Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love hearing about all the cultures. My kids are like the 1st generation Americans on my in laws side. My mil was born in Germany during WW2 and my fil was born in France! My family has been here for much longer than that. America is truly a big melting pot.
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new members, it is exciting to see our house grow.
    Here are my stats for the last three days

11/11/11

Newts: 8 (6waters, 2 fruits)
    Owls: 0
    House Points: 22

11/12/11

Newts: 4
    Owls: 1
    House Points: 50

11/13/11

Newts: 0? I had vegetable soup, all vegetables, and a tiny bit of chicken breast, however I did use canned chicken broth, and tomatoes so I am thinking these were processed and I do not get to count the soup, am I right?
    House Points: 0

My weight for this week is 162.0, 8 )
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Does water count towards Newts points, or just the food this week?
  • asltiffm
    Options
    My weighin is 151.0...up .8 from last week. :o( I figured it would go up since I stayed up so late every night and snacked because I was so tired. This week doesn't look any better as I have a bunch of stuff to get ready before I head out for a weekend backpacking trip.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    morning here are my stats-
    11/11: 3 NEWTs 3 OWLs 101 HP
    11/12: 2 NEWTs 3 OWLs 92 HP
    11/13: 1 NEWTs 3 OWLs 109 HP
    weight in today at 297.4

i'm dreading the clean eating challenge. i've already off to a horrible start with eating a breakfast sandwich. i've been planning my meals but i've been using frozen lunches and not having enough veggies.
  • asltiffm
    Options
    11/13

Newts: 10 (3 fruit - 7 water)
    HP: 0

Not feeling so good this weekend. Took a break from everything active. Feeling better today, going to get back in it. I've already done one set of pushups (ouch!).

A question: Do almond butter and cheese count as clean foods?
  • asltiffm
    Options
    morning here are my stats-
    11/11: 3 NEWTs 3 OWLs 101 HP
    11/12: 2 NEWTs 3 OWLs 92 HP
    11/13: 1 NEWTs 3 OWLs 109 HP
    weight in today at 297.4

i'm dreading the clean eating challenge. i've already off to a horrible start with eating a breakfast sandwich. i've been planning my meals but i've been using frozen lunches and not having enough veggies.

You can do it! It's just one week. Who knows, you may find you enjoy having more veggies in your diet and it will become a habit for you.
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    November 10-12 Stats:

OWLs - 12
    NEWTs - 40
    House Points - 396

Weigh-In - 162.0

New Week - 11/13/11 Stats

OWLs - 0
    NEWTs - 2
    House Points - 40

Lazy bum yesterday... Ate gallons of processed junk. Ugh! Back to normal now...
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Feeling lazy waiting for my DIRTY FOOD to cook in the oven (sorry guys but food is not my strong point).

In response to the discussion about culture/heritage I know that my mum's side of the family were travellers with a carnival or circus or something and mum's parents settled in Essex although mum tells me that she used to go and travel with the others and work with them during school holidays. Mum was one of nine children and elected to move out and live with her grandparents because the house was too chaotic for her. Her dad fought in WW2.

Dad grew up in Sheffield and his side of the family tree has been traced back to some kind of knight from long ago which sounds exciting but I don't know anything else about it. I know that we also had relatives who were slave traders. Not our greatest moment. Dad's dad was caught up in the miner struggles, also fought in WW2 and his mum worked in factories during the same war.

er...that may not be so interesting but never mind, I've written it now so I'll post it.
  • momie0205
    Options
    I am still at 172. this week I plan to have this number change by next monday. I am refreshed and ready to get skinny. Sorry for all my absentness. I plan to be a better hufflepuff though. All the birthdays are out of the way now.
  • Jenn_W
    Options
    Feeling lazy waiting for my DIRTY FOOD to cook in the oven (sorry guys but food is not my strong point).

Bah- ha-ha! Eating DIRTY! LOL!

I found your family history interesting.

ENJOY YOUR DIRTY FOOD!!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Stats for the 14th.

OWLs - 1
    NEWTs - 0
    House Points - 30

Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet? I need to start mine!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet? I need to start mine!

No, I'm making everyone hats.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    does oat meal, chobani greek yogurt and frosted mini wheats count as eating clean? frosted mini wheats are my go-to-meal and i've fallen in love with the great selection chobani has.

culturally i'm mexican-american whatever that means. parents were born in california, grandparents born in california & texas, great grandparents were born in nex mexico/mexico but their parents were germany and native indians.
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Speaking of cultures, it would be interesting to hear about everyone's culture and heritage if you all didn't mind sharing.

I'm mostly British, German, and Norwegian i think, but i'm also 1/4 Colombian. My great, great grandma was a native Colombian head hunter :) My grandpa knows how to shrink heads, too, and I know he's told some of my cousins, but if he ever told me how, I forgot.
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Stats
    11/13/11 start weight is 200.0 pounds
    NEWTS 8 OWLS 2 House points 30

11/14/11 NEWTS 4 OWLS 0 House points 100

Clean eating is hard, it is something I have been striving towards, but only recently discovered there was a name and tons of information for what I was trying to achieve. I still have trouble trying trying to identify certain foods as "clean" I will continue to eat whole grain products (with nothing artificial added I can read on the ingredients), greek yogurt (chobani), cheese and almond butter (natural). Can anyone tell me if these products are considered clean?
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    hello everyone

here are my stats for today

11/14

newts: 0 (I had veggie soup but did use canned tomatoes and chicken broth)

Owls: 1

House Points: 33

What a great food challenge, I think all of the food I eat is dirty with the exception of salads.
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    these are my stats:

oh wait i don't have any cuz i don't know what they meeeeeean cuz i don't know what's going on here. someone let me in the know
  • Jenn_W
    Options
    Here is some more links:

http://www.cleaneatingonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48:how-to-eat-clean&catid=36:how-to-eat-clean&Itemid=54

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/clean-eat-diet

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/

http://www.thefitshack.com/2008/04/15/what-does-eating-clean-really-mean/

**** Be honest with yourself and you make the call if it is clean. More than likely if all's you have to do is heat it up, it probably isn't clean. But some sites list yogurt/toast/oatmeal - just go for the most natural/least additives.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hey Hufflepuffs! It's my birthday so I am just checking in to remind you to check in! Lol I need those weights and house points! Thanks!