Hufflepuff Common Room

Options
azsuzi
azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
Welcome to all Hufflepuffs!

Replies

• Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hello! I hope you're all able to find your way over to the new common room.

It's almost the weekend, yay! It's just gone 10pm here in England while it's the middle of the day for a lot of you, so I'm off to bed and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow :drinker:
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    gah. posted stats on the old page then saw this new one and had to learn how to join a group. it's all proving too much for me this evening - i'm going to bed. n'night.

weekly stats so far:
    newts - 22
    owls - 4
    house points 144
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Ugh I am NOT happy about all these MFP changes :mad: ! This will be a bit of a nightmare this week to compile all the information from both threads. Boo! :explode: Anyway Welcome Hufflepuffs.
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    where do you want us to post? i'll do whatever's easiest. i find it difficult enough to keep up with all the posts from one thread so perhaps we should all move to this one or save the other one for stats only.
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The best House of all!!

Queeda - Let us know what will be easiest for you to compile all the numbers.

I think that we (each person) should go back and total up everything from November 6 to now.

- Easiest way to do that is to go to your own profile
    - On the lower left is MY RECENT FORUM POSTS
    - Click on VIEW ALL
    -Then you can see everything you have ever posted

That should only take each person 5-10 mins.... Instead of taking Queeda an hour or more.

My opinion.
    I will be back later... here or there to post what I need too!

:heart:
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The best House of all!!

Queeda - Let us know what will be easiest for you to compile all the numbers.

I think that we (each person) should go back and total up everything from November 6 to now.

- Easiest way to do that is to go to your own profile
    - On the lower left is MY RECENT FORUM POSTS
    - Click on VIEW ALL
    -Then you can see everything you have ever posted

That should only take each person 5-10 mins.... Instead of taking Queeda an hour or more.

My opinion.
    I will be back later... here or there to post what I need too!

:heart:

Ooooooh this sounds like an awesome idea! Thanks for the suggestion Jenn! So if you can I would love for you to do this ... If you can't I will no worries, but please start posting here so we can stick with our fellow Hogwartians.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    gah. posted stats on the old page then saw this new one and had to learn how to join a group. it's all proving too much for me this evening - i'm going to bed. n'night.

weekly stats so far:
    newts - 22
    owls - 4
    house points 144

Hello! I heard you were low on Hufflepuffs, so I've decided to sort myself into Hufflepuff House, if that's all right with you guys. :) I'm new to this group, so could someone explain what the weekly stats are about and how to earn those points? I'd like to start contributing, if possible. :) Thanks, guys!
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Okay, looking back at my stats since Nov. 6th: 18 Newts, 135 Housepoints so...3 Owls I suppose. Hope that's right.

I'm not excited for tomorrow's weigh in. I have had one of those weeks where I have just felt hungry all the time. I'm sure it's the lack of sleep fooling my body into thinking it's hunger. Parent teacher conferences are almost over! Sleep, sweet sleep....
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    OK, so I figured out how to join the common room, and as a result I am way late in starting to get ready for work, should be walking out the door. Soooo, will get back on tonight to explore our new home.
  • skinnysuzie
    Options
    Also, in looking for the Hogwarts common room, I found a place where I can add my weight loss ticker to the bottom of my posts, so am happy about that. 8 ).....now just to add a picture, although that is just a matter of doing it.
  • skinnysuzie
    Options
    Also, in looking for the Hogwarts common room, I found a place where I can add my weight loss ticker to the bottom of my posts, so am happy about that. 8 ).....now just to add a picture, although that is just a matter of doing it.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Since I only started 3 days ago, adding up my numbres was pretty easy. Including yesterday, my numbers are
    Newts = 43
    Owls = 3
    HP = 115

And my starting weight is 150.2
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Howdy Y'all!! I need some southern lovin' and warmth! Brrr - Cold in Chicago! 35F Made for a chilly bike ride into work!

November 6 to November 9 Stats

OWLs - 18
    NEWTs - 61
    House Points - 565
  • bumflapassassin
    Options

weekly stats so far:
    newts - 22
    owls - 4
    house points 144

Hello! I heard you were low on Hufflepuffs, so I've decided to sort myself into Hufflepuff House, if that's all right with you guys. :) I'm new to this group, so could someone explain what the weekly stats are about and how to earn those points? I'd like to start contributing, if possible. :) Thanks, guys!

Well, each week we have a food (newt) challenge and an exercise (owl) challenge - they change from week to week.

This week we are gaining 1 newt per piece of fruit and 1 for each glass of water.

We are also earning 1 owl per 30mins of exercise we do each day. The house points relate to total mins exercised.

At the end of the month our lovely head of house totals everyone's house points and we go against the other houses for the quidditch cup (a most prestigious award!).

Something else happens with weekly weigh-ins which you can give between Friday-Monday each week. The heads of houses do some crazy calculations and the house with the biggest % lost wins the house cup for the month.

Prefects are chosen 2x monthly and get to choose the challenges.

And I think that's it. Please correct me if any of this is wrong people!

weekly stats so far:
    newts - 31
    owls - 4
    house points - 218
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the explanation! I appreciate it. :)

Here are my weekly stats so far (Mon, Tues, Wed only):
    Owls: 13
    Newts: 60
    House Points: 815

Also, my starting weight is 220.0 (weekly weigh-in day is Tuesday)

One more question... can I give my exercise/fruit/water stats for last week, too, so we can get some extra points? Or only for this week, since I didn't officially join till yesterday?
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    no problem :wink: last week we had different challenges and I believe that Queeda has done the maths already so I imagine you'll just have to start from this week but if you do this much working out typically I don't think you'll have much problem catching up!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    As requested, stats from Nov 6 up until today, Nov 10 :)

OWLs (in total) - 6
    NEWTs - 45
    House Points - 200

Weight is up 1lb to 160. Boo.

I have a very bad relationship with my mum and step dad, but that's a whole other post. They're very un-supportive of my weight loss and every day is a battle with them. They want me to be someone I'm not, and I'm not the daughter they want me to be. It's an endless, very vicious circle which has heavily contributed towards my depression...which they think I'm lying about. How do you all cope with those who are un-supportive? It's really dragging me down, this week especially.
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    I have been depressed and I find that when I get a wave of it, it's good to feel it for a little while but then I make myself do things I know I enjoy even if I really don't feel like doing it at the time. You appear to be a hard working and kind person with great aspirations though so I can't imagine how your parents might be disappointed in you. It is crud that they think you're lying about being down...are you sure they just don't know how to deal with it? Find the people who are supportive for the moment and remember that tomorrow is Friday and after 5pm the difficult week you've had can eff-off!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I have been depressed and I find that when I get a wave of it, it's good to feel it for a little while but then I make myself do things I know I enjoy even if I really don't feel like doing it at the time. You appear to be a hard working and kind person with great aspirations though so I can't imagine how your parents might be disappointed in you. It is crud that they think you're lying about being down...are you sure they just don't know how to deal with it? Find the people who are supportive for the moment and remember that tomorrow is Friday and after 5pm the difficult week you've had can eff-off!

Thank you for that, I really mean it. Thank you.

It's possible that they don't know how to deal with it. In all honesty, I hadn't ever thought about it like that before. Whenever I try and talk with them about it [depression], I get told how "I can't have depression because I'm always happy" (step fathers words. I wish there was an eye rolling smiley). I wish they could see how I may act happy but I'm not, it's all an act. Thinking about it, I think my mum knows that I'm telling the truth and crying out for help, but can't deal with it and can't give me all the help I need.

Roll on 5pm tomorrow!
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    no problem :flowerforyou:

I remember that my parents spent a while trying to force things on me and they'd be quite mean at times but I know now that they were just at a loss for what to do to help. I remember dad saying that I just had to "shake" myself and "get on with it" and my mum would just sit on my bed for hours talking to me about nothing while I lay there wishing she'd go. It really is an awful feeling; only you can get yourself out and it takes time.

This is a really good comic about depression:
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html

I hope you find your way through it soon.