Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 , 32 in may , 30's definitely best age bracket so far! Never been married. No kids, No pets, No boyfriend and now I'm going for No excess body fat!

479044.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to those of you joining this group this week! If you need to add to your support system feel free to add me.

On another note, we have just started a 3 month self challenge. If you are interested check out the 3 month self challenge thread.

Jo
  • Pennhotmom
    Pennhotmom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello I am married with two kids who is committed to getting healthier.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm 32 and have a daughter and an autistic son. As a result if he has a bad day, I find something sweet, so now I'm here trying to lose 100lbs-well 99 now. I did this before and lost 20 lbs and then fell to family pressure and did weight watchers with them and gained it all back :-( It did include 2 very bad months for me. So I'm back to what works! But this time I'm taking advantage of the message boards!
  • Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, I just turned 30 in October and I want to be healthier in this decade than I was in the last one! I would like to lose 50-60 pounds by my 31st birthday. I'm fairly new to this site, looking for some friends to motivate me!
  • LadyFleata
    LadyFleata Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI I'm Tracey.I'm 32 and I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Hypothyroidism, makes loosing weight an uphill struggle.

Currently i'm using a static bike on the lower resistance setting and Exerbest gym class workout on the wii. Both are low impact so no stress on my joints.

I have a blog http://tiredofbeing2tired.blogspot.com where i post a daily blog about how im coping, what im trying and what i find out about CFS alont the way.

I was recommended this site as i have wasted money on weight watchers and tescos diets both of which didnt loose me a single lbs but cost me lost of £££'s.

I'm also allergic to wheat, severely allergic to wheat and aspartame, which means alot of diet and none sugar food/drinks are a no go too.

Coping everyday and my husband stops my buying chocolate. To date I havent had a single peice of choclate single boxing 2011 to 1 month and counting. It's not easy tho, I crave chocolate everyday.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! So glad I found this group :) I was just thinking about starting a 30-something topic and figured I should do a "search" first. And here I am!!!

My name is Jenn, I'm 33 years old and will be turning 34 in April. I am a single mom to the most beautiful little girl (3 1/2 years old) and a new addition to the family, out 5 month old kitten. I've always been on the bigger side of things but the post-pregnancy bulk put me over anywhere I had ever been.

Last year I started running for the first time in my life and ran my first 5k in June. After that, I let myself slip again and now I'm back to do it right this time. I hate the back and forth of being motivated and then completely losing momentum so even though I slipped, I never let go of MFP. I honestly believe it is this site, and moreso the people on here, that are going to take me to where I want to be.

I'm not going to lie, the 30's have been rough. And at some points, it's absolutely sucked. But I want to not only improve my physical self but also my mental self. Looking forward to getting to know you all!!! :heart:
  • heather21h
    Options
    Hi there - My name is Heather. I live outside of Atlanta, GA. I am 30 (31 in March) - I recently married my best friend - we had been together for 10 years before we decided to make it official. I have been battling a 15-20 lb weight loss for probably 8-10 years now. I am currently at 154.6 - my goal is 145 by April 1st and then my ultimate goal would be 135. I have started on this journey yet again as of yesterday and need as much support as I can possibly get - so any motivation thrown my way would be much appreciated :-)

thank you!!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to MFP, but it seems fantastic! I am at my heaviest weight yet - Ughhh! My husband also just joined MFP and is a great supporter. He does not need to lose as much as I do. It drives me nuts that he loses twice as fast as I do and gets back in the swing of it soooo much easier. He could run a half marathon after a month training! Very proud of him, but I cringe when we compare. I will whine, but I will definitely keep him!

Join the club! My husband switched from sweet tea to half sweet/unsweet and loses 5 pounds in one week. Some dudes are just lucky!

Welcome!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies on here! This is an awesome site and hope you find a great support group on here as I have. We have started a 3 month (Self) Challenge if any of you are interested. We are just a few weeks into it. Let's do it this year! :smile:

Jo
  • HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 38 looking to lose about 20 pounds by June. So far I am on the 17 day diet - Day 8 - with about a 3lb loss but 21/2 inches lost around my belly ...so I am pleased with the progress so far and the diet has been relatively easy for me to follow.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I am 38 looking to lose about 20 pounds by June. So far I am on the 17 day diet - Day 8 - with about a 3lb loss but 21/2 inches lost around my belly ...so I am pleased with the progress so far and the diet has been relatively easy for me to follow.

Welcome to the group and feel free to add any of us. The most support and encouragement we get the better. :D

Jo
  • tererob
    tererob Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Teresa. I have been with my husband for 20 years and have been married for 14 years. We have two daughters and one dog. Our girls are 17 and 13. I work full time at a desk job. I was always at a really good weight in high school but when I met my husband I started gaining weight. I had my children and it all went downhill from there. I joined MFP last year and just rededicated myself to it this month. I am finding it much easier this time around. Mentally I think I am in a much better place. I am hoping that this will be the last time that I yo-yo up and down!!! Hope that we can all encourage each other to get through this journey.
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been with this site for about a year now and 26 pounds down. Slow but steady wins the race right. I have been in this group for a bit and just realized that I never introduced myself.

I am 33( 34 in Aug). I have 2 beautiful girls ages 6 and 4 1/2. My husband and I will be married for 10 years come Sept. I am really down to the last 15 pounds. These are the toughest yet. 2012 will be the year it is gone for good.

I never really had to worry about weight growing up. It was when I married my husband when it started. I gained 16 in the first 3 months of marriage. Then I had the 2 kids and it was downhill from there.

Sarah
  • jessica36340
    Options
    Hello I'm 31 and j have a very supportive husband and a supportive 10 year old. I went to the Dr a little over two weeks ago to learn that I am 40% body fat and that another 2 pounds would have made me classified as morbid obese. I knew I was overweight but I thought to be morbid obese I would have to weigh a lot more. I lost 5 poulds in two weeks at 1200 Cal per day and the gym as often as I can. I just want to be healthy and I want my child to learn to make healthy choices. He doesn't need to lose weight by an means. But if we canlearn healthy habits now maybe be won't have problems when he's older. Growing up my father kept us motivated in a gym every morning before school. After I hadmy son I gotta way from that. Much motivation needed please.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 33 in just over a week now. I'm married and have 4 kids ages 14,9,6,5, 2 boys and 2 girls. I weigh more than my husband and have for years. Ever since i started having kids 10 yrs ago. He's been married once before and this is my first and last husband,lol. We've been married for 5 years and together for almost 11. I'm looking to lose 60 lbs. I've been on here for about a year i think and actually gained weight,lol. So now i've lost half of what i gained. I'm loving body rock workouts. I make my own version so i don't jump too much because my knees bother me. I get to workout with a good friend of mine several days a week. We like Leslie Sansone videos too. I'm excited for this to finally be the year i get where i want to be by my anniversary in the end of Dec. So i basically have 11 months to lose at least 50 lbs. if not the whole 60. It will be more set on the size of clothing though, i would love to be a 10 or under. I have a twin sister and would love to be down to where she is, about 30lbs less than me, by the end of summer. Good luck to all this year!! God is great and i am truly thankful for all i have and don't have.
  • fluffy1980
    fluffy1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Aoife from London.. Ive just turned 31. No children (but would love some oneday), but do have a nice new fella.

Ive been doing this for a few weeks now, and I am feeling better all the time. I also find that I am not craving chocolate as much (yay me).

I was so pleased when I saw this sight as it seems most members are older or younger then me (as in not in their 30's).

Please feel free to friend me. I would love to hear from you all.

Aoife xx
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Catherine, 32. Married with a four year old son and a baby on the way.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    :smile: A big welcome to all of you newbies to 30 Somethings!
  • pfatonya
    Options
    Hi All! I am new to my fitness pal. I have been using spark people for quite a while but wanted to try something new. I am celebrating my last year in my 30's and trying to make the best of it! Last year I was in a toning competition at my gym and won 1st place. I was extremely committed to excercise and nutrition. I fell off the wagon a little bit and am trying to get back on. I know it may not look like I have far to go but after I had my 3rd child, I was busting out of a size 24.16899836.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
This discussion has been closed.