Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    About 2 years ago, I started taking diet pills and lost 43. I was very happy to finally be thin, but I physically felt ill. Plus, I lost it all WAY too fast.

Hi Jennifer,

I often wondered about those diet pills and whether or not they actually work. After reading your take on them, I am glad I decided not to try them :ohwell:
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Oh, they definitely work... as long as you're taking them. You drop the weight fast and furiously. But according to my story and anyone else I've ever known who takes them, you gain most or all of it back within a year of stopping. My opinion is the reason you gain it back is because you don't change your lifestyle. The pill is the easy way out. You're just not hungry, so you don't eat, and it melts off of you like crazy. So you continue to eat whatever you like, just in smaller portions. (which is ok to do anyway, with moderation) I don't think diet pills are the devil, honestly. I think they do what they are designed to do, and I think they are a good boost for someone who is starting off morbidly obese. But I do think they are abused, prescribed way to fast and easily to those who don't really need them, and are taken way too long without proper education on lifestyle changes. They also have some nasty side effects... terrible dry mouth, insomnia, hyperactivity, and irritability.
  • Ange0NZ
    Options
    My goodness. I can see why people would gain it all back after stopping. Sounds like they are more or less starving their body because the diet pills make them think that they do not need as much food. I'll stick to the slow and steady rate I think. More sustainable in the long term :smile:
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Ange, and Jennifer!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We just started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • Alraines1
    Alraines1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am Adrinne, a 32 year old mother of 3. I need to lose around 50 pounds total. I'm already down 10 and well on my way. I've done myfitnesspal a few times with different user names and such but I am committed now, more so than before and am excited about just the overall health benefits of losing weight.
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ange0NZ, There just aren't any shortcuts in dieting. And I like your profile pic! You look determined and happy. :)
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Adrinne!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We just started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • Ange0NZ
    Options
    Ange0NZ, There just aren't any shortcuts in dieting. And I like your profile pic! You look determined and happy. :)

Thank you! Yes, very happy. That was me racing my students on the beach (I'm a school teacher) and as big as this ole' girl is - amazingly, I won!
  • vanessaruiz0319
    vanessaruiz0319 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Vanessa I'm from Puerto Rico. I'm looking for new friends for support. Sometimes this can be frustrating :sad:

But I'm really motivated and know I will make it!!!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hi, my name is Vanessa I'm from Puerto Rico. I'm looking for new friends for support. Sometimes this can be frustrating :sad:

But I'm really motivated and know I will make it!!!
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Vanessa!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • ekamaseca
    ekamaseca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm Jessica, I'm 33. I started working out in June 2012 and since then have lost 20 pounds but I still need to lose another 24 to be at my goal of 135! I added MFP to track my calories and find support friends that have similar weight loss goals ????
  • amjo2693
    amjo2693 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Amy. I'm 33 and just joined MFP. My goal right now is to lose 40 pounds and then I'll reassess from there. I'm looking for new friends and support to help me through my journey.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Jessica and Amy!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • leanmama3
    leanmama3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 32 year old looking to get fit and healthy for the first time in my life. I've always wanted to be skinny but now that I'm married with a kid, I'm shifting my focus to health. Must admit - I'd like to get skinny in the process though :tongue: I'd love to make some friends on here to hold me accountable!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group leanmama3!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! drinker

Jo
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined mfp this week and am looking for others to talk to with similar goals. I am 35.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hi! I just joined mfp this week and am looking for others to talk to with similar goals. I am 35.
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group DancingMoosie!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • joy4824
    joy4824 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well just turned 30 last friday so this is something new for me...but this year is going to be my year to take control. Here is to an awesome year.
  • cmageno21
    Options
    Hello :) I'm new to this group and to fitnesspal. I just started fitnesspal about 10 days ago and I' looking for some supportive friends in my age group who are dedicated to their goals in fitness. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you are looking for some support as well!

I'm 33 years old, I am married with two children, and my goal is to lose about 25-30 pounds. I struggle with a few health issues, but I'm working hard to overcome those obstacles. My go-to workouts are Zumba, JIllian Michaels 30-day shred, running, and yoga.

ummm... I don't know what else to say :)
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hey im Craig 36 from Nottingham in the UK and only been on here nearly a month now and im loving it. Last year i lost 210lbs in 45 weeks by eating healthy and exercise, im not on here to lose any more weight but to maintain now and take my exercise to the next level.

So far this year ive been doing Insanity workout but had to stop as i was struggling to maintain my weight, it was just dropping off me, so ive gone back to a slightly modified weights and cardio based workouts and added some insanity and les mills workouts into the mix.

Always looking for new friends to help motivate and motivate me back.

Cheers,

Craig.

WTG that's amazing 210lbs !!!
This discussion has been closed.