how you came out to be a teacher.

oh yeah and i got a bunch of workout dvds that i haven't had time to try but will be working on that this week.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I was a little confused, looking at the Week 3 & 4 Month Challenges - Are there NO NEWTS to earn in Wk 3, but healthy snacking NEWTS in Wk 4, or was that just a transcription error? :huh:

Thanks in advance for clearing that up! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • keyboardwench
    Options
    I was a little confused, looking at the Week 3 & 4 Month Challenges - Are there NO NEWTS to earn in Wk 3, but healthy snacking NEWTS in Wk 4, or was that just a transcription error? :huh:

Also wondering about this too! :3 I was afraid of bringing it up though haha.

Bought a food scale today and I've just had my first meal with it - makes such a difference! I have been really overestimating how much chicken I've been eating, apparently. Yay for accuracy, I just want to have better ideas because it looks like my current ones are off a bit. Not going to get too crazy/obsessive haha
  • carolinagirl7
    Options

Sorry for the confusion. So much for the wonders of copy and paste :) We do have both the OWL challenge (stretching) and NEWT challenge (healthy snacking) for this week! I have updated the spreadsheet.
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Drum Roll Please...................

The prefects of Hufflepuff are BeeJ and skinnysuzie

Congrats to the both of you!

BeeJ can you message me a NEWT challenge by next Wed, and Suzie can you message me a OWL challenge by next Wed.
    And don't forget as an added bonus in 2 weeks BeeJ starts off with an additional 10 NEWTS and Suzie will start off with 10 OWLS
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks Carolina Girl, I will put my thinking cap on. I had a wonderful Mother's Day, as always, but this year I was blessed with an unusual and unexpected gift. My daughter is pregnant with her first baby, and we just found out on Friday that she is expecting twins. She had an ultrasound and my son-in-law recorded it with his phone and fowarded to me. I got to hear those beautiful heartbeats. Technology has come so far, it absolutely amazes me that I was able to share in this experience even though they are in another state. I felt like I was in the room with them. PS. these babies will be my first grandchildren, and I cannot wait to meet them. Have a great night everyone.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the twins Skinnysuzie!!!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I feel very privilaged to be named a prefect so soon after joining this House! I have thought of a NEWT and will be sending it to carolinagirl7 shortly.

Today is also my "Golden Anniversary" on MFP - 50 consecutive logins in a row (which is also 50 days since I signed up :bigsmile: )

Congrats to skinnysuzie on being a grandma-in-waiting. Isn't technology wonderful? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Except, of course, when it doesn't work ... and the same sentance goes like: Isn't technology wonderful! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: (hard to show tone-of-voice in a posting :laugh: )
  • keyboardwench
    Options
    So much good news in here! Congrats on the twins skinnysuzie and also the golden anniversary BeeJ! And for the prefect stuff, that's awesome! (Although I'm new I still get that it's a good thing, yay being prefect right?)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    So much good news in here! Congrats on the twins skinnysuzie and also the golden anniversary BeeJ! And for the prefect stuff, that's awesome! (Although I'm new I still get that it's a good thing, yay being prefect right?)

It's British Boarding School Speak for Hufflepuff Student Body Co-president (sort of). Means you scored highest in accumulated NEWTS or OWLS since the last prefects were announced. Be sure to log all your exercise hours and completed OWLS and NEWTS in the Hufflepuff spreadsheet! 'Cause even new-comers like us can wind up ahead of the pack! :bigsmile:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Read this article! It is about activating the psycology of delay between the brain realizes you are full, and when you over-stuffed your stomach capacity by eating too much too quickly.

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/empowered-health/Minute+Diet+tips+losing+weight+without+even+trying/6567363/story.html#ixzz1uxk8c7d2

Read ALL the captions under each of the 14 photos, pick a combination to try, and let me know the results!
  • Molly_Louise
    Molly_Louise Posts: 503
    Options
    Hey everyone.

There's a problem on the spreadsheet which I have attempted to fix, but please check that your name is still on it someone's name as been deleted but I can't work out who. Please add yourself back on and any details that are missing.

The last week of May (week commencing May 27th) will be a week off from inter-house competitions. Karen and I have not discussed what will be going on within the house that week so we will keep you updated about that. We will not have a spreadsheet running that week but it will start up again the first weekend of June, with weigh ins being able to be posted 1st - 4th and OWLs/NEWTs challenges starting on the 3rd. I hope this makes sense! I am letting you know early so we can all think of ideas about what we'd like to do in that week.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    My boot camp class has moved out doors. plus I have signed up for June and July. The breeze was great, but the bugs were getting bad by the end. Only a week and a half more, then the classes (starting in June) will be earlier in the evening, in order to be finished before the worst of the bugs come out.

I also did 20 mins of Wii Fit Yoga for my stretching.