Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Good Morning,

I'm Leanne, 32 from Horsham, West Sussex in the UK.

Been logging since January and lost about 20 pounds so far. Just a little bit stuck at the moment so trialing a few different things to get the loss moving again. :o)
  • jennylorrah
    Options
    Hi Im Jenny, im 36. I just started this 10 days ago. I am right now the heaviest I have ever been. So far I feel pretty good and I am really not that miserable. We have been going to the gym every day (alternating between 30 min of solid cardio and 10-15 min of cardio and 10-15 of stregnth training). So far I have lost 3 lbs. My husband and I are doing this together, hes lost 8 lbs so far (stupid jerk, lol).

I have never in my life been super thin, right now I am in a size 16 and I will be totally happy getting down to a 10 again (that was the lowest I have ever been since having kids and that was 8 years ago after doing Atkins hard core for a year), but I really looked good.

My husband and I are trying not to approach this as a "diet" we are trying to make lifestyle changes. We cut out all fast food, which we started about a month ago, we have noticed just a HUGE money savings. We started making better food choices consciously about 2 weeks ago.

I have just noticed maybe in the past day that I just feel better, my mood is better, energy levels way up, my pants are fitting better.

So thats me, thats my story!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Bug2love, Leanne and Jenny!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

I have been thinking about starting another sort of challenge – I am open to any suggestions.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! :D I'm Jennifer, and I just turned 34 this past March. This is actually my second time around with MFP. My first time I lost 30 pounds, but due to mistreatment of my thyroid disease, I quickly gained it all back. Luckily, this time around, I am under the care of an amazing integrative medicine doctor that is putting all my pieces back together! I have already lost 13 pounds just in the last month - which I'm sure is all water weight, but its still a great step in the right direction!

I'm completely addicted to Zumba - I do it on my Xbox at home. I also love lifting heavy, and kettlebells. I am a mother of 3, one doesn't start school until this fall, so until then, I do everything at home! :D

Anyhoo - thanks for having me in your group! :D
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Jennifer!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

I have been thinking about starting another sort of challenge – I am open to any suggestions.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • tmlandgraf
    tmlandgraf Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Traci and I am 33 (just had my birthday). I have been struggling with my weight basically my entire life. I initially joined MFP a few years ago but never really utilized it. I started back on MFP in February when I got my FitBit and learned that the two sync with each other.

I am a type 1 diabetic, I have hypothyroidism, and I can be an emotional eater, so it's a triple whammy to the system and makes an already difficult task even harder (losing weight that is). I am determined to keep trying, and always seem to pick myself up after I crash and burn. I just had my thyroid dosage changed, so I am hoping that will help since my efforts have been fruitless thus far.

I have a trainer that I work out with twice a week and I am looking to add a third day to get more strength training in. I try to do cardio as well 3-4 times a week, but as life tends to get in the way from time to time, that doesn’t always happen. I know I need to make it my primary focus and I will be the first to admit that it doesn’t always play out like that.

I am looking for support and since we are all around the same age, I thought this might be a good place to start. :happy:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Traci!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • ballerinap
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 33 for a couple more weeks. My birthday gift to myself is a commitment to eat well, get moving, and get back to my long lost self! I'm in there somewhere. :)

I've been at it for only a few days now. Feeling good, having fun, hoping to keep the momentum going.

Nice to meet you all!
  • CrystalBeat
    CrystalBeat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Crystal and I am 33, I lost alot and weight and was doing really good but then I got pregnant and gained more weight then I should of with my pregnancy :noway: and now I am having a hard time taking the weight back off! I have tried fad diets but I know they do not last and the weight comes right back on so I am trying to start over fresh and just eat healthy and excercise but with a child it is not always possible to get in the right meals or workouts needed so I am just here for tips and encouraging words. :flowerforyou:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group ballerina and Crystal!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have about another 4 weeks to our 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 5. If you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Jo
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelly, I'm a SAHM to 2 kiddos, DD who's 3 and DS who's 8m.
    A year after having DD I was about 240lbs and hit rock bottom. Here's a quick video on my story (there is audio!):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1DiEHZ3IU4
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Angel and I'm 30......something! LOL! I've been on MFP since late January, but started my serious weight loss journey on January1. I'm currently 170 lbs, but have about 30 lbs to go. I had some success a couple of years ago with regard to weight loss, but then different life events, as well as a move to a new city with no job and nothing to do but eat, put the pounds, plus some back on. I'm down 20 lbs since January 1, so I'm excited to see what the rest of the journey will look like for me.

Wishing everyone much success! :flowerforyou:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Kelly and Angel!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • scribega
    scribega Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    hello...I am Scott. I am 38 and live in north Georgia. I got serious about weight loss January 2012 and lost 30 lbs. Then I lost my job, got a new job, but had to travel which led to me gaining 20 lbs. I am finally getting back on track to lose the weight I gained back and more.

I am doing 30DS and running every other day.
    Thanks everyone.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Scott!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy year! :drinker:

Jo
  • schierwagen
    Options
    Hello, my name is Melissa and I am 34 years old. I have put on a lot of weight in the last few years and I am totally miserable with my self image. I had some health issues and ended up putting on some serious pounds. I would like I would like to lose approx. 50 lbs. I am interested in seeing what all you 30 somethings are doing and what works for you.
  • sandundasa
    sandundasa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Sandun, 31 years old. Didn't do much exercise during last year and ate lot of junks. Now here I am, trying to loose 15kgs. Already lost couple. I'm hopeful I can do this :)
  • headyo
    headyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, folks!
    I'm Heady! I'm a 36-year-old NJ native living in NC and I've always been a "big" girl, but didn't become a "fat" girl until puberty. So, about a year and a half ago, I started watching what I ate and am proud to say I've gone from 341 lbs to 223! I feel awesome (and jiggly!) and would like to get down to about 195. I'm tall and have it in my head that I'll look hot somewhere between 190-200...fingers crossed! I will officially be divorced in September (woohoo!) and live with my dog, Mister.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Melissa, Sandun and Heady!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy year! :drinker:

Jo
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Peggy and I'm 31 from Indiana. I gained about 25 lbs last yr in a short amt of time and am looking to get back to where I was. I enjoy doing Jillian Michaels banish fat boost metabolism dvd and walking. Want to start lifting weights at some point!!
    Noticed once I hit 30 the 'ole body does not cooperate anymore! :)
This discussion has been closed.