Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• momie0205
    Options
    I am not sure what the other challenges are but I have 80 house points this week so far.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Having such a blah week. Tomorrow is my first cheat day since joining MFP 86 days ago, so I'm excited about it! Won't be able to check in here tomorrow as I won't have the chance to get online.

I think I forgot to post yesterdays stats? If so,

OWLs - 1
    NEWTs - 0
    House Points - 60

Today 16/11

OWLs - 0
    NEWTs - 2
    House Points - 60
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have got one newt! I'm pleased with it.

Edit: by the way, I have hurt my back so no exercise for me. Apparently yoga makes me slightly too flexible so same stats as posted yesterday but with a baby newt.
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what the other challenges are but I have 80 house points this week so far.

These are the challenges for this week. They will change on a weekly basis
    NEWTs.....

This week I want everyone to try and eat clean. Try dropping some processed foods.

From eatingcleanworks.com:
    "In a nutshell, eating clean is the practice of eating whole, natural foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and complex carbohydrates. It also means staying away from the junk that typically makes up the Standard American Diet (S.A.D) These types of food include man-made sugar, bad fats (hydrogenated, trans-fat), preservatives, white bread, and any other ingredients that are unnecessary. An easy way to remember if a food is clean is: "if man made it, don't eat it." "

So each meal or snack that you eat that is clean you earn 2 NEWTs (a max of 12 per day for those-like me- that eat 6 times a day). So, fruits/veggies/lean meats will earn you points!!

OWL challenge for this week is pushups 1 OWL for every 10 pushups

I am new too...Hope this helps!
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    11/16/2011 stats:

Newts: 6
    OWL's 1
    House points 60

Been enjoying the 3rd round of Indian summer this week...Supposed to come to an end tomorrow...and back to normal temps. though temps are not horrible for me here, like up North (Sorry Jenn I can empathize...I did grow up on Lake Erie)...but I have become spoiled with minimal winter weather we have here---though some may disagree with my definition of minimal weather!
    Hope everyone has a happy Thursday...and Molly...Have a great time and enjoy every minute of your cheat day. You have earned it!
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    I start feeling really good about a meal or snack being clean and then I destroy it with a big blob or ranch or sour cream. I think "condiments" will be the death of me!!!!

2 Newts for today- I had one "clean" snack today (a kiwi and a cup of herbal tea) but no clean meals.

Just realized I forgot about House Points...I have logged 90 since Sunday. No Owls though-keep forgetting those darn pushups!!!
  • holyguacamole37
    holyguacamole37 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Today's Stats:
    95 House Points
    2 NEWTs
    1 OWL (OUCH.)
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I start feeling really good about a meal or snack being clean and then I destroy it with a big blob or ranch or sour cream. I think "condiments" will be the death of me!!!!

2 Newts for today- I had one "clean" snack today (a kiwi and a cup of herbal tea) but no clean meals.

Just realized I forgot about House Points...I have logged 90 since Sunday. No Owls though-keep forgetting those darn pushups!!!

instead of sour cream use plain greek yogurt. it works great especially if you whip it you don't feel so guilty for topping your meals with a hug blob of it.

my stats for this week so far
    mon
    0 owl 0 newt 0hp
    tues
    0 owl 0 newt 85hp
    wed
    3 owl 0newt 98hp

our challenge weeks are from monday to sunday right? sometimes i get confused being over here in the pacific time zone.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    my points for yesterday

11/16

owls- 1
    newts- 6
    hp-166
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options

instead of sour cream use plain greek yogurt. it works great especially if you whip it you don't feel so guilty for topping your meals with a hug blob of it.

mon
    0 owl 0 newt 0hp
    tues
    0 owl 0 newt 85hp
    wed
    3 owl 0newt 98hp

our challenge weeks are from monday to sunday right? sometimes i get confused being over here in the pacific time zone.
  • skinnysuzie
    Options

You are right. Our challenges start on Sunday.

mon
    0 owl 0 newt 0hp
    tues
    0 owl 0 newt 85hp
    wed
    3 owl 0newt 98hp

• skinnysuzie
    Options
    DaniZ...your are correct. Our challenges start on Sunday.

My stats for yesterday:

Newts: 1
    Owls: 1
    House Pts: 0 (
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    thanks for the clarification skinny
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    my points for today

11/17

owls-1
    newts-4
    hp-165
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Stats for the week so far:

NEWTS 1
    OWLS 0 (sorry, first I was lazy then I hurt myself)
    House Points 290

Went swimming today and was shocked at how much my eyesight has deteriorated; I had to ask directions both to the toilets and also where the steps to the pool were because I just can't see anything without my specs :embarassed:
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I know we are all Hogwartians, but is anyone going to see Breaking Dawn? I am also a Twilight freak! I am so excited. I am going with my girls at 12:01!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I know we are all Hogwartians, but is anyone going to see Breaking Dawn? I am also a Twilight freak! I am so excited. I am going with my girls at 12:01!

I have a date with one of my friends back home to see it NEXT Friday... Not sure if I am more excited to see her or the movie. We have went see all of them together, so it is our 'thing'... Have a great time with the Girls!!! <3
  • holyguacamole37
    Options
    Today's Stats:
    50 HP
    1 OWL
    2 NEWTs =)
  • holyguacamole37
    Options
    Today's Stats:
    50 HP
    1 OWL
    2 NEWTs =)
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Today's stats

HP 65
    OWL's 0
    Newts 2

SOOOOO ready for Friday and the weekend!