Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi 30 Somethings!!! I'm a single working mom that just turned 30 this past June. I've been on MFP for a while and after a very long hiatus, I'm back with 10 extra lbs to lose. I had successfully kept 40 pounds off for more than a year but, the weight was slowly trying to creep on up. I've learned I have to make a lifetime commitment to watching what I eat... I can have off days here and there but never off weeks or months!!!
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is sha. I have 2 little ones and married for 8 years. Oh yeah, I'm 35. I have been on and off this journey for 6 years but got serious about it last year. It's been slow but steady.

Glad to be here
  • Man_in_Motion
    Options
    I'm 34 (soon to be 35 in about a week), happily married, and a new father (baby arrived August 2011!). I've been using MFP since July and have lost just over 50 pounds (of a total 125 pound loss goal-- around 75 to go). My struggle with my weight has always been a very private battle (ironic, considering how everyone can see how heavy one is), so being a part of MFP has been a big step for me, but it's way past time that I do this, and I want my baby girl to be proud of her daddy!
  • safetyguy71
    Options
    Hi folks. I'm 32, married with two children ages 3 and 3 months. I'm here because it's time I get myself in a position to be a better parent and to be healthy enough to stick around for the long haul.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

My name is Brandon, 37 year old male from Baltimore, MD. Not married or kids yet. I joined this site a couple years ago, and love to use the Android app for this. I am going to try and be more disciplined in logging my food and continuing to work out and get in shape. I want to take care of my health and feel good about myself and my appearance.
  • butterflycox
    Options
    Hello I'm Jen 34 from texas, married 13 yrs going to school fulltime for nursing and have 2 kiddos 8 & 5....My life is on fastforward most of the time so eatting is normally the same fast! Ive been on this battle for a while through the births, losses and stress of school Ive managed to loose and gain the same 20lbs over the last 7 years... Im so over it I eat for all occasions and not much but its the junk food that I eat and lack of excercise that gets me.... I found this app through a friend and have really enjoyed it! I have had workout buddies and diet buddies but I the only one I can count on is myself i did this so I need to bail my own butt out! look forward to getting to know more about your journey and taking helpful hints as they come...
  • butterflycox
    Options
    happy birthday!!!!!
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Colleen, 33 in January, married 3 kids all girls, eldest will be 14 in January (popular month) and my 11 year old twins will be 12 in July! I live in New Zealand and that in a nutshell is me!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow 30's!!! My name is Hillarie. I'm 33 soon to be 34 in January. I'm married to Caleb, my high school sweetheart, for 12 years. We have 2 children, Aaron who's almost and Madison who will be 5 in January. My children are my gift from God. Our first son Carter was still born in Aug.09, followed by 2 miscarriages. It's a true blessing that I have the children that I have. God gave me some gifted Dr.'s to get me through 2 successful pregnancies although neither went to term. We have 2 cats, 3 dogs, amd a tank of goldfish. I work full time in retail and this time of year is brutal!

My weightloss journey has been a yoyo for a long time. This time its actually working thanks to MFP!!!! I've lost about 36 pounds have about 20 to go to my ultimate goal for now!
  • jms615
    jms615 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Joanne and I am 36 years old and single mom of my 12 yr old son. I live in Everett WA and am looking to get my weight and health back on track. Aside from being a single mom, I also work full time at a major health insurance company handling complaints and appeals. This job is very stressful and tends to make me want to eat unhealthy foods. I have somewhat broken that bad habit and want to complete my weight loss goal, so that is why I have joined MFP
  • imjustvalerie
    imjustvalerie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hey! i'm going to be 32 in a little under 2 weeks. i'm the single mother of an 8 year old son. last year around this time i decided to start losing weight, and i'm happy to say that i'm down 53 pounds.... i still have about 30 lbs to go, and i must say it's not as easy as it was in my 20's. haha.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I love this group!

I'm Leanne - I'll be 31 in February. Been married for 2 years, and been heavy my whole life. I've lost weight twice before and am hoping I can do it again this third time and keep it off!

Just found out I'm pre-diabetic, so I'm hoping that will help me take my weight seriously. Being 30 has been great - good husband, good house, good job, good money - but it's all led me to INDULGE. I need to find a way to be durty30 and indulge without negatively affecting my health. If I don't get serious soon, it will be too late!
  • nic77n
    Options
    Hi, I have just found this site so hello everyone. I am 34yrs and basically want to finally become the person I feel I am on the inside but need some support to do so. I am happily married, great job and great family I just need to start putting myself first and looking after myself.:smile:
  • sekhmet13
    sekhmet13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Let's see, I just turned 37, but I feel like I'm in my 20's. Problem is, at 20 I weighed 115 lbs, by 30 I was pushing 200, now I'm 260+. I don't know what happened, but I'm filled with disgust every time I look in the mirror.

Has anyone here lost that much weight? Is anyone here also trying to lose over 100 lbs? I doubt that I could get back to 115, but I would like to go shopping at normal stores again.

Help me out guys!
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a 35yr old momma of 3....full time job and hoping to keep up with them......My weight has went up and down over the years and I am tired of it and I know the older I get the harder it will be to take off the weight!!!! I am ready to get to a good weight and stay there!
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hello all 36 y/o married with two kids here...
  • SyxSixSyx
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP!! 37; soon to be 38! Please feel free to friend me!
  • SyxSixSyx
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP!! 37; soon to be 38! Please feel free to friend me!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group and wanted to say hello. I am 34 years old, have 2 boys (16 and 6) and live in NC although originally from FL. I hope all of you have your resolutions ready for 2012.:wink:
  • sonjawi
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sonja and I've been battling with weight my whole life. My worst was in 2003 at 220 lbs, my best in 2006 at 143 lbs. I am 35, and right now I am stuck at 191 lbs. I would like to get back to a weight that is healthy, and I know that I will not ever hit the "extreme" again of 143 lbs (unless I give up eating, but that won't happen, lol).

I am German and moving to the US in 2010 added quite a bit to my waistline due to three factors: Eating out, being not used to the calories in food, and having a husband that loves to cook and feed without regard to what it is.

I love food, and its hard for me to give up comfort food for good, so that will not happen. But I must say I know the better choices and logging my calories is bringing me back in the right mindset to eat more healthy food, because I like that too.

My intermediate aim for now is to get into the 170 lbs range, but my first aim is overall to at least not gain anymore. I am starting to slowly work out again, which is for me a thing I hate, hate, hate...but I know I have to, because just by changing my diet the weight won't come off.

I am living in the Hampton Roads area in Virginia so if anybody is around here as a support buddy, hit me up :).
This discussion has been closed.