Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    these are my stats:

oh wait i don't have any cuz i don't know what they meeeeeean cuz i don't know what's going on here. someone let me in the know

I will message you all the details and you can get started on the challenges tomorrow. It's my birthday so give me about an hour. Welcome to the Hufflepuffs!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    OWLs = 1 SET OF 10 PUSH-UPS (Any style)
    NEWTs = 2 PER EACH CLEAN MEAL/SNACK YOU EAT
    HOUSE POINTS = 1 PER 1 MINUTE OF EXERCISE

Molly posted this... It may help.

Our exercise challenges are reported in OWLs with food challenges being reported back in NEWTs. We take part in month long 'inter house' competitions against the other houses (Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Slytherin) and this month's is exercise minutes. 1 house point for every minute of exercise you do. Some people prefer to post weekly totals at the end of the week (including exercise minutes, despite it being a month long challenge) but some prefer to do it on a daily basis. It's up to you how you report back :smile:

I'm in England with most of the other Huffles being in North America, at least 5 hours behind me and so I always get a little confused about how long challenges last for :laugh: :blushing:

For me, 'my challenges' run Sunday to Saturday, because the following day the new challenge starts, but as I said, I get confused about when the challenges actually start but that's because of my time difference. I'm pretty sure they're Sunday-Saturday though, because the follow day is the start of a new challenge which is posted earlier that weekend.

We compete against the other houses for exercise minutes (as mentioned), as well as weight loss and this is calculated in percentage. Your weekly weight has to be posted sometime between Friday and Sunday (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and if you've lost weight, that loss, along with any other losses are calculated into a percentage and then we see who wins!

I hope this hasn't made things 10 times more complicated :laugh: Welcome!

**Queeda - I posted after you. Ugh! :0)
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    these are my stats:

oh wait i don't have any cuz i don't know what they meeeeeean cuz i don't know what's going on here. someone let me in the know

I will message you all the details and you can get started on the challenges tomorrow. It's my birthday so give me about an hour. Welcome to the Hufflepuffs!

hey, thanks!! i'm excited!
  • Mymag
    Options
    OWLs = 1 SET OF 10 PUSH-UPS (Any style)
    NEWTs = 2 PER EACH CLEAN MEAL/SNACK YOU EAT
    HOUSE POINTS = 1 PER 1 MINUTE OF EXERCISE

Molly posted this... It may help.

Our exercise challenges are reported in OWLs with food challenges being reported back in NEWTs. We take part in month long 'inter house' competitions against the other houses (Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Slytherin) and this month's is exercise minutes. 1 house point for every minute of exercise you do. Some people prefer to post weekly totals at the end of the week (including exercise minutes, despite it being a month long challenge) but some prefer to do it on a daily basis. It's up to you how you report back :smile:

I'm in England with most of the other Huffles being in North America, at least 5 hours behind me and so I always get a little confused about how long challenges last for :laugh: :blushing:

For me, 'my challenges' run Sunday to Saturday, because the following day the new challenge starts, but as I said, I get confused about when the challenges actually start but that's because of my time difference. I'm pretty sure they're Sunday-Saturday though, because the follow day is the start of a new challenge which is posted earlier that weekend.

We compete against the other houses for exercise minutes (as mentioned), as well as weight loss and this is calculated in percentage. Your weekly weight has to be posted sometime between Friday and Sunday (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and if you've lost weight, that loss, along with any other losses are calculated into a percentage and then we see who wins!

I hope this hasn't made things 10 times more complicated :laugh: Welcome!

**Queeda - I posted after you. Ugh! :0)

this was really helpful. i'm excited :) and it makes me super motivated!! i'm competitive, so i feel like this group is just what i need.
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    (I had veggie soup but did use canned tomatoes and chicken broth)
    LOL...I made a potato/kale soup yesterday. I was glad I read the challenge before I made it, because I would have added chicken broth and canned tomatoes to mine as well. A little bit less taste that my soups have, but it came out pretty good

Jenn...Thanks for the websites for additional information. Your timing couldn't have been better for me. I try to strive for the least additives...but it can be tough anymore!

And to all, I have truly enjoyed reading everyone's history, a very diverse group indeed.
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Yay I love it when my Hufflepuffs help out! Thank you Jenn and Molly :flowerforyou:
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Most of us have been together since the Hufflepuff House re-opened. We are pretty close, some like me are over sharer's, we are here to help each other get healthy. We are all at different stages. Welcome! Keep track of everything! :0)
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a backpacking trip this weekend...Going to get lots of house points for us...but my clean eating may suffer...going to try to figure out a way to eat healthy without having to lug around 10 lbs of veggies. Any suggestions?
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey Hufflepuffs! It's my birthday so I am just checking in to remind you to check in! Lol I need those weights and house points! Thanks!

Happy Birthday. Love the picture.You look fabulous!
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say, I am sore after those 10 wimpy girl push-ups I did yesterday--Holy cow, how long has it been since I have done any upper body work? Waaaay too long evidently.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    hello

do you mind if i join you all?
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    hello

Yes! Welcome to Hufflepuff! My name is Queeda ... I am the Hufflepuff Head of House!
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    hello

Yes! Welcome to Hufflepuff! My name is Queeda ... I am the Hufflepuff Head of House!

:D yay thank you. cant wait to get started!! would you be able to tell me what the challanges are?
  • Mymag
    Options
    hello

yay, i'm happy someone else is just joining too :)
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    confession i went home straight after work instead of going to the gym and ended up going to sleep at 7p. i didn't do 30DS either but i got up early today and walked my dogs.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Well you can't change yesterday but you made a good choice this morning. I bet your dogs were thrilled to get to go for a walk.
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    IT's turning out to be another failure of a week. Why do I feel so naff? I would like to take my skin off and whack it on a wall.

Week's (lame *kitten*) stats so far:
    No newts or owls yet unless peanuts count as a clean food. In which case I get one newt.
    75 house points.
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    IT's turning out to be another failure of a week. Why do I feel so naff? I would like to take my skin off and whack it on a wall.

Week's (lame *kitten*) stats so far:
    No newts or owls yet unless peanuts count as a clean food. In which case I get one newt.
    75 house points.

Sorry it's 240 house points